Premium Format Joker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Joker PF (updates first post)

btw i think 5-10 years down the line a piece as well-known as the Joker would sky rocket regardless of the ES (to an extent). The reasoning being with the economy the way it is, consumer luxuries take a backseat. when times are good people surplurge on luxuries and a character as well known as the Joker will always demand that presence. I dont think any piece will be a DOOM grail, or CAP grail since those were the first couple released years ago when the company started out making highquality mixed media.

2500 (im assuming) is still rather limited compared to how many people worldwide are fans of the Joker. Just probably take more time. Im buying it simply because it looks amazing and I intend to keep it in my collection, maybe give it to my kids down the line (if i do have kids)

Last edited:

btw i think 5-10 years down the line a piece as well-known as the Joker would sky rocket regardless of the ES (to an extent). The reasoning being with the economy the way it is, consumer luxuries take a backseat. when times are good people surplurge on luxuries and a character as well known as the Joker will always demand that presence. I dont think any piece will be a DOOM grail, or CAP grail since those were the first couple released years ago when the company started out making highquality mixed media.

2500 (im assuming) is still rather limited compared to how many people worldwide are fans of the Joker. Just probably take more time. Im buying it simply because it looks amazing and I intend to keep it in my collection, maybe give it to my kids down the line (if i do have kids)

I have often thought of doing that but boy collectibles do change quit fast as far as quality goes... i remember thinking how amazing my spawn toys are and how they will be passed on to my children... now they just sit in tubs in the garage... hopefully my sideshow stuff doesnt lose its appeal in the oncoming years but i would be willing to bet it will.

I don't mind the 1250 ES. I had a couple of friends pick one up for me and I will keep my orders. I'm definitely keeping one in my collection but I look at it like this my extras are like money in the bank. Worst case scenario, I can get my money back later on down the line. I was hoping that I would be able to make a little off each one so I could put it towards my LSFs. If not oh well I'm a collector and that's the risk we take as collectors.

By the way I still think this is the best PF SS has released as of yet. :hi5:

I have often thought of doing that but boy collectibles do change quit fast as far as quality goes... i remember thinking how amazing my spawn toys are and how they will be passed on to my children... now they just sit in tubs in the garage... hopefully my sideshow stuff doesnt lose its appeal in the oncoming years but i would be willing to bet it will.

same thing happen back in the years:lol

batman-dcdirect-joker-quarter-scale-museum-quality-statue.jpg

This hurts my eyes.

The SS piece is the bomb! I can't wait!

The material of the clothing from DCD is horrible compared to SSC... Vinyl vest :slap(Joker needs to commit more crimes so he can afford better clothes)looks like he shops at the Salvation Army... the vest on SSC has an nice pattern and the flower looks way better... the only thing remotely cool is the TNT & detonator, the base for SSC is ok

In fairness, I'm sure a lot of creative effort went into DC Direct's product. But Sideshow is the very best in the high-end statue game. Of course, whatever they come up with is gonna blow DC Direct out of the water.

Again, the DC Direct one never looked very good to me personally, but it looked a hell of a lot better before the Sideshow version was revealed.

In fairness, I'm sure a lot of creative effort went into DC Direct's product. But Sideshow is the very best in the high-end statue game. Of course, whatever they come up with is gonna blow DC Direct out of the water.

Again, the DC Direct one never looked very good to me personally, but it looked a hell of a lot better before the Sideshow version was revealed.

Not to mention I thought I'd never even have to consider SSC DC versions, so the DCD statues didn't look so bad at the time. Look at some of the early sideshow figs ie: Luke and Han, the constumes were awesome, but the likeness, and elogated chimp hands look a bit odd compared to their products now.. also back then they were producing solid bases and not the hollow ones of today...:)

Well, the most another retailer can discount is 10%. Sideshow gives you 5% in reward points, so that really cuts it down to 5 ($17.50 or so in the best case scenario). At that point, with Sideshow you get the best customer service there is for collectibles, and apparently a discounted shipping cost because of Sideshow's deal with UPS (I always thought Sideshow's shipping costs were low for what we were getting). Add in the fact that the Ex. (that I have zero doubt you could get if you jumped on the waiting list now) is essentially thrown in for free with the Sideshow statue--even if you don't plan on displaying it--and the Sideshow option don't seem so bad to me.

And considering the QC issues Sideshow has had with some of their recent pieces, that might be reason enough to want to buy through Sideshow in case you need a replacement.

:lecture:exactly:

I don't mind the 1250 ES. I had a couple of friends pick one up for me and I will keep my orders. I'm definitely keeping one in my collection but I look at it like this my extras are like money in the bank. Worst case scenario, I can get my money back later on down the line. I was hoping that I would be able to make a little off each one so I could put it towards my LSFs. If not oh well I'm a collector and that's the risk we take as collectors.

I agree.collectibles should at least be sold for retail down the line..in my world though,collectibles should raise in value in the years.

Doom PF respectfully disagrees. :)

when did this go on sale? I never got any e-mail notifications from Sideshow, generally i get those pre-order e-mails letting subscribers know in advance.

i missed out on the exclusive version

Doom PF respectfully disagrees. :)

Agree 100%

Think most of his "grail" status is because he was one of the better statues that came out years ago... dont think he would be as coveted if he came out now

The Doom PF was made in the "golden era" of Sideshow. It is solid and heavy with high quality detailed sculpting (especially the throne) and paint apps and excellent fabric for his cloak. I think the Joker PF looks great too but how can anyone compare a piece that has not even been mass produced yet to previously released products? :dunno

The Doom PF was made in the "golden era" of Sideshow. It is solid and heavy with high quality detailed sculpting (especially the throne) and paint apps and excellent fabric for his cloak. I think the Joker PF looks great too but how can anyone compare a piece that has not even been mass produced yet to previously released products? :dunno

I wasnt comparing... I said that if Doom was released now he wouldnt be a "grail" piece... he is in the hands of collectors who will most likely not part with him so its getting harder and harder to find... besides the ex was only 500... he is good but I think better pieces will come out... something better always comes out

As nice as Doom's positive points are, though, the hood looks weird in just about every pic I've seen. Hulk PF is still the undisputed champ of PFs IMO. As far as judging an unreleased statue to an existing one, I agree that we should hold off. With Sideshow you often have a pretty noticeable difference between pre-production prototypes and production pieces.

As nice as Doom's positive points are, though, the hood looks weird in just about every pic I've seen. Hulk PF is still the undisputed champ of PFs IMO. As far as judging an unreleased statue to an existing one, I agree that we should hold off. With Sideshow you often have a pretty noticeable difference between pre-production prototypes and production pieces.

:exactly: but he can be just as good, better or worse... we shall see

IMO joker has the potential,as a character and as a statue,to be one of sideshow's best.

Back