Premium Format Joker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Joker PF (updates first post)

I'm ordering this but I very seriously doubt the product we get will look even half as good as that proto.

how often does sideshow's products deviate from those displayed at SDCC. 2011 was my first comic con... Im just curious since I saw this in person and it looked amazing. Unfortunately it doesnt come with any of the props it was displayed with, but it looked really detailed... just a bit small but the base makes it seem elongated.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lbWoG4IbItI&hd=1"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lbWoG4IbItI&hd=1[/ame]

This PF should've came with a PRINT. The only time Ive thought about getting something from SSC that I regret doesnt come with a PRINT.

how often does sideshow's products deviate from those displayed at SDCC. 2011 was my first comic con... Im just curious since I was this in person. Unfortunately it doesnt come with any of the props it was displayed with, but it looked really detailed... just a bit small but the base makes it seem elongated.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lbWoG4IbItI&hd=1

The only problems are paint apps of which I've yet to receive anything painted nearly as good as this Joker proto paint which is why I wouldn't get my hopes up on it looking as good. I would love for them to prove me wrong though.

Honestly, I expect it to look damn close to that to be honest. SS has really turned the corner to where issues don't happen as far as drop off. They were really quite proud of that at comic-con.

If I was going to order this I'd get the Ex but probably just display the regular sculpt.

Wouldn't pick Joker over any LOTR item ever.

Honestly, I expect it to look damn close to that to be honest. SS has really turned the corner to where issues don't happen as far as drop off. They were really quite proud of that at comic-con.

If I was going to order this I'd get the Ex but probably just display the regular sculpt.

Thought you said you weren't going to order it?

Last edited:

Is the ex version gonna cost more? If it does I think I'll stick with the regular version

Seems like they've been very hit-or-miss over the last year or so. My Wolvie PF was great, Spidey was bad and had to be returned, Jason was very good. Same with the Joes. I hope the major DC PFs won't have paint issues, but I'm a skeptic until Sideshow proves me wrong in thinking they can't consistently produce decent paint apps.

about prices

its exactly the same on SSC website however for international customers it makes sense to buy the exclusive since it will most likely be cheaper to buy directly from SSC.

Domestic - the regular should be cheaper at your LCS.

Seems like they've been very hit-or-miss over the last year or so. My Wolvie PF was great, Spidey was bad and had to be returned, Jason was very good. Same with the Joes. I hope the major DC PFs won't have paint issues, but I'm a skeptic until Sideshow proves me wrong in thinking they can't consistently produce decent paint apps.

Ditto, paint apps for my Spidey and IM maquette were terribad.

Thought you said you weren't going to order it?

I did say if in my post.

What can I say. The stuff I've gotten from LOTR and GI Joe pretty much matched what I saw. Dusty being the biggest issue of course. My Marvel items have been quite good as well.

The more I look at the EX head, the more I like it. I'm definitely ordering the EX, but I'm not sure if I'll swap the heads. I absolutely love the regular sculpt.

I actually really like the ex head... its very creepy and odd. If I were to buy this I imagine I would lean more towards displaying the regular head; but both look great.

I'll be getting the regular at an online retailer for cheaper and to save on taxes. Will pass on the EX.

we should all petition and demand that the statue come with an art print.

Hmmm I'm not totally sold on the EX head.

Looks good from certain angles.

Reckon I'll grab the EX still but will display with just the regular head.

Neil

Well the pics look significantly better than the DCD version IMO. Still we'll have to see in-hand pics of the production version.

I'll be flex ordering this one.

Back