Justice League Movie (Nov 17th, 2017)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It looks like someone grabbed his ears and pulled.

:lol:lol:lol

Reminded me of this.

XqXKHUe.png

I hope he looks cool and has cool powers.

It's a Snyder film, so that comes with the territory.

Ciaran Hinds is in this? How are they still managing to get good, reputable actors for these films?

Because their films rich in thematic and visual depth that gives the actors a lot to tackle. Like him or not, Snyder is one of the better "actors director" working right now, which explains how he always gets such good actors to work for him film after film.

It's a Snyder film, so that comes with the territory.

Doomsday's look was disappointing.

MC20ekA.jpg

Because their films rich in thematic and visual depth that gives the actors a lot to tackle. Like him or not, Snyder is one of the better "actors director" working right now, which explains how he always gets such good actors to work for him film after film.

a-dev be like

oYy04WN.gif

Doomsday's look was disappointing.

MC20ekA.jpg

Aside from them both being large grey skinned hulks, which is what Doomsday is in the comics and the film, there's not much of a comparison. The face is distinctly different with the Cave Troll having this kind of a dumb buffoonish look and Doomsday look fierce and imposing. The Cave Troll is designed in such a way that you're suppose to feel sorry for him when Legolas puts him down. He's just a big dumb dog. Doomsday is just pure rage and wants to kill everything in his path. He's not exactly calculating, but he's not sympathetic like the Cave Troll.

Also, the Cave Troll didn't shoot laser beams out of his eyes and create orange nuclear explosions out of his mouth. If you took the boney protrusions away from Doomsday in the comics, he would also look like the Cave Troll to a certain degree as well.

BvS%u00252BDoomsday.jpg

Aside from them both being large grey skinned hulks, which is what Doomsday is in the comics and the film, there's not much of a comparison. The face is distinctly different with the Cave Troll having this kind of a dumb buffoonish look and Doomsday look fierce and imposing. The Cave Troll is designed in such a way that you're suppose to feel sorry for him when Legolas puts him down. He's just a big dumb dog. Doomsday is just pure rage and wants to kill everything in his path. He's not exactly calculating, but he's not sympathetic like the Cave Troll.

Also, the Cave Troll didn't shoot laser beams out of his eyes and create orange nuclear explosions out of his mouth. If you took the boney protrusions away from Doomsday in the comics, he would also look like the Cave Troll to a certain degree as well.

View attachment 334381

is this satire?
i refuse to believe this is a real opinion

Did they ever show Doomsday without the spikes in the comics? I only remember him being clothed and wearing goggles, I think. But yeah - he would be a pretty nondescript grey dude if you take his protrusions away.

Did they ever show Doomsday without the spikes in the comics? I only remember him being clothed and wearing goggles, I think. But yeah - he would be a pretty nondescript grey dude if you take his protrusions away.

The only time I remember him being clothed with goggles is in the first few issues of the Death of Superman storyline before they are eventually torn off due to the battle. He always has some protrusions to varying degrees depending on the artist and usually wears green shorts. The Doomsday in BvS does continue to grow bony protrusions as the battle continues.

While we're on the topic of Doomsday, I highly recommended the Superman: Doomed storyline from the New 52. Man, that is one epic and awesome story.

Yeah, I meant before he starts getting really spikey in his original appearance. I was just curious if anyone ever did a story where he's pictured without spikes and without the original getup on.

Yeah, I meant before he starts getting really spikey in his original appearance. I was just curious if anyone ever did a story where he's pictured without spikes and without the original getup on.

They haven't, as far as I know.

Yea Snyder got the look of so many things right, I can't believe they dropped the ball on Doomsday. And making him 30 feet tall? There went any Hot Toys dawls.

Good counter argument.

Look guy i already spent months mocking and trashing that idiotic stupid cave troll design for doomsday when it came out.
I just dont buy your post as serious because that design is so godawful i cant believe anyone would actually defend it.

That was doomsday in name only. It looked nothing like doomsday and it didnt even talk. It was a mindless cave troll that most people hated.

They didnt have the decency of giving him the spikes.
I dont give a s- that little ridiculous spikes grew after the explosion. What is this? Doomsday in puberty? Are you freaking kidding me?

Back