Justice League Movie (Nov 17th, 2017)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For fans of the comics, the design of BvS Doomsday was an insult--as well as cramming the Death of Superman into a 15-minute plot advancement so they could get to their precious JL film. BvS Doomsday was an exploding cave troll with a few bony bits thrown on him so Peter Jackson didn't try to get any royalties.

Smallville had a tiny budget and a silly funny looking costume for doomsday and even they tried to do justice as much as they could with what they had.
They at least gave it the damn spikes

latest

The death of Superman didn't rub me the wrong way at all, it served the story instead of just being a marketing stunt to boost sales like the comics event was.

It could've been done at a better time, yes, but it was well done and it was already more narrative-useful than the source material, the only good thing to come out of TDOS was Reign of the Supermen, more specifically, best Superboy.

tumblr_nt9qpjdLgX1r076sco8_540.jpg

A better "death" of Superman was done by, guess who... Grant Morrison.

Doomsday sans spikes was bland but I didn't think it deserved all the rage. I was more put off by the treatment Jimmy Olsen and Mercy Graves got. But that's the Snyderverse I guess.

I'm not a huge Superman fan but I have two friends that are and they are of polar opposite opinions about BvS. So I guess he's doing something right.

The death of Superman didn't rub me the wrong way at all, it served the story instead of just being a marketing stunt to boost sales like the comics event was.

It could've been done at a better time, yes, but it was well done and it was already more narrative-useful than the source material, the only good thing to come out of TDOS was Reign of the Supermen, more specifically, best Superboy.

That's a cool Superboy.

I'd like to see that version on film.

That's a cool Superboy.

I'd like to see that version on film.
Me too but not in the DCEU, I can't imagine the horror show of a costume Wilkinson would think for Bestboy.

Or it could be a homerun like 50's minutemen from Watchmen. But I'd doubt it.

In this universe I'd rather they did the new one, since they're desperately looking to switch to that kiddy tone,

Superman10b.jpg

Or the other one, the generic Teen Titans one, I wouldn't mind if Wilkinson ruined that one.

The best Superboy...pfft.

Try again.

latest

wow. :lol
some of y'all just have to hate on something.

the spikes there are practically the same sizeof the dumb smallville costume you're applauding. :lol

Practically the same.....
For 20 times less the budget
In a practical costume
With a doomsday 20 times smaller
A decade ago...............

Mmmm, the show did what it could in such a small scale. They at least TRIED to make it look close to the comic.

Movie doomsday barely resembles it even though they could do whatever they wanted by using cgi with a big hollywood budget......

The pic u posted dont even look like spikes because they are not even pointy.
They are like little tree braches cut in half.
The face has no pointy spikes anywhere.

Try again.

latest

I'm not a fan of the black T shirt Superboy.

It's an easy cosplay, but a bit boring. I much prefer the Nu 52 Action Comic Sups with the t shirt and cape.

90's superboy is very dated and very much a product of the 90's...maybe late 80's decade, but it gives the character more of a unique personality.

Try again.

latest

Literally worst Superboy.

Or the other one, the generic Teen Titans one, I wouldn't mind if Wilkinson ruined that one.

Official power rank.
1. Cool 90's Smugboy
2. PRIME TIME
3. Rebirth kawaii Superboy
4. LOSH Superboy
5. PRIME G A P
6. lame black t-shirt mopeyboy.

Back