Justice League Movie (Nov 17th, 2017)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I get the hatred some people have for their movies, that frequently feel like they are written by committee and focus groups. But Marvel Studios juggles all that stuff reasonably well. And sometimes, as with Homecoming, they exceed expectations. I still have yet to see a Marvel Studios film I didn't enjoy. I don't love all of them, some have pretty big flaws, but they aren't incoherent messes like BvS.
Yes but it does make for a very formulaic movie experience , they can literally rinse and repeat with any character they choose . That why I think DC will be fine if a pretty basic movie like WW can get get all these praise well they have found their own formula and can rinse and repeat

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Why did the thumps ripple water in a glass? Is Superman's epic return just the set up for a comedic Jurassic Park reference?
Pretty sure we've established that it's just going to be a really loud boom box. That would easily cause a ripple in a cup.

If by "reasonably well" you mean making me roll my eyes for almost the entire duration of most of their [kids] movies, then yes. They excel at that.
Well, considering that your interest and support of films is generally, inversely related to their success critically and/or at the box office, then I suppose that is what I mean.

Why did the thumps ripple water in a glass? Is Superman's epic return just the set up for a comedic Jurassic Park reference?

While i'm ok with it because it provides an instant visual representation of power it does make one instantly think of JP.

I'm actually surprised more movies haven't stolen that trick lol.

Golden age of heroes will return? When did the first age take place? And superman was this weird, polarizing character who attracted crazies in the other films. The way they talk about him doesn't really jibe. But by and large it looks watchable, if not quite marvel studios level fun or action. Cyborg does look better. . . in the dark, when you can't see his whole body.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Many pages back but I agree with this.

Why do people keep saying DC is for adults. Seriously? Marvel is for kids and not DC? This lame argument needs to just stop lol.

Im calling it now. Every flash scene will have jokes. And when hes not on screen it will be WW with whomever. Im pretty sure JL will be the most enjoyable movie in the whole dceu. As for who meets Alfred. Its freaking superman. Blurred red something in the corner and the way Alfred says HOPE is pretty obvious.
09dd99c69337682a22976be439748292.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well they started as being for adults and after the disaster of BvS and success of WW they have put their tails between their legs, fired Snyder and hired Whedon to make it more like the MCU.

I mean who else to make it more like the MCU than Whedon!

Remember before BvS when Snyder was making fun of and mocking the crappy MCU movies.

The best part is that the MCU movies are for everyone, Snyder not recognizing that was his demise.

Since when does superman make a large thud when he walks the red blur is from cyborgs chest .

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Why do people keep saying DC is for adults. Seriously? Marvel is for kids and not DC? This lame argument needs to just stop lol.

Im calling it now. Every flash scene will have jokes. And when hes not on screen it will be WW with whomever. Im pretty sure JL will be the most enjoyable movie in the whole dceu. As for who meets Alfred. Its freaking superman. Blurred red something in the corner and the way Alfred says HOPE is pretty obvious.
09dd99c69337682a22976be439748292.png

Well, I really don't feel comfortable showing my son Superman snapping someone's neck, or half naked Lois in the tub, or Bruce naked in the shower, or Superman impaled, or Slipknot getting his head blown off or Joker shooting someone point blank. So, yeah I think DC is a bit more adult oriented than Marvel.

Well, I really don't feel comfortable showing my son Superman snapping someone's neck, or half naked Lois in the tub, or Bruce naked in the shower, or Superman impaled, or Slipknot getting his head blown off or Joker shooting someone point blank. So, yeah I think DC is a bit more adult oriented than Marvel.

Yeah i get your point. But they are all still pg13 and will always be geared to kids. Marketing/merch etc.

Golden age of heroes will return? When did the first age take place? And superman was this weird, polarizing character who attracted crazies in the other films. The way they talk about him doesn't really jibe. But by and large it looks watchable, if not quite marvel studios level fun or action. Cyborg does look better. . . in the dark, when you can't see his whole body.

Many pages back but I agree with this.

I'd say that WW has established that they'll now pretty much ignore the events of MOS/BvS for the most part. Don't decanonize them but still carry on as if they never happened like TFA did with the PT. So when they talk about beloved Superman returning we can just imagine that it was Reeve or even Routh who died.

I'd say that WW has established that they'll now pretty much ignore the events of MOS/BvS for the most part. Don't decanonize them but still carry on as if they never happened like TFA did with the PT. So when they talk about beloved Superman returning we can just imagine that it was Reeve or even Routh who died.

Batman's speech in the new JL trailer proves you right because he says that Superman was a beacon of hope.

If they could figure out a way to do it they're just going to use a cgi Reeve for the movie.

Look our beacon has returned! lol

How did Wonder Woman do that? I didn't notice much reference to previous films apart from the little thing at the end with the picture she gets from Batman.

To me WW ignored a major element of BvS in that she ended the movie totally engaged with humanity and continually fighting for them even to the very last second of the final scene--whereas BvS made a big deal about her supposedly turning her back on everyone because the wars made her depressed or whatever.

Batman's speech in the new JL trailer proves you right because he says that Superman was a beacon of hope.

If they could figure out a way to do it they're just going to use a cgi Reeve for the movie.

Look our beacon has returned! lol

Lol...

Back