Statue Kotobukiya Spider-man Unleashed

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Correct me if I'm wrong (I don't own the Lee Bats), but those were plastic statues that didn't have any kind of edition size to them. The Koto Spidey doesn't fall into that category. This was released with an ES of 1900 and is made of cold cast porcelain. That's a major difference between the 2 pieces.

Also, a Koto Rep (Gonk) stated that the fine art statue line won't be reissued. I clearly remember when Koto found a few Fine Art Magneto statues in their inventory (after they were sold out everywhere and ebay prices were high) and sold them for retail, many collectors were crying foul. They were *****ing on the forums that they were reissued pieces and Koto was trying to cash in. Gronk was kind enough to address the issues head on. He stated that there were only a very few pieces found in inventory and that they were all a part of the original run. He then went on to say that the Fine Arts line will not be reissued.

That doesn't mean a reissue on Spidey won't happen. I have seen a corporations need for profit outweigh any promises made. However, Gonk has put his neck out on the line saying that reissues in the Fine Arts line aren't going to happen. I haven't seen any reason to doubt him...yet.

Oh right, i didn't know that. Thanks for clarifying (and breaking my hopes of picking this one up for a reasonable price!)

Oh right, i didn't know that. Thanks for clarifying (and breaking my hopes of picking this one up for a reasonable price!)

Sorry, not looking to rain on anyones parade. However, if you have any local comics shops in your area, visit them. I know my LCS carried 8 koto Spideys when he was released. I actually got him to sell me one for $185 out the door. He has since sold out of them but I have seen many collectors here claim that they ran into a LCS that still had them in stock at retail. Some of these older LCS owners want nothing to do with ebay and you might get lucky. Either way, I hope you can find a way to get one. It's a fantastic statue and without a doubt, the finest Spidey piece I have ever seen in 1/6 scale.

I wonder how the price will hold once the comiquette is released. Tempted to let mine go...

Id say it will. The pose is second to none. Id say if size were not a factor its the best statue of Spidey ever made but... thats just... like... my opinion mayun.

This still looks better than the upcoming Spiderman.

Id say it will. The pose is second to none. Id say if size were not a factor its the best statue of Spidey ever made but... thats just... like... my opinion mayun.

I agree with both of you. No Spidey statue made has as dynamic a pose as this one. As I said before, I'm very happy that this piece is in 1/6 scale. I already have the 1/4 Spidey Com and I was never happy with any of the previous Spidey statues I saw in 1/6 scale so my 1/6 collection had a huge hole in it until this piece came along. This one is hard to top in any scale. That's just my opinion on the topic.

I agree best Spidey ever!
I agree with both of you. No Spidey statue made has as dynamic a pose as this one. As I said before, I'm very happy that this piece is in 1/6 scale. I already have the 1/4 Spidey Com and I was never happy with any of the previous Spidey statues I saw in 1/6 scale so my 1/6 collection had a huge hole in it until this piece came along. This one is hard to top in any scale. That's just my opinion on the topic.

Sorry, not looking to rain on anyones parade. However, if you have any local comics shops in your area, visit them. I know my LCS carried 8 koto Spideys when he was released. I actually got him to sell me one for $185 out the door. He has since sold out of them but I have seen many collectors here claim that they ran into a LCS that still had them in stock at retail. Some of these older LCS owners want nothing to do with ebay and you might get lucky. Either way, I hope you can find a way to get one. It's a fantastic statue and without a doubt, the finest Spidey piece I have ever seen in 1/6 scale.

Thanks. I'll keep looking :wave

Wow what a consummate professional to post that. Good job!

I wonder how the price will hold once the comiquette is released. Tempted to let mine go...

It will not be affected at all. Sideshow's upcoming comiquette is a 1/5 representation of Scott Campbell's art, while Sosa's Koto 1/6 is a representation of the McFarlane/Larsen era. They represent different timelines, but the last one has more iconic value for seasoned comic readers.

Totally agree!
It will not be affected at all. Sideshow's upcoming comiquette is a 1/5 representation of Scott Campbell's art, while Sosa's Koto 1/6 is a representation of the McFarlane/Larsen era. They represent different timelines, but the last one has more iconic value for seasoned comic readers.

I only bought Spider-Man Unleashed because I preordered Venom. Imagine my stunned expression when I unboxed him. I had to stop and stare every time I walked by. Even my brothers admired Spidey longer than any of my other statues.

On the other side of the coin, I really hope the 1/5 Spidey, Gwen, and MJ do very well. I was a big fan of Sideshow's comiquettes and I'd love to see them return in grand fashion - no disrespect to the 1/4 scale collectors out there.

How much is this statue going for nowadays? Seen some ending prices on ebay as high as $600? :horror

How much is this statue going for nowadays? Seen some ending prices on ebay as high as $600? :horror

I'm sorry, but if they are really ending as high as $600, I'm going to let mine go. As much as I like the piece, $600 can go a long way towards other stuff.

WOW I had no idea this piece had skyrocketed like that. There are bids for $625 on ebay right now. Maybe I'll sell mine...

Oh yeah, this statue has been trending upward for quite some time. There is a good reason for it. There isn't a statue that comes close to matching it in its scale. Hell, maybe any scale. I sold an extra one I had about 2 months ago for $500. Maybe I let it go a little too early given what he's going on the bay for now. :lol No way I sell the other one I have unless I can replace it with another Spidey statue (in the same scale) that I think looks better. Don't think that'll be happening any time soon.

You got that right, brother! Mine is sitting at the display, accumulating some serious cash. :chillpill: Heck!! It is Better than buying stocks nowadays.

$1000!! Who say me? ..anyone? :faq

If somebody offered me $600 right now for mine, I don't think I'd sell it. If another Spidey statue comes out that I like better, then maybe, but right now, I don't even think I'd sell it for $1000. The paint app on my particular statue is stellar, which gives me another reason to hold on to it. Getting one is nice, but getting one with a nice paint job is even better. Good for a guy like me, but I guess a non factor for peeps who can paint or touch up their own statues.

I remember cancelling my pre order when I saw pics like this up on CoolToyReview (sorry CoolToyReview).

Spider-Man_Unleashed_Fine_Art_Statue_Kotobukiya-09.jpg

For some reason I decided to re order the statue, & got this.

WFowYuf.png

Happy I changed my mind about ordering it. I've since realised (after taking some of my own pics) that the black web lining colour can sometimes get washed out (by the lighting I presume) in some pics. I'm guessing that might be what happened with those CoolToyReview pics, or maybe it simply had a rushed paint job, I don't know.

Anybody have their statue repainted? Symbiote Spidey? Scarlet Spidey? Or maybe simply giving it a matte finish? Might be cool to see what some talented peeps can do to customise this. It's such a nice dynamic sculpt.

Last edited:
Back