Statue Kotobukiya Spider-man Unleashed

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I should've bought a second one to flip :(

I just got lucky. I got one from my LCS for $185 and I picked up one on this forum for $170 shipped. I was thinking about customizing one of them to his more classic flat colors but when the price started going for $500+ on the bay, I couldn't justify not selling him and just being happy with the one I have on display.

I should've bought a second one to flip :(

I did when I found one at a local con and picked it up for $170. Sadly I sold that one for $300 just before prices started to skyrocket.

It's a tough choice whether or not to keep mine. Maybe when Planet Hulk comes out I'll see if I like it enough. Would be sweet to get a $600 statue for less than $200.

If somebody offered me $600 right now for mine, I don't think I'd sell it. If another Spidey statue comes out that I like better, then maybe, but right now, I don't even think I'd sell it for $1000. The paint app on my particular statue is stellar, which gives me another reason to hold on to it. Getting one is nice, but getting one with a nice paint job is even better. Good for a guy like me, but I guess a non factor for peeps who can paint or touch up their own statues.

I remember cancelling my pre order when I saw pics like this up on CoolToyReview (sorry CoolToyReview).

Spider-Man_Unleashed_Fine_Art_Statue_Kotobukiya-09.jpg

For some reason I decided to re order the statue, & got this.

27052791.jpg

Happy I changed my mind about ordering it. I've since realised (after taking some of my own pics) that the black web lining colour can sometimes get washed out (by the lighting I presume) in some pics. I'm guessing that might be what happened with those CoolToyReview pics, or maybe it simply had a rushed paint job, I don't know.

Anybody have their statue repainted? Symbiote Spidey? Scarlet Spidey? Or maybe simply giving it a matte finish? Might be cool to see what some talented peeps can do to customise this. It's such a nice dynamic sculpt.

Yours looks fantastic!! Congrats, Bro.:clap

I did when I found one at a local con and picked it up for $170. Sadly I sold that one for $300 just before prices started to skyrocket.

It's a tough choice whether or not to keep mine. Maybe when Planet Hulk comes out I'll see if I like it enough. Would be sweet to get a $600 statue for less than $200.

I surely can use the money of a quick sale. But the problem is that I am going to hate myself for doing so. And honestly, I do not want to spend $600 to $1000 to buy Spidey back. My wife would kill me in a heart beat!!! :blissysmi

The auction bids are going for anywhere from 290-425. So after the fees that's a take home of 350ish at the highest.

Don't look at BIN or shill bids as a true representation of what this thing is going for. But it is a high commodity statue at the moment.

The auction bids are going for anywhere from 290-425. So after the fees that's a take home of 350ish at the highest.

Don't look at BIN or shill bids as a true representation of what this thing is going for. But it is a high commodity statue at the moment.

This one is going for $625 + shipping, with one bid and only 12 hours to go:

https://bit.ly/1jn9CQO

And this one is at $345 + shipping, with 13 bids and 20 hours more to go:

https://bit.ly/LK8JD3

I betcha that it will sell between $500 to $600 (Maybe even more). ;)

LOL we'll see. 1 bid at 600 seems like a shill bid. Hard to guesstimate on a bid ending. I've had a $150 hike in 30 minutes and seen something stay at the same price for 30 hours.

:wink1:

Yep.. Right on the money. The first one sold for the $625 + $13.25 shipping, and the second one for $470 + $29.99 shipping. Not too shabby if you ask me. When people want something, they'll go to lengths to get it. I know it by experience; I just paid $525 for the Bowen Action Thor (yikes!).

Is this true 1/6 scale?
My guess, from looking at mine, is no. It's smaller.

I don't know what the usual issues are, but I think I remember reading about an issue with trying to get the webs in the hands, & maybe paint issues with some? Personally, mine was pretty mint.

Is this true 1/6 scale?

What are the usual issues to look out for?

My guess, from looking at mine, is no. It's smaller.

I don't know what the usual issues are, but I think I remember reading about an issue with trying to get the webs in the hands, & maybe paint issues with some? Personally, mine was pretty mint.

Maybe I imagined it, but I vaguely remember someone saying the technique Koto uses to make Fine Art statues doesn't produced "true 1/6 scale". They come out a bit smaller. You can see true 1/6 scale creations from a producer like PrototypeZ and their Street Fighter kits. That said, Spider-Man is easily to scale with the other Fine Art X-Men and Avengers from Koto. He even looks at home with some Bowen statues - though slightly larger.

I have the Proto Ryu kit (still unpainted & not assembled :lol), & that is what I'd say qualifies for 1/6. My Koto's & Bowen's kinda look small when I compare them to my 1/6 figures. I guess that's why I think they are like 1/7 scale or something.

You guys may be right about the true 1/6th scale. It doesnt affect my opinion one way or the other on Koto but I do appreciate the vast amount of statue knowledge you all bring to my world as I delve into my own collection. I put my BB Bruce Wayne Hot Toy next to Koto Hulk and even though Hulk is crouching it doesn't feel like Hulk is true 1/6.

I would say Bowen and Koto might be a little smaller than true 1/6 based on Hot Toys. But with Spidey Koto it really doesn't matter. The pose, the sculpt and the paint apps make it a "1/6 exception" seeing as he's so epic in his pose. Plus Spidey should feel a little smaller. That's why I am going to display the new Spidey maquette thats coming out with my Marvel 1/4 statues. Even if he looks smaller that's kind of cool to me.

On the flip side I've seen the Spidey CC next to other 1/4 statues and he feels a touch too big in comparison. SSC tends to go the other route with sometimes being bigger than 1/4 on some while being right on 1/4 with others.

You guys may be right about the true 1/6th scale. It doesnt affect my opinion one way or the other on Koto but I do appreciate the vast amount of statue knowledge you all bring to my world as I delve into my own collection. I put my BB Bruce Wayne Hot Toy next to Koto Hulk and even though Hulk is crouching it doesn't feel like Hulk is true 1/6.

I would say Bowen and Koto might be a little smaller than true 1/6 based on Hot Toys. But with Spidey Koto it really doesn't matter. The pose, the sculpt and the paint apps make it a "1/6 exception" seeing as he's so epic in his pose. Plus Spidey should feel a little smaller. That's why I am going to display the new Spidey maquette thats coming out with my Marvel 1/4 statues. Even if he looks smaller that's kind of cool to me.

On the flip side I've seen the Spidey CC next to other 1/4 statues and he feels a touch too big in comparison. SSC tends to go the other route with sometimes being bigger than 1/4 on some while being right on 1/4 with others.

The original Spidey Com is definitely bigger than 1/4 scale. However, IMO it adds to the epic nature of the piece. There are a lot of classic Spidey statues out there but for my money, the original Com and the Koto Spidey are head and shoulders above the rest. I hope the new Spidey Com turns out well for all of you that ordered him. It's a cool looking piece. I like the original Com more and I felt the poses were too similar to justify picking up the new one.

Back