LEGO Star Wars

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All ways wanted that death star, but have never had the room. How much did that cost you and any Process Pics???

I might have some "in the process of building pics".
I'll try to find them in one of my harddrives.

From side to side, it really doesn't take up that much room.
Look at the specs. I think width is something like 16" - 18" or so.

That would be great!

We opened up the Death Star today. It's quite impressive just in terms of the sheer number of pieces. There are four sub-boxes inside the main box, and the instructions are around 260 pages long. Love that they're spiral bound. :D

lego_death_star_box.jpg

We had fun putting together all the minifigs.

lego_death_star_minifigs.jpg

Congrats! It's a great set for any SW fan. Very playable and Vader's tie fighter is the nicest-looking, most swooshable of any tie fighter.

I might be mistaken, but I believe most of the UCS sets that are over 2,000 pieces come with a spiral bound book.

That CN special looks great! Hopefully they release it to BR with a minifig again!
Thanks for posting Waller!

icruise-I ended up getting that Amazon deal as well, except I'll be waiting until Christmas to open it, so thank you in advance for posting any pics!
Did you say 260 pages, though? :panic::horror:lol

Building it is pretty fun, but seeing having that spiral bound book with bags and bags of tiny Lego pieces in front of you can be pretty daunting. I gave up on it for a few months.

Building it is pretty fun, but seeing having that spiral bound book with bags and bags of tiny Lego pieces in front of you can be pretty daunting. I gave up on it for a few months.

:panic:

Yeah, I'm starting to wonder if it's just better left in the box. :lol
Maybe I'll get snowed in this winter, giving me no other choice than to finish it...or go crazy! Redrum anyone? :lol

Why does Han have brown pants?

Bantha poodoo.

Why does Han have brown pants?

I think I thought about that when I first got it and I just settled on ROTJ Han Solo in space.

:panic:

Yeah, I'm starting to wonder if it's just better left in the box. :lol
Maybe I'll get snowed in this winter, giving me no other choice than to finish it...or go crazy! Redrum anyone? :lol

The string elevators are the worst part.

I know what you mean by the string elevators now... I think I got it figured out though. It's coming along, but it is certainly one of the most challenging sets we've done (and we've put together the big Hogwarts castles, etc.) Part of the problem is simply that I have trouble telling the difference between light gray, dark gray, and black bricks in the instructions, and there are a LOT of all of these colors. Also, while most LEGO sets have you assemble them bag-by-bag, with the Death Star each step may have 5 or 6 bags of bricks, which can make finding the pieces you need a little tricky.

It's not too bad though, and it's impressively large even incomplete. We just opened the second box last night (while watching ESB :))

I know what you mean by the string elevators now... I think I got it figured out though. It's coming along, but it is certainly one of the most challenging sets we've done (and we've put together the big Hogwarts castles, etc.) Part of the problem is simply that I have trouble telling the difference between light gray, dark gray, and black bricks in the instructions, and there are a LOT of all of these colors. Also, while most LEGO sets have you assemble them bag-by-bag, with the Death Star each step may have 5 or 6 bags of bricks, which can make finding the pieces you need a little tricky.

It's not too bad though, and it's impressively large even incomplete. We just opened the second box last night (while watching ESB :))
Yeah, I actually prefer that.
Digging through the pieces to find exactly the right one is part of the fun for me. :D

Have they done chromed Threepio?

EDIT: nevermind they did one as an exclusive thing and the aftermarket prices are obscene.

They seem to love helping flippers with exclusive one-of-kind minifigures, like the SDCC superheroes.

Last edited:
Have they done chromed Threepio?

EDIT: nevermind they did one as an exclusive thing and the aftermarket prices are obscene.

They seem to love helping flippers with exclusive one-of-kind minifigures, like the SDCC superheroes.

That is by far Lego's biggest problem right now IMO. Insane exclusives. I mean TOY FAIR ones? The event the PUBLIC isn't allowed in to? :cuckoo:

Is Jabbas Palace worth it?

I like the figs and the subject matter but it looks so smll, as in there doesn't look to be much room for the minifigures in the set.

I'd want to put Lando and Luke and Boba and others but it doesn't look big enough

Is Jabbas Palace worth it?

I like the figs and the subject matter but it looks so smll, as in there doesn't look to be much room for the minifigures in the set.

I'd want to put Lando and Luke and Boba and others but it doesn't look big enough

I posted a few pages back where a non-star wars set with DOUBLE the amount of pieces is the same prices as the Jabba set. So I would say no, its not worth it at full MSRP. I'm waiting for it to go under $100 before I pull the trigger. Need it for the Rancor pit :drool

We're only about 1/3 of the way done (if that) but I'm already very impressed by the Death Star. It's crammed with play features and has a nice presence that most lego sets don't have. And it should be pretty satisfying to finally get it put together.

Back