LEGO Star Wars

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The wedding was amazing and we went to Disney World and stayed at the Grand Floridian! We got treated amazingly, it was an amazing experience!

Very cool! You didn't have the wedding there as well, did you?
We initially wanted to have our wedding and honeymoon there. Dang expensive, but something I imagine you don't forget.

My mom is much more Japanese looking and that'd be a coach bag on her shoulder. :lol

:lol:yess::clap

The instructions and box might need a little longer though... They still stink.

:(

Was this from ebay or somewhere else?

I wondered about the extra pieces thing... I know I didn't miss any, but every set has like 2 or 3 extra bits. Which is kind of funny to have extra yet I've never had a single piece missing.

Thanks, I was worried with the extra pieces!

The wedding was amazing and we went to Disney World and stayed at the Grand Floridian! We got treated amazingly, it was an amazing experience!

Awesome!

Yea we went to Disney for our Honeymoon and we also had an amazing experience. We wore the honeymoon pins every day there and everyone was super friendly and congratulating us. We also got a lot of free food out of it.

Sweet, half off isn't too bad for some stinky pieces. And really once you've built it you can always toss the instructions if they never air out completely.

I was looking at the newest catalog the other day. Notice Jabba's Palace has 700ish pieces at $120. I saw on another page they have a Kingdom's Joust set with 1,500ish pieces for $120. WTF!?!? The Joust has over twice the amount of pieces and is the same price as Jabba's Palace? That just shows how freaking overpriced the Star Wars sets have gotten. The 10 cent rule says this should only be around $70. $50 difference is even high for a TRU style mark up :lol Let alone the $150 or whatever THEY are actually asking, which is like twice what is should be worth :lol

I know my money always stays in Vegas.:monkey2

:lol:yess:

:monkey2

I was looking at the newest catalog the other day. Notice Jabba's Palace has 700ish pieces at $120. I saw on another page they have a Kingdom's Joust set with 1,500ish pieces for $120. WTF!?!? The Joust has over twice the amount of pieces and is the same price as Jabba's Palace? That just shows how freaking overpriced the Star Wars sets have gotten. The 10 cent rule says this should only be around $70. $50 difference is even high for a TRU style mark up :lol Let alone the $150 or whatever THEY are actually asking, which is like twice what is should be worth :lol

I'm sure LFL gets their share, but I wouldn't doubt if we're paying Lego for some of that Joust set to exist. :lol

No doubt, it's greedy on their part.

I'm looking to get their upcoming UCS B-Wing, which has 1,487 pieces. This thing should not cost more than $150 USD. LEGO is charging $199.99 for it.

I won't be getting it. Not now. :mad:

Its the licensing. The higher cost is the main reason I stopped collecting the licensed sets. Its just not worth it to me. Not enough brick for the money.

As mentioned there's the licensing cost, true. But the Joust set also doesn't have any new pieces. Think of it as a Hasbro or SSC repaint - all the tooling is there, they just need to paint it all a different color. Meanwhile, as I mentioned before, Jabba's Palace comes with seven new figures, most of which with new pieces. And alot of these SW pieces will only ever be seen in SW sets, whereas the Joust pieces can be used in future Castle or LOTR sets.

It definitely sucks, but it's sets like Jabba's Palace which make me go looking for sales. I'm sure I'll get it eventually, but not at full price.

OMG! They connect together! :rock

9516-lego-jabba-palace-rancor-pit.jpg

Back