LEGO Star Wars

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its the licensing. The higher cost is the main reason I stopped collecting the licensed sets. Its just not worth it to me. Not enough brick for the money.

Yeah, I get that, but you literaly get HALF of what you're paying for in that Joust set! HALF! Licensing and new parts can't justify that. I mean HT is giving us TWO full Luke figures for $300 and they are leasing the license from Sideshow who is leasing it from Hasbro who bought it from Lucasfilm. So tell me how they can give us a good deal dealing with two mark ups on the original license and Lego, buying the license direct, can't? :pfft:

TRU has a "buy two get one free" sale on Legos (and other things) now, but given their prices I'm not sure it does anything but bring it down to the prices being charged by other places. For example, you can get the Tie Fighter for $41 and change on Amazon right now. TRU charges $59.99 (plus tax), so if you got 3 for this deal (hypothetically speaking), that would still make them $40 apiece. Unfortunately, none of the "hard to find" items like the death star are eligible.

OMG! They connect together! :rock

9516-lego-jabba-palace-rancor-pit.jpg

Thats a pretty slick setup. :clap

Went ahead and picked up the Landspeeder this weekend... I was leaning more towards the Escape Pod (as I needed a C-3PO) but for only $5 more I decided to go with a vehicle I'd actually display even if 3 of the 5 characters were redundant.

lego_hoth_battle.jpg

Not the best picture, but my son and I got our legos together for a Hoth battle after finishing the Echo Base. According to my son, there's a whole civilization of "good wampas" living on Hoth and they joined up with the rebellion against the empire...

I see now that we have a distinct lack of AT-ATs and AT-STs. I guess I'm out of luck for the moment unless I want to pay ebay prices, huh?

So the original set is just the building on the bottom right... but the new set is designed to to underneath of it? That is really a pretty cool.

lego_hoth_battle.jpg

Not the best picture, but my son and I got our legos together for a Hoth battle after finishing the Echo Base. According to my son, there's a whole civilization of "good wampas" living on Hoth and they joined up with the rebellion against the empire...

I see now that we have a distinct lack of AT-ATs and AT-STs. I guess I'm out of luck for the moment unless I want to pay ebay prices, huh?

"Rejoice, the good Wampas are coming to save us..."

Yeah, doesn't sound quite right. :wink1:

Y-Wing looks hella badass in that shot.

Great setup. I hope that is not the case as we are missing the AT-AT or AT-ST too and I hoping they reappear. I had to choose between the AT-AT and the Roller Tank, so the Roller Tank won out. Considering my son loves playing with it I think I made the right choice.

I might have an extra AT-AT around here somewhere.

That would be great!

We opened up the Death Star today. It's quite impressive just in terms of the sheer number of pieces. There are four sub-boxes inside the main box, and the instructions are around 260 pages long. Love that they're spiral bound. :D

lego_death_star_box.jpg

We had fun putting together all the minifigs.

lego_death_star_minifigs.jpg

That would be great!

We opened up the Death Star today. It's quite impressive just in terms of the sheer number of pieces. There are four sub-boxes inside the main box, and the instructions are around 260 pages long. Love that they're spiral bound. :D

lego_death_star_box.jpg

We had fun putting together all the minifigs.

lego_death_star_minifigs.jpg

All ways wanted that death star, but have never had the room. How much did that cost you and any Process Pics???

All ways wanted that death star, but have never had the room. How much did that cost you and any Process Pics???

It's normally $400, but it was 10% off and I also had some Amazon credit, so it worked out to more like $250. I'm trying to take some step-by-step photos as we build. We're still only up to about page 20 out of 260 (!).

That CN special looks great! Hopefully they release it to BR with a minifig again!
Thanks for posting Waller!

icruise-I ended up getting that Amazon deal as well, except I'll be waiting until Christmas to open it, so thank you in advance for posting any pics!
Did you say 260 pages, though? :panic::horror:lol

Back