LEGO Star Wars

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I know that the BrickCon is going on next week, October 4-7, at the Seattle Center and the LEGO stores do a big discount the entire weekend for all registered attendees. But what is this "Bricktober" you speak of?

No, but I do have a ton.

Hey there Deak, saw your pix on Flickr, great job. I've had a slight wilting issue with my UCS Star Destroyer and I saw that you added some extra support to the front of yours, they look good. I was wondering if you did that because you were having the same issue? Did you use some sort of template for the support struts or did you just wing it?

Hey there Deak, saw your pix on Flickr, great job. I've had a slight wilting issue with my UCS Star Destroyer and I saw that you added some extra support to the front of yours, they look good. I was wondering if you did that because you were having the same issue? Did you use some sort of template for the support struts or did you just wing it?

That is very perceptive of you Astro666, that indeed is a slight mod to the model itself. They key is to literally build the structure (technic frame) upside down. This will help take some of the stress of the weight off the frame due to everything else being attached to it. And yes I did build an additional stand at the tail end of the opening at the bottom of the Star Destroyer itself. But I cannot take credit; this is all found on Brickshelf. I've had my ISD on display for a few years now and have had no issues myself. I'll include some links below, hope this helps. :wave

UCS ISD Forward Support Click on the ISD pics.

UCS ISD mod

Well I know that the BrickCon is going on next week, October 4-7, at the Seattle Center and the LEGO stores do a big discount the entire weekend for all registered attendees. But what is this "Bricktober" you speak of?

This....just released today! :woo

Toys R Us Bricktober details
Shopping news (USA) Posted by Huw, 26 Sep 2012 10:39
This news is hot off the press: the LEGO community team sent it out just 5 minutes ago...

October is right around the corner and that means it’s once again time to celebrate 'Bricktober' at participating Toys 'R' Us Stores.

This year, the 'exclusive' gift-with-purchases will be the Vintage Minifig collections, volumes 1 to 4. It's interesting that that should be the case given some of them are now 5 years old. I wonder if it's a new production run, or a means of getting rid of surplus stock. I don't know what the qualifying purchase threshold is, but more details will be available nearer the time at ToysRUs.com, I suspect.

There will be two events going on as well:

- On Saturday October 20 there will be a LEGO Creationary challenge
- Of more interest to us, on Saturday October 27 you'll receive a free Monster Fighters accessory pack, 5000644, the one that was given away at an event in Canada last month. See the poster, left, for more details.

Update: it appears from the comments that there are some differences between the minifig packs and the originals linked to above, so I've added the picture LEGO provided so you can compare them yourself.

https://www.brickset.com/news/article/?ID=4313

That is very perceptive of you Astro666, that indeed is a slight mod to the model itself. They key is to literally build the structure (technic frame) upside down. This will help take some of the stress of the weight off the frame due to everything else being attached to it. And yes I did build an additional stand at the tail end of the opening at the bottom of the Star Destroyer itself. But I cannot take credit; this is all found on Brickshelf. I've had my ISD on display for a few years now and have had no issues myself. I'll include some links below, hope this helps. :wave

UCS ISD Forward Support Click on the ISD pics.

UCS ISD mod

Thanks for the info and the links Deak. I may try to build some sort of extra support stand of some sort at some point. To be honest, I've had the ISD for years and I've never had a problem with it but I just noticed a little wilting and seeing the pix of yours reminded of that. Thanks again for the info, take care.

I can check when I get home, if you like. Moving along, I really want one of these chess sets...

lego-star-wars-hoth-chess-1.jpg

lego-star-wars-hoth-chess-2.jpg

lego-star-wars-hoth-chess-3.jpg

Wow, what the? You can say that on here? :lol For serious though, I have no idea how tall Jabba's palace is because it's fake.

I thought someone mentioned it before... Poop. Thinking about picking it up today. Either that or I order the Imperial Transport... I was looking at the DS and Exectutor but I'm not sure if I can justify that kind of coin on Lego.

Back