LEON THE PROFESSIONAL - Enterbay

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congrats to all who got their Leon! I'm seriously considering getting this figure but I have a question to all the owners. How do the paint apps compare to HT?

Congrats to all who got their Leon! I'm seriously considering getting this figure but I have a question to all the owners. How do the paint apps compare to HT?

I think Paint apps are on par if not better than Hot Toys for this particular figure. The thing i like about Enterbay is that they try to convey every blemish and imperfection to a likeness. For example on this particular figure they have captured the small veins on Reno's forehead and the mark on his right cheek. it's those subtle differences that make Enterbay's sculpts stand out more for me.

I have been seriously considering quitting this hobby all together. Times are tough for me and I can't justify the climbing prices of these toys anymore. However Leon is one of my favorite films of all time. More than that, I am deeply moved by the character. This is a figure I never thought would happen and always wished would. In fact, if this was released a year or so ago, I would already have him bought and paid for. Today I am just conflicted. I already plan to come out of toy retirement for the Hot Toys 89' Batman stuff next year. Plus I don't own anything from Enterbay, so I'm unsure of the in-hand quality. I don't want to hesitate too long and miss out, but at the same time I was just starting to feel free of this hobby. Given the information I've just provided, what would some of you suggest I do?

Well you're not quitting if you're getting the 89 line, so I'd just throw that mentality out the window. If Leon is an all time fave for you, then sell off something from your collection that is not to soften the blow on acquiring Leon.

I have been seriously considering quitting this hobby all together. Times are tough for me and I can't justify the climbing prices of these toys anymore. However Leon is one of my favorite films of all time. More than that, I am deeply moved by the character. This is a figure I never thought would happen and always wished would. In fact, if this was released a year or so ago, I would already have him bought and paid for. Today I am just conflicted. I already plan to come out of toy retirement for the Hot Toys 89' Batman stuff next year. Plus I don't own anything from Enterbay, so I'm unsure of the in-hand quality. I don't want to hesitate too long and miss out, but at the same time I was just starting to feel free of this hobby. Given the information I've just provided, what would some of you suggest I do?

If you love the film and character, then this is a must buy for you.

I think Paint apps are on par if not better than Hot Toys for this particular figure. The thing i like about Enterbay is that they try to convey every blemish and imperfection to a likeness. For example on this particular figure they have captured the small veins on Reno's forehead and the mark on his right cheek. it's those subtle differences that make Enterbay's sculpts stand out more for me.

Thanks! A phenomenal sculpt can be ruined by sub par paint apps. I'm glad that this figure at least matches HT.

Thanks! A phenomenal sculpt can be ruined by sub par paint apps. I'm glad that this figure at least matches HT.

The only thing i will say about Enterbay is that their sculpts never photograph as well as Hot Toys so it's very hard to truely judge an Enterbay piece unless you have it in hand...It's a tricky one sometimes...

Leon+Part+1+-+Box+Art.jpg

Leon+Part+2+-+Body.jpg

Leon+Part+3+-+More+body.jpg

Leon+Part+4+-+Weapon.jpg

Leon+Part+5+-+More+weapon.jpg

Lean+Part+6+-+Plant.jpg

Part 1: Box Art and Accessories

Part 2: Jeon Reno

Part 3: The Professional

Part 4: Weapon

Part 5: Weapon ... more

Part 6: The Plant

Are you guys getting this figure on ebay or online stores? I only saw this available for pre-order on vikingplayground and bigbadtoystore.

I think Toys2.net has it aswell. Though they only ever put Hot Toys figures on the front page so you'd have to do a search for it.

Well you're not quitting if you're getting the 89 line, so I'd just throw that mentality out the window. If Leon is an all time fave for you, then sell off something from your collection that is not to soften the blow on acquiring Leon.

:exactly: If Leon is one of your all time fav's then this has to be a must buy for you. I doubt EB will make another & I can't see HT making this either with there DC, Marvel, Depp addiction & with Star Wars under there name now there going to be real busy. I can see this being real expensive once it becomes only available to the flippers on eBay.

I'm in California

Well, toys2 may be expensive but they are extremely reliable and always get their stock weeks before other stores...plus they are most likely getting the Leon with the fire axe exclusive to Asia (which BBTS and Vikings Playground most likely won't)

Well, toys2 may be expensive but they are extremely reliable and always get their stock weeks before other stores...plus they are most likely getting the Leon with the fire axe exclusive to Asia (which BBTS and Vikings Playground most likely won't)

thats true,those guys are fast

The axe is not listed in toys2. From what I understand it's a direct store preorder exclusive, which means that even if you were to walk into Enterbay in HK now, you would still not get the axe unless you preordered from them in the beginning.

Don't hesitate to PO this one cause there's a big chance this will be the only high-end 1/6th licensed Leon figure we'll get. :monkey1

Back