LOST Sawyer hs Commission- by NEKRomantik (Buy now-Pay later)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Moderate news, everyone: it has been reported that one of the heads sent to the LA area has arrived! So I expect the heads sent directly to me to follow shortly.

Obviously, everyone who raised their hands for the early bird special gets the discount and on the practical side, which I was holding close to the vest, I have been out of town on family business (I was having my gf check the mail for me) since last Thursday. But I am back and back to work! I hope to have pictures to share, well, I don't want to get anyone's hopes up and I don't want to show too early so let's just say hopefully soon. :wink1:

Thanks Brent! Can't wait sir!!!!!!

Check out the LOST custom thread superdoug. The first post has all the announced head sculpts. :)

Thanks. I can't wait for all of the ones listed. Locke, Sawyer, Juliet, Desmond, Ben and Jack are a great start and even if that's as far as it goes it'll still be a good core group for Lost.

A little bird told me Hurley and Kate might join the party as well... ;)

:goodpost:

Fantastic! I've been somewhat quietly working on getting things together for Hurley... Just waiting for the body so I can decide on what route to go to make it fat. :hi5:

Lol! I wonder what birdie told you that? Dirty Birdie! :lol

b4b7cf7c8a3419a7b2167552c95680e1.jpg

Awesome news! Sayid anyone?

If someone made him I'd grab him. He's not one of my fave characters (he started out being pretty B.A, but then they neutered him after he got off the island) but he is part of the core group. But there are others I'd like to see before him. (FARADAY!!!)

There's probably no one I wouldn't pick up -- maybe Michael, I can't stand that guy -- so for me, any sculpt is pretty much a buy. I picked Hurley because he's probably one of my top 5 favorite characters after Juliet, Sawyer, Locke, and Ben. Since Ben was taken I chose Hurley.

Jack and Desmond are also taken (which would've been my next picks), so I picked Kate -- even though I didn't always care for her, she was someone I always rooted for -- I just wanted her to be better than she was. I always joke that she's like your favorite cousin that just keeps messing things up and you're like 'Come on, Kate!' :lol

But, things could change... so I wouln't go out and buy anything just yet! :)

Kate -- even though I didn't always care for her, she was someone I always rooted for -- I just wanted her to be better than she was. I always joke that she's like your favorite cousin that just keeps messing things up and you're like 'Come on, Kate!' :lol

That's a good sum up. Kind of goes for Jack for me too. I guess that's why I liked Juliet and Desmond's characters more they seemed a little more determined and not as wishywashy.

But, things could change... so I wouln't go out and buy anything just yet! :)

Too late as far as Hurley stuff, I'll hold off on Kate... hopefully the Triad Eva body will be out by then! lol

Like I said in the Juliet thread, I'll keep you posted on my 'fat body' stuff for Hurley. The more I think of it, the more I'm deciding against sculpting onto the body. I think it'll be too difficult with all the torso articulation. I think a fat suit is the way to go.

Yeah, we were talking about that on the LOST customs thread. As I said, likeness is good but after seeing Locke, Sawyer and Juliet I´m looking for perfection :lol

Still no news. :mad::tap:gah::dunno:chillpill:

On the positive side I should have my first painted Sawyer to show by the end of the weekend! I'm working on getting the hair color just so and then its the small matter of bringing life to the eyes.

In a way, we're still on schedule, believe it or not. I always knew that the smart way to approach this project would be to paint up a prototype head first. That way I could get to know the sculpt and figure out what the possibilities are. That way, also, once it's shown, people could chime in if they want him scruffyer or less scruffy or more sunburnt or a straight copy or whatever. So while I am frustrated that I'm going to have a lot of priming and undercoating to do all once instead of stretching it out during the painting of the first head, I'm not (at this point) too upset about the timing. Anxious, yes -- but I am always anxious about things in the mail.

I managed to get hold of one of those Saturday Toys tan prison coveralls and now I can present:

Jim Lafleur, Dharma head of security

lafleur-06.jpg

lafleur-03.jpg

lafleur-05.jpg

lafleur-02.jpg

lafleur-01.jpg

lafleur-04.jpg

Back