1/6 Luke Skywalker and Han Solo in Stormtrooper Disguise Set SDCC Exclusive

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Luke Skywalker and Han Solo in Stormtrooper Disguise Set Good Luck Non-Attendees!

bmarz, this is actually a good suggestion if you can look past being annoyed by nam. :lol

Edit: If you're looking to switch up your display by cutting cost and corners, save the money, buy two Stormtroopers and two HT lower neck adaptors, and swap out your Smuggler Han and Moisture Farmer Luke heads with two Stormtroopers. It's cheaper that way and it's no different than what you're recommending anyway.

Re: Luke Skywalker and Han Solo in Stormtrooper Disguise Set Good Luck Non-Attendees!

You must have me confused with someone else. I never once criticized Sideshow's pricing OR business practices pertaining to the SDCC Exclusives. I totally "get it" and I don't blame them for anything as they've done nothing wrong. Do me a favor though and don't tell me how to spend my money or call me cheap. It's rude and uncalled for. Thanks.

That "you" was pointed at those who are still whining about Sideshow not catering to them by producing a product that would inhibit sales of a product that's still available. If you're not part of that equation, then don't worry. However, I find your stating a company should pander to those looking to cut corners and costs by hindering sales of their own product quite the contrary to your above statement. Remember, the "especially in this economy" remark goes for both consumer AND manufacturer. ;)

bmarz, this is actually a good suggestion if you can look past being annoyed by nam.

I dig it. It's definitely a good suggestion but is it THAT much cheaper (there's that word again)? ;)

I had no intention of buying extra Stormie heads (which I knew would be expensive). I was just gonna stuff some foam in there and ultimately buy a regular Stormie. Also, I like these sculpts and the different belt is pretty cool. Who knows? Like I said before "it's no big deal".

However, I find your stating a company should pander to those looking to cut corners and costs by hindering sales of their own product quite the contrary to your above statement.

When did I say this?

Last edited:

I dig it. It's definitely a good suggestion but is it THAT much cheaper (there's that word again) ;)

I had no intention of buying extra Stormie heads (which I knew would be expensive). I was just gonna stuff some foam in there and ultimately buy a regular Stormie. Also, I like these sculpts and the different belt is pretty cool. Who knows? Like I said before "it's no big deal".

When did I say this?

It was more the defensive tone of your replying post to my reply to the freak who was disappointed that Sideshow didn't include the wearable helmets so that he could use them in place of Stormtroopers. Perhaps I should've worded "stating" better as "inferring:"

:lecture

Personally, I wouldn't throw around words like "cheap" and "meiser" (especially in this economy). I don't have a lot of money for collectibles anymore. I don't own the Stormtrooper (let alone, two). I like the Han and Luke disguise feature. In purchasing these, I figured I could have the best of both worlds considering the only difference is popping on a helmet. Nothing wrong with that. And are you SURE that people would have bought TWO Stormtroopers if they had known these were coming out? Me neither.

To me it's an entitlement generation issue that I felt you were defending. There's absolutely no way to justify or intelligently defend telling a company that they should spend more money and cut into their costs/profits to satisfy an individual's lack of desire to spend money on their products. You don't like it, don't buy it.

Last edited:

Excellent.

Now then-- Back to the discussion at hand. Anyone have a 1/6 Trash Compactor in the works?:D

Excellent.

Now then-- Back to the discussion at hand. Anyone have a 1/6 Trash Compactor in the works?:D

Don't even get me started on the lack of a "wet-hair" Luke portrait! ;):naughty

Sorry for the necropost...

I've got some purple staining that just appeared on Luke's shin armor... I assume its from the body suit. Are their any fixes for this, or is this a irreversible damage?

I've got some purple staining that just appeared on Luke's shin armor... I assume its from the body suit. Are their any fixes for this, or is this a irreversible damage?

Uh oh.... I'll check mine when I get home. :(

Pics or it more than likely happened.

I have two sets, so I'll check them all out... I didn't notice a thing when I was moving them the other day though...

Correction... it was actually the right thigh armor on Luke; not the shin.

I'll try to snap a pic later on today :duff

Guys, I'm late in the game wth SSC Star Wars. I'm looking at getting Luke Skywalker and Han Solo in Stormtrooper Disguise. How much is the set worth loose or new? If any of you want to sell yours, let me know. Thanks.

I haven't checked lately on their value but I will say that they are some of the nicest original trilogy figures in sideshow's collection. The likenesses for Luke and Han are definitely the best out there.

They make great Stormtrooper because of the glossy armour and that's why I want them. Anyone who have a loose or new set for sale?

i just sold my set before Xmas to a great guy on here.
As i needed the cash to pay off some of my misses debts these guys went easy...and at $250 bills and minty....was a good buy.

i too will be looking to get these figures back asap too...

Yes they are great, you sould get them.

I'm verry happy with mine I got from the US, the shiny aspect of the white armour is "hero looking", which is very good.

there is a couple of these for retail in a comic shop in my town. exclusives stick around forever here.

Back