1/6 Luke Skywalker and Han Solo in Stormtrooper Disguise Set SDCC Exclusive

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Luke Skywalker and Han Solo in Stormtrooper Disguise Set Good Luck Non-Attendees!

No doubt about that. The expressions on their faces are straight out of the control room scene. :lol Beautiful.

Re: Luke Skywalker and Han Solo in Stormtrooper Disguise Set Good Luck Non-Attendees!

I disagree-- I'd never pose them with their helmets on-- cause then they'd just be two more Stormtroopers. To include the inside of the helmets is genius and a really unique feature.

Also, I hate to sound like a broken record (you youngings look up what a record is) but the two head sculpts look phenomenal and really capture the characters.

Agreed. But for those of us who don't own the Stormtrooper yet (and would love to have two to flank Vader) it would be great to have functional helmets. I like the idea of the packing foam to make them wearable if so desired. It's the best of both worlds!

Agreed. But for those of us who don't own the Stormtrooper yet (and would love to have two to flank Vader) it would be great to have functional helmets. I like the idea of the packing foam to make them wearable if so desired. It's the best of both worlds!

So why not buy two heads of ebay, does not matter of who as long as they fit the neck post. File them down so they fit the mask. Pop of Han and Luke's head and there you go, another solution instead of foam

So why not buy two heads of ebay, does not matter of who as long as they fit the neck post. File them down so they fit the mask. Pop of Han and Luke's head and there you go, another solution instead of foam

Figured foams cheaper! (Well free for me, as I've got loads of old packaging laying around) and easier.

But yep, other heads would do the job.

Thinks... Cheap foam based solution to Luke's height issues... Hmmm, trickier!

Foam isn't a bad idea - I thought of that myself.

Strange to me how some folks don't understand why someone might want to change up their display from scene specific Han & Luke to maybe two Stormies flanking Vader.

Strange to me how some folks don't understand why someone might want to change up their display from scene specific Han & Luke to maybe two Stormies flanking Vader.

Seems to me like some folks just aren't cheap and have already purchased a couple of stormtroopers to flank Vader. If you want to save money, buy two Stormtroopers. These are Han and Luke in Stormtrooper disguise and meant to be that, not replacement stunt troopers for meisers.

Clearly Sideshow would prefer that folks bought stormtroopers if they want to display stormtroopers, not buy Han and Luke which can be displayed as stormtroopers. It would cut into their profits.

I find it funny that the POs have come and gone and this is still a sore point for collectors. Will this thread spark up again in 66 days when they are in hand? At this point isn't sort of "oh well move on" kind of thing especially with a 3 minute sell out for Non-Attendees it obviously didn't bother the masses...

ok, so....... for those of us who actually collect because we love it, and for those non attendees that werent lucky enough to be near a computer at the time of sale (especially internationals), or couldnt get on the damn website in that small 3 minute sell out window, id like to know what the hell these ebay sellers are thinking when they put these figures on there for $400!!! Thats more then a PF! Seriously,...... no seriously!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :emperor:emperor:emperor

Cos the regular troopers are still available ?

ok, so....... for those of us who actually collect because we love it, and for those non attendees that werent lucky enough to be near a computer at the time of sale (especially internationals), or couldnt get on the damn website in that small 3 minute sell out window, id like to know what the hell these ebay sellers are thinking when they put these figures on there for $400!!! Thats more then a PF! Seriously,...... no seriously!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :emperor:emperor:emperor

I've never yet had a Sideshow SDCC not convert from waitlist. Wait it out. At worst international stores do get an alotment so you should be able to pick it up from overseas - even with international shipping it will be cheaper than that.

So glad I got them on the PPO - Forbidden Planet in the UK havent got these listed on their site which is where I've been able to order every SDCC exclusive from in the past.

I dont see what all the fuss is about re: the helmets not fitting of the head sculpts. Surely it can't be that difficult to improvise a way for the helmets to fit onto the neck post?

Only a nut would pay that much. Believe me you will have no trouble tracking these down at cost or below later on. Jump on the wait list I'm sure it'll convert.

Yea they are definitely seeking the desperate on these autcions :horror

Seems to me like some folks just aren't cheap and have already purchased a couple of stormtroopers to flank Vader. If you want to save money, buy two Stormtroopers. These are Han and Luke in Stormtrooper disguise and meant to be that, not replacement stunt troopers for meisers.
:lecture

Personally, I wouldn't throw around words like "cheap" and "meiser" (especially in this economy). I don't have a lot of money for collectibles anymore. I don't own the Stormtrooper (let alone, two). I like the Han and Luke disguise feature. In purchasing these, I figured I could have the best of both worlds considering the only difference is popping on a helmet. Nothing wrong with that. And are you SURE that people would have bought TWO Stormtroopers if they had known these were coming out? Me neither.

I am pretty sure that on most people's list of priority they would put plain stormies above the Han and Luke variant. I am quite confident in stating this. Maybe if someone wants to start a poll?

:lecture

Personally, I wouldn't throw around words like "cheap" and "meiser" (especially in this economy). I don't have a lot of money for collectibles anymore. I don't own the Stormtrooper (let alone, two). I like the Han and Luke disguise feature. In purchasing these, I figured I could have the best of both worlds considering the only difference is popping on a helmet. Nothing wrong with that. And are you SURE that people would have bought TWO Stormtroopers if they had known these were coming out? Me neither.

I bought four, two for my imperial display, and two that I turned into Han and Luke in disguise before we even had a clue about Sideshow's SDCC announcement. Those two have since been converted back into stormtroopers since these have been announced.

I guess the bottom line is this. Don't blame a company because they don't produce items that are cost prohibitive, "especially in this economy." If Sideshow doesn't make money on the Star Wars 1:6, they'll likely drop the license. They did it with LOTR, Bond and the New Line Horror. I don't know about you but I'm not happy with the Mezco new line figures. They're BARELY poseable and don't come near the quality of Sideshow's Horror releases. And that's likely what you'd get if Sideshow dropped 1:6 Star Wars. Either that or back to Hasbro. Or hey, maybe HT then we'll have the luxury of listening to you all whine about Star Wars 1:6 pricing you out of collecting entirely. :rolleyes: Why would a company release items that would knowingly hurt the sale of their other items just to appeal to those too cheap and looking to cut corners?! I'll use "cheap" and "meiser" because that's exactly what it is. If you don't have the money to spend on stormtroopers, you sure as hell shouldn't be buying these guys. Right?! Sideshow made the right choice. Their choice is smart business. If you want the opportunity to make them into stormtroopers because you're too "cheap" to buy the regular ones and like cutting corners, go to TA and buy two loose stormtrooper helmets. They'll cost you about $57 shipped which is arguably what this duo would've been marked up by with that option included.

Edit: If you're looking to switch up your display by cutting cost and corners, save the money, buy two Stormtroopers and two HT lower neck adaptors, and swap out your Smuggler Han and Moisture Farmer Luke heads with two Stormtroopers. It's cheaper that way and it's no different than what you're recommending anyway.

Last edited:

I am pretty sure that on most people's list of priority they would put plain stormies above the Han and Luke variant. I am quite confident in stating this. Maybe if someone wants to start a poll?

I'm sure you're right. In my case, I don't already own the Stormie so it made sense to ME to buy the Luke/Han variant and pop some helmets on them if I felt the urge. No big deal.

I bought four, two for my imperial display, and two that I turned into Han and Luke in disguise before we even had a clue about Sideshow's SDCC announcement. Those two have since been converted back into stormtroopers since these have been announced.

I guess the bottom line is this. Don't blame a company because they don't produce items that are cost prohibitive. Especially in "this economy." If Sideshow doesn't make money on the Star Wars 1:6, they'll likely drop the license. They did it with LOTR, Bond and the New Line Horror. I don't know about you but I'm not happy with the Mezco new line figures. They're BARELY poseable and don't come near the quality of Sideshow's Horror releases. And that's likely what you'd get if Sideshow dropped 1:6 Star Wars. Either that or back to Hasbro. Or hey, maybe HT then we'll have the luxury of listening to you all whine about Star Wars 1:6 pricing you out of collecting entirely. :rolleyes: Why would a company release items that would knowingly hurt the sale of their other items just to appeal to those too cheap and looking to cut corners?! I'll use "cheap" and "meiser" because that's exactly what it is. If you don't have the money to spend on stormtroopers, you sure as hell shouldn't be buying these guys. Right?! Sideshow made the right choice. Their choice is smart business. If you want the opportunity to make them into stormtroopers because you're too "cheap" to buy the regular ones and like cutting corners, go to TA and buy two loose stormtrooper helmets. They'll cost you about $57 shipped which is arguably what this duo would've been marked up by with that option included.

You must have me confused with someone else. I never once criticized Sideshow's pricing OR business practices pertaining to the SDCC Exclusives. I totally "get it" and I don't blame them for anything as they've done nothing wrong. Do me a favor though and don't tell me how to spend my money or call me cheap. It's rude and uncalled for. Thanks.

Back