1/6 Luke Skywalker: Red Five X-Wing Pilot Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The discusion over the highest price is never endet :wink1:
Is there a official answer in this time from Sideshow over this ****storm?
I have checked facebook and other communities and I have not found this. :dunno

This is also my opinion, the price is save and Sideshow will not change this.
Bought the figure anyway.

Those who buy to buy either have money to burn or are overconfident in the final product. Sideshow has never shown they can deliver production of comparable quality to the prototype. Even so, for a barebones release, HT wouldn't even charge $240 for this.

Those who buy to buy either have money to burn or are overconfident in the final product. Sideshow has never shown they can deliver production of comparable quality to the prototype. Even so, for a barebones release, HT wouldn't even charge $240 for this.

Ok my outing, I have buy the Luke. :exactly:
I have pay a piece from the price over reward points.
So was the Price normal for this figure.
The quality, we must see the new release, when the Hoth Luke and Han are great, than I see not problems with the Luke X-Wing. :pray:

The discusion over the highest price is never endet :wink1:
Is there a official answer in this time from Sideshow over this ****storm?
I have checked facebook and other communities and I have not found this. :dunno

There was a SSC leak that showed this figure had landed eight pre-orders since it went up.

SSC will be notifying those people the price will go up to cover the shortfall; apparently $1,240 each, edition size will be 15.

Due to the very simple nature of the figure, the $20k will be mostly profit, so SSC still comes out ahead.:yess:

In all seriousness, couldn't Sideshow just cancel this figure if the pre-orders don't add up? Other than a few protos and R&D cash spent, they could bail out and choose to not have a warehouse full of non selling Lukes down the road ,no? That would be a shame because I truly want this, I just can't justify the price. Can this truly be in production already?

See, I think HT would charge $240 for this, but you'd get a crapload of extra stuff along with him, much like the Bespin Luke.

They should have at least matched the HT Han in both price and useless sets of extra hands, then maybe throw in a light saber and a Kenner blaster cause why not. Or...they should have included only one set of hands, one of them giving the middle finger, made the helmet the exclusive, and charged $10 more than Chewie.

attachment.php

image_zps4b05229e.jpg

attachment.php

bigeyes.jpg

Thank you!!! :lol Christmas came early, you brought lots of joy to this little boy :rotfl I gotta screen shot this and look at it if I ever feel blue again.

Its so refreshing to read comments like this, but I got in trouble for being too negative in another thread :( but seriously why does SS wait until 2015 to try and compete with HT's? if that really is the reason to raise prices, I for one will be shocked if this turns out exactly like the prototype, I can be proud of SS again, but then I just look at the Proto of Nathan Drake and just cry :monkey2 <------ this monkey even has red eyes like Drake

In all seriousness, couldn't Sideshow just cancel this figure if the pre-orders don't add up? Other than a few protos and R&D cash spent, they could bail out and choose to not have a warehouse full of non selling Lukes down the road ,no? That would be a shame because I truly want this, I just can't justify the price. Can this truly be in production already?

My guess, they are already committed and don't kid youself, my guess the margin is large enough for them to sit on hundreds of them, that's why the "cost to produce" excuse is ********e. If they were worried about presells and overstock, they would have dropped dozens of figures long before their were made, see the Joe line

There was a SSC leak that showed this figure had landed eight pre-orders since it went up.

SSC will be notifying those people the price will go up to cover the shortfall; apparently $1,240 each, edition size will be 15.

:rotfl This is a good story :rotfl

And in one year you can buy it on ebay for 5000$ :exactly:

I was just thinking back to the early Hot toys days and how their figures looked. I remember the first major leap (and **** show) was the mms95 john connor. If you look at the previous 94 you can see a low but steady increase in likeness, texture and quality, then 95 leaped, and that was all within a couple years... Then you look at SS in even the last 7/8 years and theyve achieve so much less, they are lagging so badly, its embarrassing. They offer worse quality then even recent up and comers (asmus, art figures, etc) and demand these kinds of prices...!? :lol

Anyone who buys this is a fool, plain and simple (it is your money and your choice, but youre only hurting the future of the hobby)...

I was just thinking back to the early Hot toys days and how their figures looked. I remember the first major leap (and **** show) was the mms95 john connor. If you look at the previous 94 you can see a low but steady increase in likeness, texture and quality, then 95 leaped, and that was all within a couple years... Then you look at SS in even the last 7/8 years and theyve achieve so much less, they are lagging so badly, its embarrassing. They offer worse quality then even recent up and comers (asmus, art figures, etc) and demand these kinds of prices...!? :lol

Anyone who buys this is a fool, plain and simple (it is your money and your choice, but youre only hurting the future of the hobby)...

Why, buying this figure is downright Un-American! :flag:fireworks

:lecture

Back