1/6 Luke Skywalker: Red Five X-Wing Pilot Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For me Luke's Jedi look is still the ultimate, but this would be a very close second. It just has such a great combination of elements, with the X-Wing suit, the big snow boots and gloves, the helmet, the blaster, the lightsaber hanging from his belt...

It's probably one of the coolest outfits from the OT, and yet it never seems to get that much recognition for some reason.

Can't wait for a new Jedi luke. Still have the sideshow one but I'm planning on selling

Can't wait for a new Jedi luke. Still have the sideshow one but I'm planning on selling

That's probably my most anticipated figure. I'm sure pics don't do the original one justice but there's never been a picture that I've seen that made me think twice about pulling the trigger on one.

That's probably my most anticipated figure. I'm sure pics don't do the original one justice but there's never been a picture that I've seen that made me think twice about pulling the trigger on one.

My most anticipated as well. The original one is not great by today's standards. He has an awkward expression and the head is huge.. The body is also very slim

Jedi Luke is a must have for me as well. Although frankly at this point I'm hoping it's SS that releases a new one and not HT, since I've been less than impressed by the SW figures from HT so far.

I mean if they have trouble capturing the likeness of Alec Guinness, I'd hate to think what they'd do with someone much harder to capture like ROTJ Luke.

Yeah I probably would have ordered this if I hadn't already seen some of the MUCH cooler Snowspeeder Luke customs that are out there, and which make the X-Wing Luke look so simple and basic in comparison. Now I just want to wait and hope that one of these gets made someday.

View attachment 155843

That. Is. Amazing. That's so good I just saved it so I can look at it again whenever I want to. And I never usually do that.

I'm shocked actually that we haven't seen an SSC Endor Luke as a way to do another Jedi Luke but still keep the original intact. Especially given the Scout and the Speeder Bike offerings.

You'd also think they'd release a new Jedi Luke to go with their ROTJ Vader (since it really is just a ROTJ Vader given the lightsaber it comes with; not really sure why it's been labeled a ESB/ROTJ Vader all this time).

You'd also think they'd release a new Jedi Luke to go with their ROTJ Vader (since it really is just a ROTJ Vader given the lightsaber it comes with; not really sure why it's been labeled a ESB/ROTJ Vader all this time).

Sideshow never makes sense. Just look at the pose they chose for the ROTJ Luke PF and this new upcoming Vader one:slap

What's the big deal with Jedi Luke? He didn't have a cool helmet or cool outfit. He wore those sissy boots. He's from ROTJ which sucked. I don't understand what the big deal is with Jedi Luke and why people want a figure of him...

What's the big deal with Jedi Luke? He didn't have a cool helmet or cool outfit. He wore those sissy boots. He's from ROTJ which sucked. I don't understand what the big deal is with Jedi Luke and why people want a figure of him...

Because... the badass Jedi cloak, the badass green lightsaber, the fact he's now a Jedi and wearing all-black, the awesome skiff battle, the awesome Vader/Luke fight at the end...

I'll grant you his goofy 80s hair is a big drawback, and that vesty thing he wears for much of the movie isn't the best, but otherwise I think it's a fantastic look.

Jedi Luke represents so much more than what he looks like. He represents the completion of his journey to become a Jedi Knight and redeem his father. He represents the journey that the audience took since the farm boy and let's be honest back then his green lightsaber with copper parts was badass. It's my favorite Luke (tied with the X-Wing gear) and I can't wait to get one. I have three of the previous SSC ones (one was won as a prize). I'll probably get at least two if they come out with a new one (or HT) to go Jabba's palace and DSII.

Jedi Luke represents so much more than what he looks like. He represents the completion of his journey to become a Jedi Knight and redeem his father. He represents the journey that the audience took since the farm boy and let's be honest back then his green lightsaber with copper parts was badass. It's my favorite Luke (tied with the X-Wing gear) and I can't wait to get one. I have three of the previous SSC ones (one was won as a prize). I'll probably get at least two if they come out with a new one (or HT) to go Jabba's palace and DSII.

It represents a major eighties comb-over too.:lol

Just ordered this Luke X-Wing.:dunno I entered in the coupon code and thought it was an error that it came up as $220 after coupon.:lol

Really? Wow.

Let me see if I can explain. This is, of course, only my point of view, but it's why Jedi Luke means something to me. (The Mike hit on this a little already...I'll expand.)

Star Wars (the original trilogy at least) is about Luke. He makes the classic Hero's Journey from being the young, naive farmboy who gets his father's sword and is led to adventure by the old, mysterious wizard. ROTJ is the culmination of the character. No longer the young farmboy, Luke is now more worldly and experienced. He's been thought great challenges, learned the truth about his father (the black knight), fought him, survived, and is now stronger because of it. He is no longer a squire to a greater warrior, he is a knight. Before his journey is over, he must face the black knight again and the evil wizard who took his father away from him. However, his greatest foe is the darkness inside himself. His father succumbed to it, so Luke knows the same weakness could be in himself. Even his clothing shows it, going from white in ANH, to grey in ESB, to black in ROTJ. In the end, he shows that his will is stronger than his father, thus he is a more virtuous knight. He saves his father, who in turn saves him from the evil wizard.

I hope that helps you understand. For some people, Jedi Luke is about more than boots and helmets.

Yeah I probably would have ordered this if I hadn't already seen some of the MUCH cooler Snowspeeder Luke customs that are out there, and which make the X-Wing Luke look so simple and basic in comparison. Now I just want to wait and hope that one of these gets made someday.

View attachment 155843

That is a really awesome figure!

Skickas från min iPhone via Tapatalk

Really? Wow.

Let me see if I can explain. This is, of course, only my point of view, but it's why Jedi Luke means something to me. (The Mike hit on this a little already...I'll expand.)

Star Wars (the original trilogy at least) is about Luke. He makes the classic Hero's Journey from being the young, naive farmboy who gets his father's sword and is led to adventure by the old, mysterious wizard. ROTJ is the culmination of the character. No longer the young farmboy, Luke is now more worldly and experienced. He's been thought great challenges, learned the truth about his father (the black knight), fought him, survived, and is now stronger because of it. He is no longer a squire to a greater warrior, he is a knight. Before his journey is over, he must face the black knight again and the evil wizard who took his father away from him. However, his greatest foe is the darkness inside himself. His father succumbed to it, so Luke knows the same weakness could be in himself. Even his clothing shows it, going from white in ANH, to grey in ESB, to black in ROTJ. In the end, he shows that his will is stronger than his father, thus he is a more virtuous knight. He saves his father, who in turn saves him from the evil wizard.

I hope that helps you understand. For some people, Jedi Luke is about more than boots and helmets.

Okay, no more alcohol for this guy!

Back