1/6 Luke Skywalker: Red Five X-Wing Pilot Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah he is really lacking in cool accessories. Although to be fair there wasn't really much to that costume in the first place.

I honestly wish Sideshow had just skipped this look and gone directly for the Snowspeeder Luke instead (with perhaps the option to modify it into the more basic X-wing look if we wanted).
Even though we didn't see him with the lightsaber or blaster I think it would have been nice if Sideshow had included them with this figure just to make it not seem so bare bones. I think that along with the price are why a lot of people are turned off with this figure.

I'd include the gun but not at the expense of the gloves. That's one of their cooler exclusive, IMO.
I think they realistically could have included his weapons plus the glove holding hands. As is he doesn't come with a lot. I like the figure and may still get it but it should have included more really.

I suppose they could have included them, but to me an X-wing Luke would look a bit weird carrying a blaster or lightsaber anyway.

Although I'm drawing a blank as to what kind of accessory he WOULD look good with. I think I'd pretty much just display him holding the helmet if I ever did get this. Not much more you can really do.

I suppose they could have included them, but to me an X-wing Luke would look a bit weird carrying a blaster or lightsaber anyway.

Although I'm drawing a blank as to what kind of accessory he WOULD look good with. I think I'd pretty much just display him holding the helmet if I ever did get this. Not much more you can really do.

Apparently sideshow is going for the Battle of Yavin version at the end of ANH with the attack on the 1st Death Star which is the 1st time we saw him as Red 5 in his x-wing pilot uniform. He didn't have either his lightsaber or blaster with him, so no accessories. Now if they make a 2nd ESB version when the rebels left Hoth and he went to Dagobah then they would inculde both. Like most have said though, the lack of items makes the price a little hard to swallow. Especially since the newly announced Tie pilot is $40 less and basically has same items. So I guess the Luke portrait costs $40.... :dunno

I was about to mock this release again but then I realized I have it on P.O. now.:slap

It is a great looking figure despite it being bare bones and overpriced. I still might end up ordering him. The Hoth version is a way better value though.

Speculation of how this sculpt turns out is what is keeping me from ordering both this and the TIE pilot. Together they would look great, but I can't preorder either if the Luke sculpt ends up like there Drake figure.

Pre ordering costs nothing. I have ordered both. Hoping for the best, plus got Luke discounted $20 to help a bit. For some reason I feel this will turn out great.

luke-skywalker-dagobah.jpg

:lecture

And that's an iconic photo of Luke in this gear for those of us who grew up with the films. Yes, it was technically TESB, but there's still no good reason for this figure not to include the blaster and appropriate hand... especially for that unseemly price.

Well yeah he looks perfectly fine with a blaster in his ESB Snowspeeder costume. It's in his basic X-Wing costume from the first movie that I have a hard time picturing him with a blaster or lightsaber.

Especially since he wasn't wearing the belt and holster that went along with them.

I saw in the list of upcoming releases thread that Sideshow are apparently doing a Snowspeeder Luke sometime - is that right? Have they confirmed it?

Nothing to get too excited about. They have dozens of figures "in development". I could be the next preview or never see the light of day at that point.

Back