1/6 Luke Skywalker: Red Five X-Wing Pilot Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They have a number of product photos up on their website, if you want to see what it looks like.

This wasn't a video to "show off" the figure, just purely a promotional puff piece.

Or were you just taking the piss??

No, no, I wasn't taking the piss, for a promotional video it didn't seem to have much confidence in the product and filmed it in ways that didn't show off the whole figure. That's probably me just reading too much into it though, surely the paint job is something they'd be proud to show off, going by recent releases.

That's probably me just reading too much into it though,

JQB7k.gif

I need to cancel my Flexpay for this. According to Sideshow's website it says "Cancellation fees are not applicable until after the Flexpay payments have begun charging" but when I go to "Cancel Items" it says "Cancellation Fees Apply" next to the order I want to cancel. I have not even made the first payment yet. If I click on "Cancel Selected Orders" will I still get charged?

I tried calling them all day today. Nobody was answering phones. Just kept giving a voicemail message "Nobody is available to take your call."

Sure, someone had fun making that, and you've got to love toy adverts, which are always good fun. But that video did more to conceal Luke than reveal him; there was one shot of him under the helmet, one shot from behind of the uncovered head sculpt. You start wondering, what are they hiding?

They all Prototype figures anyway, so to me it doesn't matter if it hidden or not. Plenty of pics of the prototypes. Always more interested in the final production images.

I need to cancel my Flexpay for this. According to Sideshow's website it says "Cancellation fees are not applicable until after the Flexpay payments have begun charging" but when I go to "Cancel Items" it says "Cancellation Fees Apply" next to the order I want to cancel. I have not even made the first payment yet. If I click on "Cancel Selected Orders" will I still get charged?
I've cancelled orders I had on flex pay before and they won't charge you unless payments have started. Pretty sure that the web site just automatically puts that message there for any order on flex pay if you go to cancel.

Are there any updates on this figure?

I heard from a very reliable inside source that Sideshow are almost ready to measure Luke for his eye implants.

16760947851_305180dbcf_o.jpg

Production speed will double soon, as they'll soon have two locations for precision eye measurement.

16574545058_37966d79dd_c.jpg

:monkey1

So I was looking at the product page again for this figure and am I remembering wrong or was there not a nonrefundable deposit on it before?

No but you can't cancel from the site page, you have to call and talk to someone. Perhaps they will offer you a better price.
No I'm not looking to cancel, I was thinking of ordering since I decided to drop the Hoth figures but noticed they want a $24 nonrefundable deposit. In that case I'm holding off to see how the final product turns out before ordering. I could have sworn there wasn't a deposit needed before.

No I'm not looking to cancel, I was thinking of ordering since I decided to drop the Hoth figures but noticed they now want a $24 nonrefundable deposit. In that case I'm holding off to see how the final product turns out before ordering.

I would think there will be plenty to go around come arrival time. I never do NRD.

And when was the last time a Sideshow Star Wars figure sold out in pre-order and was unattainable upon release?

Yeah, it looks like they added a $24 NRD to this.

Can't you just go into your account and go to "Request a Payment Plan" link and cancel it? It looks like it's letting me do that on my order if I want to.

No I'm not looking to cancel, I was thinking of ordering since I decided to drop the Hoth figures but noticed they want a $24 nonrefundable deposit. In that case I'm holding off to see how the final product turns out before ordering. I could have sworn there wasn't a deposit needed before.

No there was NOT an NRD before. I ended up calling and cancelling my Flexpay for this. Sneaky they decided to add an NRD to these now. I'm done buying from Sideshow directly. It's Big Bad or Alter Ego from here on out.

Yeah, it looks like they added a $24 NRD to this.

Can't you just go into your account and go to "Request a Payment Plan" link and cancel it? It looks like it's letting me do that on my order if I want to.

Well, interestingly enough, now that "Need to cancel -- please call us" thing in green is gone, looks like you can cancel like all the others now. Two days ago you couldn't. I saw it when I cancelled my Hoth Luke.

I would think there will be plenty to go around come arrival time. I never do NRD.

And when was the last time a Sideshow Star Wars figure sold out in pre-order and was unattainable upon release?
The only reason I wanted to pre-order this was for the exclusive. Pretty lame about the added nonrefundable deposit.

Back