1/6 Luke Skywalker: Red Five X-Wing Pilot Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really hope this one doesn't have the big glassy-eyes issue. The Hoth figs had a ton of other goodies (and heads) to make the sets more than worth it. This is one head and a somewhat basic outfit - for $40 more. People won't be pleased.:lol

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1429465389.488111.jpg

SWCA pic. This one looks great. Life is full of tough choices.

That's what I figured but now I wonder if they would try to slap me with a cancelation fee if I decided to cancel the order?

I'd call them to cancel and discuss it with them, the policy change was post your order, it would be a **** move to backdate you with a fine. I'm sure they'll sort it out with you.

Since my order was already in before this and I never paid an NRD, canceling wouldn't affect me. Then again since this is new rules, I'm not sure what the deal is.

I ordered HT Obi-Wan before there was a NRD (pretty pointless exercise considering there was no exclusive).

I cancelled him after the NRD was added to the page, and, naturally, there were no charges to pay because nothing was paid up front in the first place.

I thought this bore repeating in the appropriate thread:

Yeah, seeing X-Wing Luke in person was pretty sick, but knowing it will probably be a big step down in production is a bummer. That figure is ****ing amazing! At least the separate eye system won't be involved. According to Mat Bischoff, the separate eye system will not be used on Luke.

Was there a reason given?

Are Sideshow possibly consigning the process to history?

Dunno if there was a reason. Maybe King can come in and respond.

Unfortunately, Sideshow does not seem to be giving up on the system:

:)
He said Sideshow hasn't abandoned the separate eye thing, but are looking for a different factory who can do better with production. So it could be back in later figures :dunno

Can't say much more than that. Luke will be a solid sculpt and future release may or may not have the separate eye system if they can get better results in production. That's long and short of it.

Dunno if there was a reason. Maybe King can come in and respond.

Unfortunately, Sideshow does not seem to be giving up on the system:

Can't say much more than that. Luke will be a solid sculpt and future release may or may not have the separate eye system if they can get better results in production. That's long and short of it.

Thanks for the info.

:duff

At least Sideshow have acknowledged the issue and are addressing it.

Really good news for X-Wing Luke, though.

Back