1/6 Luke Skywalker: Red Five X-Wing Pilot Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Who would have ever guessed when Jedi Luke went up for preorder at $49.99 in 2006 that one day another Luke variant in the same line by the same company would cost almost *$200* more. Crazy.

The only reason I wanted to pre-order this was for the exclusive. Pretty lame about the added nonrefundable deposit.

You can kiss exclusives goodbye unless you are absolutely sure that you want and can afford a figure in 9-12 months from the urge.

I can get a car made for me in less time.

You can kiss exclusives goodbye unless you are absolutely sure that you want and can afford a figure in 9-12 months from the urge.

Yeah, it's pretty stupid when a Star Wars MOVIE can be made as fast or faster than one action figure from that movie. When were Hoth Han and Luke previewed? SDCC 2013? A year and a half ago. "Star Wars Rogue One" starts filming this summer and will come out Christmas of next year. Figure it out Sideshow.

:lol

Episode VIII is coming out in 1.5 years after Episode VII -- be funny if you preordered a Sideshow TFA figure and by the time it got delivered you were already onto the next movie.

I think Disney will definitely demand a tighter window on Sideshow products. Disney has a bad habit of limiting runs and the length of time its product can be on shelves, like its movies. At a certain point, it all goes 'back in the vault'.

It's not so much if I can afford a figure or not but more if the final product meets the quality I expect. I think Sideshow is shooting themselves in the foot a bit with this policy as they haven't upped their game enough to play with the competition at a higher price.

Who would have ever guessed when Jedi Luke went up for preorder at $49.99 in 2006 that one day another Luke variant in the same line by the same company would cost almost *$200* more. Crazy.

SSC Luke Jedi shipped almost nine years ago to the week. It is pretty amazing to go from $50 to nearly $250 in nine years. You'd think it would be maybe $120-150 by now - and that's being generous.

And old-era headsculpt aside, the outfit and accessories on that fig still hold up very well (it's not like they look Hasbro-ish now.)

SSC Luke Jedi shipped almost nine years ago to the week. It is pretty amazing to go from $50 to nearly $250 in nine years. You'd think it would be maybe $120-150 by now - and that's being generous.

And old-era headsculpt aside, the outfit and accessories on that fig still hold up very well (it's not like they look Hasbro-ish now.)

I've been thinking more and more about prices lately. Development, licensing fees, production run sizes, marketing budgets...all of these things are factors, but having been in this hobby for a while now it does give me pause, especially when I consider (and this may be an unpopular opinion) that a lot of this relatively high-priced, luxury product regularly has QC issues and design flaws.

But still it gets purchased. I wish I knew what the real numbers were. It's fascinating; but my perception is likely skewed by spending time around a statistical cluster of passionate and accuracy-obsessed collectors. I don't know what the general population of this board is outside of a vague idea of regular posters in a handful of threads, but it's the wider market that interests me...i.e. how much of this stuff are these companies actually moving?

As always, they charge what the market will bear but evidently...it bears quite a bit.

:lol

Episode VIII is coming out in 1.5 years after Episode VII -- be funny if you preordered a Sideshow TFA figure and by the time it got delivered you were already onto the next movie.

I think Disney will definitely demand a tighter window on Sideshow products. Disney has a bad habit of limiting runs and the length of time its product can be on shelves, like its movies. At a certain point, it all goes 'back in the vault'.

That's interesting, does that apply to everything? I knew that was the case with DVD's, and though they can be had easily now about ten years ago when one of their platinum releases went OOP it immediately shot up in value.

If that happens with 'everything' including toys, then the natural consequence of limited supply will be much higher secondary market prices.

If there's a ESB snow speeder Luke pilot planned (as mentioned in the sticky post here), I'd rather get that, but that could be years away. For now I've got this one on order

Hell, I could make a baby in that amount of time. WTF, Sideshow???????????????

Cancelled.

And actually, the NRD seems irrelevant at this point, since the figure should be shipping in the next month or so anyway. But still. . .cancelled.

Help me out with something guys. I pre-ordered this figure before they asked for an NRD. Now I see they require one. How does this work? Are they letting the people who already pre-ordered one stand as is without the NRD?

I PO'ed this because the headsculpt looked so incredible in that "in hand" SSC pic. If this turns out the way Luke and Han Hoth did, I'm going to be severely bummed because neither of those were a bullseye as protos; but Luke X is very close.

It will be the ultimate betrayal to show that incredible hand-painted Luke X head, then deliver the slightly distorted, glassy-eyed, minimal paint apps heads the Hoth ones have come out as.

I still sort of like those heads in a diminished-expectations kind of way, but this Luke X has an "ultimate" Luke headsculpt that would have been awesome displayed with helmet off. This figure is all about the headsculpt.

Help me out with something guys. I pre-ordered this figure before they asked for an NRD. Now I see they require one. How does this work? Are they letting the people who already pre-ordered one stand as is without the NRD?

No way could they start charging NRD's to people who already ordered. It would probably be illegal.

I PO'ed this because the headsculpt looked so incredible in that "in hand" SSC pic. If this turns out the way Luke and Han Hoth did, I'm going to be severely bummed because neither of those were a bullseye as protos; but Luke X is very close.

It will be the ultimate betrayal to show that incredible hand-painted Luke X head, then deliver the slightly distorted, glassy-eyed, minimal paint apps heads the Hoth ones have come out as.

I still sort of like those heads in a diminished-expectations kind of way, but this Luke X has an "ultimate" Luke headsculpt that would have been awesome displayed with helmet off. This figure is all about the headsculpt.

No way could they start charging NRD's to people who already ordered. It would probably be illegal.

That's what I figured but now I wonder if they would try to slap me with a cancelation fee if I decided to cancel the order?

Give this a read, though this page doesn't seem to have been updated since the more widespread NRD policy came into effect:

Cancellation Fees and Non-refundable Deposits | Sideshow Collectibles

Yeah thanks for that link. I've read that before and you're right, it doesn't reflect the new policy. I would imagine since they changed these orders mid-way, the NRD rules would only come into play for new orders now. Since my order was already in before this and I never paid an NRD, canceling wouldn't affect me. Then again since this is new rules, I'm not sure what the deal is.

It looks nice but I'm finding it hard to see this as a £200 figure which is what Forbidden Planet are touting it as.

It looks nice but I'm finding it hard to see this as a £200 figure which is what Forbidden Planet are touting it as.

If the head comes out just like the proto, then it is. No danger of that happening however.:lol

Would you go Rogue Squadron, Red Squadron or A/B/Y-wing pilots if they came?

At the sideshow booth at Celebration Anaheim.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1429283409.199482.jpg

Back