MAD MAX/ROAD WARRIOR Customs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: MAD MAX/ROAD WARRIOR Thread

Going a bit off topic (but still related...), with the increasing anticipation for the Autoart Interceptor that surely is out there, does anyone know of an aftermarket figure or garage kit of The Road Warrior version of Max in 1/18th scale?

Has someone said it already? This car is begging for a Max figure! There's already a dog for humanity's sake!

Because of licensing, aftermarket operations like Jimmy Flintstone or lesser known outfits come out with resin or white metal figurines and for Max for example would maybe name it "Outback Road Rager" or something like that. Further off topic (but still related...), I wonder if anyone made/is making a 1/18th scale Adam West Batman and Burt Ward Robin for the new Mattel TV Batmobile? Someone should!

af8b_12.JPG

Last edited:

MAD MAX - ROAD WARRIOR Version Sculpt Commission List:

1. Wor-Gar
2. Billy B
3. Mudshark
4. Rawrington
5. Les Walker
6. Galactiboy
7. drjedisith
8. superado
9. Evilface

Getting close now....

Last edited:

You should have just taken it apon yourself to add me to that sculpt list!!

Here is the Road Warrior Max I've been working on and off for a while. Dragon body and head, looks close to Mel, but if I can get a better one. The leathers are from a Scorpio figure, not sure who made him. I added the sleeves and have a shoulder pad somewhere. Needs a legbrace and some odds n ends which I hope to get from billy :p

roadwarrior1.jpg
roadwarrior2.jpg

roadwarrior3.jpg

Here are some 3 3/4 figures I made back in the 90's from Joes.

Max, Goose, Nightrider and Toecutter.
Max%20Rockatasky.JPG
Jim%20Goose.JPG
TheNightrider.jpg
Toecutter.JPG

Max, Humungus and Wez.
Mad%20Max.JPG
Humungus%202.JPG
Wez.JPG

You should have just taken it apon yourself to add me to that sculpt list!!

I didn't want to ass-u-me.

Your Max 12" is shaping up nicely.

1. Wor-Gar
2. Billy B
3. Mudshark
4. Rawrington
5. Les Walker
6. Galactiboy
7. drjedisith
8. superado
9. Evilface

One more and I'll contact Spenser.

Also, are the above committers also in for a WEZ sculpt as well?

1. Wor-Gar
2. Billy B
3. Mudshark
4. Rawrington
5. Les Walker
6. Galactiboy
7. drjedisith
8. superado
9. Evilface

The Mighty WEZ Sculpt

1. Wor-Gar
2. Evilface
3. Rawrington
4. Les Walker

Someone should contact Plastic Earth about this. One of the sculptors they use quite a bit did the head I talked about in post 54 of this thread, for a resin kit. I bought one from the kit producer (not Diver4), and for a Mad Max version of Mel it is pretty close to perfect. I own a few of the customs PE has been selling on ebay and the sculpt, painting and clothes are quite good. This would be an option for parting out the different parts of the figure as they can do it all in house. Not sure what the cost would be as I have only bid on the auctions and have not inquired about getting a scratch built figure. I already have that Mel head and have gathered some other parts, but he is on the back burner for now. To many other projects going on. But I'm interested to see how this piece comes out.

Someone should contact Plastic Earth about this. One of the sculptors they use quite a bit did the head I talked about in post 54 of this thread, for a resin kit. I bought one from the kit producer (not Diver4), and for a Mad Max version of Mel it is pretty close to perfect. I own a few of the customs PE has been selling on ebay and the sculpt, painting and clothes are quite good. This would be an option for parting out the different parts of the figure as they can do it all in house. Not sure what the cost would be as I have only bid on the auctions and have not inquired about getting a scratch built figure. I already have that Mel head and have gathered some other parts, but he is on the back burner for now. To many other projects going on. But I'm interested to see how this piece comes out.

Got a pic to post for us?

Let's see now, how do I add me....oh, okay:

1. Wor-Gar
2. Billy B
3. Mudshark
4. Rawrington
5. Les Walker
6. Galactiboy
7. drjedisith
8. superado
9. Evilface
10. Gruff Old Bear

The Mighty WEZ Sculpt

1. Wor-Gar
2. Evilface
3. Rawrington
4. Les Walker

:D

Mad Max for me please! Add me to that list!! :D

1. Wor-Gar
2. Billy B
3. Mudshark
4. Rawrington
5. Les Walker
6. Galactiboy
7. drjedisith
8. superado
9. Evilface
10. Gruff Old Bear
11. Migwit

The Mighty WEZ Sculpt

1. Wor-Gar
2. Evilface
3. Rawrington
4. Les Walker

To all, I've PM'd Spenser to see if he'd be interested in this project (Max and/or Wez).

Also, please let me know who's all in for Wez when you ask to be put on the list. Like most things, I believe all those on the Max list will want a Wez too as soon as they get their own Max. So be forward-thinking. Don't wait until then to express interest because without your help now, it won't happen. How can you have RW Max without Wez? That's like Batman without Joker.

Last edited:

Oh, well, when you put it that way:

1. Wor-Gar
2. Billy B
3. Mudshark
4. Rawrington
5. Les Walker
6. Galactiboy
7. drjedisith
8. superado
9. Evilface
10. Gruff Old Bear
11. Migwit

The Mighty WEZ Sculpt

1. Wor-Gar
2. Evilface
3. Rawrington
4. Les Walker
5. Gruff Old Bear

Spenser's Rachel, Deckard and Goldfinger are all so fantastic, if he'll tackle these I'm sure they'll be great.

Add me to the list please. :rock
This is such a great board...Keaton Batman, Andy's Rod Serling head, and now this!! :chew

Road Warrior is one of the best action movies of the 80's. It stands side by side with The Terminator, Die Hard, Raiders, Aliens. Count me in for a head! It is about time we get some 1/6 Max!!

Back