MAD MAX/ROAD WARRIOR Customs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: MAD MAX/ROAD WARRIOR Thread

All right, Puppies...

NEWS of the DAY:

SPENSER is interested in sculpting the RW Max AND Wez!!!

How about that for progress? These figures will soon begin to become a reality. Spenser's got two projects he's finishing up right now but I'm sure he'll chime in soon and let everyone know a projected timeframe and the estimated cost of the sculpt. Those of you who were on the BOND Villain commission have some idea around about what the deal will mostly likely be.

Here's the list so far of those INTERESTED:

MAD MAX - ROAD WARRIOR Version Sculpt Commission List:

1. Wor-Gar
2. Billy B
3. Mudshark
4. Rawrington
5. Les Walker
6. Galactiboy
7. drjedisith
8. superado
9. Evilface
10. Gruff Old Bear
11. Migwit
12. sladesuperagent
13. kl241
14. Randy of AFTimes
15. Fistfulmetal
16. Darkartist
17. Reinhardt (pending sculpt)

The Mighty WEZ Sculpt

1. Wor-Gar
2. Evilface
3. Rawrington
4. Les Walker
5. Gruff Old Bear
6. Billy B
7. Darkartist
8. Mudshark

Carrying this over again so no one misses the NEWS.

Evilface posted some great screen grabs of Humungus on the other page (for those who set at 10).

BTW, as this is shaping up to be a group project where various members offer parts to a whole and we assemble the figures ourselves, if there's anyone out there who can offer...well, anything, please feel free to chime in with what you got.

Billy B and others can correct me if I'm wrong, but right now we (potentially) have:

MAD MAX (ROAD WARRIOR Version):

RW Max sculpt (pending Spenser)
RW Max gear (Billy B kit)

So we still need:

Max's basic clothing and boots (I know Billy is working on this).
Max's "Dingo"

For Wez, we potentially have:

Wez sculpt (pending Spenser)

We need:

Everything: clothing, gear, weapons, etc.

Bodies for both need to be decided upon, as Spenser will make the neck accomodate a single unified preference. I assume the basic Dragon body will work well for Max. Wez, not sure.

I suggest the Walt/Fernando/Russell Dragon figure for Max as those figures come with semi-muscular "rubber" arms that will be perfect for the ripped sleeve Max.

That's it for now. Can you tell I'm excited?

This is a franchise I've wanted to add to my 1/6th collection for many years. Now, finally, it may happen...

Last edited:

This is shaping up to be a great group commission! Thanks, Wor-Gar, for all your time and effort on this project! :joy

Been away from this thread for a bit, but I am IN for these sculpts!!!

Yeah, you're late. Where ya been? :)

Added.

MAD MAX - ROAD WARRIOR Version Sculpt Commission List:

1. Wor-Gar
2. Billy B
3. Mudshark
4. Rawrington
5. Les Walker
6. Galactiboy
7. drjedisith
8. superado
9. Evilface
10. Gruff Old Bear
11. Migwit
12. sladesuperagent
13. kl241
14. Randy of AFTimes
15. Fistfulmetal
16. Darkartist
17. Reinhardt (pending sculpt)
18. Ironman1188

The Mighty WEZ Sculpt

1. Wor-Gar
2. Evilface
3. Rawrington
4. Les Walker
5. Gruff Old Bear
6. Billy B
7. Darkartist
8. Mudshark
9. Ironman 1188

OK, so I've received a LOT of help from Furious Genius on topics related to MM. We've talked a good bit about parts for Max, Wez, Humongous, and plenty of generic biker gang guys.
Stevo's Toys carries great boots for Max, and a fantastic (although expensive) sawnoff shotty.
Dragon's Trojan Football players are perfect fodder for Wez's shoulder pads, or any of the gang members.
Also, if we can't get the Wez sculpt, I think the "Markis" head sculpt on redplanettoys.com would work fine, with a few mods.
For Max's jacket and pants, head over to OSW, and sign the Saturday Toys Biker Fashion Set Petition. This is a great set, that we're trying to get Saturday toys to reissue.
As was mentioned earlier, the muscle bodies featured on the Conan customs on Ebay are perfect for Humongous himself, and pretty much all that would be needed is the Hockey mask from a Friday the 13th fig.
I'm working on a figure of the police chief from the first movie, using the ACE Seal Team 10 headsculpt as a base, as well as a Toysoldier tie, and a watering can/ plants in 1/6, that I'll hopefully find at the local Hobby Lobby

Hope this all helps out! More ideas to come, as well as pics of my current gang, and MFP officer, from within the MM universe! -Adam

Aren't all the masks from Friday the 13th a different style... his mask has a distinctive look to it.

I'm not sold on that mask. It has a nose.

I think the Humungus will need to be sculpted for us.

You could use one of those Jason heads I supposed and mask, but you still need someone to shave it down and change the holes and add the grating, etc. If you don't do that sort of thing yourself, then it could end up costing as much as an original sculpt.

Given what little makes up Humungus, I think getting the mask to look accurate is the single defining item you need.

I think it would be better to get someone to sculpt a new one. The Jason mask are to round. Maybe good to have one as a base and resculpt it and cast from it... but might be just as easy to start one from scratch.

humungus7.jpg

EDIT WG said basically the same thing :lol

Not sure about Humungus either... but still putting in my .02 :lol

I enjoy Road Warrior, but really like Mad Max so much better... I'd love a Toecutter though :rock

I mentioned Max's dog a couple of pages ago, the Blue Australian Cattle Dog. Anyway, here are some pics of the garage kit figure.

P1010138-1.jpg

P1010140.jpg

P1010141-1.jpg

P1010142.jpg

Last edited:

I think it would be better to get someone to sculpt a new one. The Jason mask are to round. Maybe good to have one as a base and resculpt it and cast from it... but might be just as easy to start one from scratch.

humungus7.jpg

EDIT WG said basically the same thing :lol

The neck brace almost looks like something you could find at a hardware store. I'll go have a look at some point.

The dog looks good.Thats all I got to say.

A couple of things:

-The 21stC Shotgun from the Villains Shotgun set was quite nice. Obviously less than Steve's since it's plastic instead of die-cast. Finding that's obviously the problem...

-Also, there another, similar mask that was done for one of 21stC's America's Finest sets...SWAT TEAM Point Man

boxamer1.jpg

(Sorry, wish I'd taken a better shot).

Just trying to help...

Back