MAD MAX/ROAD WARRIOR Customs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: MAD MAX/ROAD WARRIOR Thread

OK, here is a resin kit that's about as perfect a WEZ as you will find. I have no idea where to get this, I've been looking for it for years...

Wez.jpg

Spenser, if you're checking in, this might be good reference for the sculpt.

So, as to clothing, how can we make our WEZ look like this? Billy B, help me. :)

I think the cod piece, knee and boot pads could be sculpted and recast fairly easy. Chaps could be made provided we get our hands on the right material.
I think the biggest challenge is with the shoulder pads. Wouldn't be hard to make them for a single figure, but I'm just pondering how to get a good cast out of it. Crossbow would be another challenge. Like the shoulder pads I'm sure making one from scratch or finding something online that would work for a single figure wouldn't be a huge challenge, but locating enough or making it easy to reproduce for everyone interested is the hard part.

BillyB

OK, here is a resin kit that's about as perfect a WEZ as you will find. I have no idea where to get this, I've been looking for it for years...

Wez.jpg

Spenser, if you're checking in, this might be good reference for the sculpt.

So, as to clothing, how can we make our WEZ look like this? Billy B, help me. :)

Yep, I agree.

For the shoulder pads, would the Dragon football pads work? With the unique additions being casted.

Also, I did some searching on ebay and found a few crossbows that might work. Scale is hard to tell in the pictures of course. It needs to be about an inch and a half.

I took a look at the Saturday Toys Biker Fashion Set. It's a nice set, but their are a lot of extras that would have to be removed. This jacket laces up on both sides under the sleeves, has an adjustable belt, and seem running down the back. The pants also have some extra stitching along the legs.
Max's uniform is very basic.
If you did not see this site posted earlier, check out
https://www.madmaxcostumes.com/
Breaks down costumes from all three movies.

Even states that the hockey mask Humongus wears is a Cooper brand mask.

BillyB

OK, so I've received a LOT of help from Furious Genius on topics related to MM. We've talked a good bit about parts for Max, Wez, Humongous, and plenty of generic biker gang guys.
Stevo's Toys carries great boots for Max, and a fantastic (although expensive) sawnoff shotty.
Dragon's Trojan Football players are perfect fodder for Wez's shoulder pads, or any of the gang members.
Also, if we can't get the Wez sculpt, I think the "Markis" head sculpt on redplanettoys.com would work fine, with a few mods.
For Max's jacket and pants, head over to OSW, and sign the Saturday Toys Biker Fashion Set Petition. This is a great set, that we're trying to get Saturday toys to reissue.
As was mentioned earlier, the muscle bodies featured on the Conan customs on Ebay are perfect for Humongous himself, and pretty much all that would be needed is the Hockey mask from a Friday the 13th fig.
I'm working on a figure of the police chief from the first movie, using the ACE Seal Team 10 headsculpt as a base, as well as a Toysoldier tie, and a watering can/ plants in 1/6, that I'll hopefully find at the local Hobby Lobby

Hope this all helps out! More ideas to come, as well as pics of my current gang, and MFP officer, from within the MM universe! -Adam

Do you have a picture? I think one was posted earlier or a link or something but this has grown so much, it hard to remember where it was.

BillyB

Yep, I agree.

For the shoulder pads, would the Dragon football pads work? With the unique additions being casted.

Also, I did some searching on ebay and found a few crossbows that might work. Scale is hard to tell in the pictures of course. It needs to be about an inch and a half.

Do you have a picture? I think one was posted earlier or a link or something but this has grown so much, it hard to remember where it was.

BillyB

CROSSBOW (waiting to hear about length):

wezgear.jpg

SHOULDER PADS:

wezgear1.jpg

Maybe someone can help me identify this picture I grabbed some years ago. It may be Dragon, but the shoes look more like GI Joe football gear. Anyway, it's a good template for Wez' shoulder gear. With a little paint and some bits and feathers, they should work for the scale.

Last edited:

Yeah, good find, someone posted one like that earlier. It's close. Would need to be sanded and the holes filled and remade and the eye holes adjusted...but the basic shape works.

Not sure if trying to make a mask AND a sculpt to go behind it is better than just having a sculpt done with a fixed mask. I like removable parts like everyone else, but Humungus never removed his mask...and we'd have to decide what 'face' is being sculpted under the mask if it was loose. Then you'd have to paint the face you'll never see and the mask separately, not to mention the added cost of making/casting a head + mask. If the whole head/mask is sculpted then we'd get an accurate Humungus mask from the get-go.

Curious to know what others think about that though.

Sounds like you're leaning toward the mask and head sculpted as one piece, and in this particular case it's probably the best solution, for all the reasons you explained. Certainly would make things easier. I'm definitely okay with that suggestion.

I think a fixed or sculpted mask on Humungus would be best also--maybe even grafting the altered ebay mask to the sculpt. And I'm down for some rooted hairs on that funky head! :rock

I think a solid piece would make the most sense, and would be economical. The only downside is it would be more difficult to paint the eyes.

Well, if a great mask presents itself, I'm all for making a removable masked Humungus...but we're kind of getting ahead of ourselves...so far we're working on Max and Wez only.

Hopefully Spenser will check in soon and let us know his plan and/or timeframe estimate for the MAX and WEZ sculpts.

Other than that, I believe Billy and some others are working on sorting parts and bits for the outfits. The Max jacket and pants seem to be the issue now, pending this new material.

If the new material works out, perhaps it will also work for Wez's chaps.

On Wez's gauntlets (and crossbow), I'm wondering if we should use a long fingerless pleather glove (basically a fitted "tube" of material) with a resin cast "guard" placed on top. The crossbow gizmo would then be placed on top that. If that's too much work, then maybe just an all-in-one casting like Boromir's gauntlets with the crossbow being a separate piece to place later. Just a thought.

Hey Galactiboy, I just saw in your custom thread (great stuff BTW) that you have a Dragon football zombie.

Can you tell me how good or bad the shoulder pad gear is underneath? Got any pics of it? This was being considered for Wez as you know.

Sounds like you're leaning toward the mask and head sculpted as one piece, and in this particular case it's probably the best solution, for all the reasons you explained. Certainly would make things easier. I'm definitely okay with that suggestion.

Yea, sculpted mask on head. We never see his face, so a seperate mask is not needed.

Hey Galactiboy, I just saw in your custom thread (great stuff BTW) that you have a Dragon football zombie.

Can you tell me how good or bad the shoulder pad gear is underneath? Got any pics of it? This was being considered for Wez as you know.

I'd say the quality is very good, the pads are nicely sculpted and fairly sturdy. Also the two on each shoulder have the ability to move with the figure so you don't have a very restricted range of motion.

From the front, it won't look right, but if you put them on backwards it looks kinda close to Wez. Maybe the best option you have... as I think custom making a set would be a huge headache.

Here are some pics I took of it:
shouldera.jpg

shoulderb.jpg

shoulderc.jpg

Back