MAD MAX/ROAD WARRIOR Customs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: MAD MAX/ROAD WARRIOR Thread

And I bet that silver pad is what's left over from Max's lol. The end downward facing pads will prolly have to be custom made, but those that GB posted will be a good starting point. I'll grab some screens later.

I was wondering if he was just wearing them backwards... seems like a good post-apocalyptic thing to do.

And not sure if you guys decided on a body, but the Football players can be gotten for relatively cheap (mine was $20 last year) and it comes with a great base body for larger characters.

the larger body might be good to convert to Humungus with a bit of muscle buildings. Regular dragons are good enough for Max and Wez.

Ebay has only one Dragon Trojan left right now and he's $40. Hopefully more will come up in the next few months while we're working out all the parts.

But yes, I think we have Wez's should pads solved.

the larger body might be good to convert to Humungus with a bit of muscle buildings. Regular dragons are good enough for Max and Wez.

I don't think it'll work for Humungus... its a larger body, and I don't think it would be worth the trouble to resculpt the musculature. Some of the BBi and Ace bodies might be more appropriate for him.

I was thinking Wez was kind of taller, and that the football body (as is) would work for him.

Check the dealers for the Football player, I bought mine from Monkey Depot... but not sure if they are still in stock.

Hey, just wanted to let you know that I may have found some good faux leather! I've got samples shipping to me. If it looks like the right stuff, I'll order some up and but a uniform together. I'm hoping to be able to make both MM and RW versions.
Oh, and some Wez chaps as well.

BillyB

Hey guys... Just dropping a line to say I’ll be starting work on the first head first of next week. Most likely Max.

Thanks for the update Spense! Can't wait to see what you come up with :rock

Just to clarify, the LIST is still open...so sign up if you want in! There is no limit at this time.

Here's the list so far of those INTERESTED:

MAD MAX - ROAD WARRIOR Version Sculpt Commission List:

1. Wor-Gar
2. Billy B
3. Mudshark
4. Rawrington
5. Les Walker
6. Galactiboy
7. drjedisith
8. superado
9. Evilface
10. Gruff Old Bear
11. Migwit
12. sladesuperagent
13. kl241
14. Randy of AFTimes
15. Fistfulmetal
16. Darkartist
17. Reinhardt (pending sculpt)
18. Ironman1188

The Mighty WEZ Sculpt

1. Wor-Gar
2. Evilface
3. Rawrington
4. Les Walker
5. Gruff Old Bear
6. Billy B
7. Darkartist
8. Mudshark
9. Ironman1188

If you don't see your name and want in, just post.

We got a little sidetracked with a Humungus discussion, and at the moment his sculpt hasn't been discussed. I assume if this goes well for everyone here that a Humungus sculpt would be a possible third sculpt for the set. Time will tell.

Last edited:

Hey guys...I couldn’t sleep last night so I did the Max sculpt. I’ll post pictures later today.

Man, that was FAST! Excellent news though. Can't wait to see what ya got.

Billy B: any word on whether that new "leather" will work for Max's clothing? If so, can we order a set?

here's some shots of the raw sculpt, I'm casting one up now so I'll post pictures of the casting, and possibly a painted one later.

roadmax1.jpg

I'm liking it! Hey Max!

Looks grisled but not too chiseled, which is my problem with a lot of the other sculpts out there. Love the messy hair -- perfect for painting those white (really yellow) streaks! The upper right shot is terrific.

As you said, Spenser, it's the raw sculpt, so I'm curious to see the cleaner casting. Is this head drilled for a Dragon body? I think that's what most people will be using, me included. If you have a loose body around would you pop it on and take a pic of the whole thing to give everyone an idea of scale?

Last edited:

Love the lower right profile shot. Great work S! I'm not a big fan of the MM movies but I love seeing projects like this come to fruition.

It was amazing you did this for the guys. I can see, in my mind's eye, that sculpt of yours painted and it's gonna look awesome.

Damn Spenser! That is a fine looking sculpt, you really captured his likeness :rock Can't wait to see the final product :rock

Back