MAD MAX/ROAD WARRIOR Customs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: MAD MAX/ROAD WARRIOR Thread

Hey all!
Sorry I haven't posted in a while. Just finished and mailed out a bunch of kits. I didn't want to post just yet, but with everyone asking about the outfits, I thought I'd let you know where I'm at. It took a little longer than expected to get in the material and it took me a little while to track down small enough zippers (check out tinyzippers.com) but I've got all of the supplies and started putting the pants together. The material is really easy to work with and looks great. I just need to size them up a bit and then make a pattern to use for multiples. The jacket won't be hard to do, but putting in the faux zippered pockets might be a little challenging.

Quick question for everyone. How detailed to you want the uniforms?
This is mainly for the pants. I can put in little details like fake pockets and belt loops, jean cut back and such, or I can make them very basic since the jacket and outer belt pretty much cover up everything.
On the jacket, there's not a lot to leave out, but wasn't sure if everyone cares if there are side pockets and zippered sleaves. (only one sleeve)

I'm going to try and get both versions of the pants done and pictures posted, but I'm not sure if I can get the jacket done before the end of the weekend.

Also, I'm going to be out on vacation for about two weeks, so it will be a little while before I can start working on outfits for everyone.

As to how detailed -- for me, as detailed as you can make 'em! :)

Hey all!
Sorry I haven't posted in a while. Just finished and mailed out a bunch of kits. I didn't want to post just yet, but with everyone asking about the outfits, I thought I'd let you know where I'm at. It took a little longer than expected to get in the material and it took me a little while to track down small enough zippers (check out tinyzippers.com) but I've got all of the supplies and started putting the pants together. The material is really easy to work with and looks great. I just need to size them up a bit and then make a pattern to use for multiples. The jacket won't be hard to do, but putting in the faux zippered pockets might be a little challenging.

Quick question for everyone. How detailed to you want the uniforms?
This is mainly for the pants. I can put in little details like fake pockets and belt loops, jean cut back and such, or I can make them very basic since the jacket and outer belt pretty much cover up everything.
On the jacket, there's not a lot to leave out, but wasn't sure if everyone cares if there are side pockets and zippered sleaves. (only one sleeve)

I'm going to try and get both versions of the pants done and pictures posted, but I'm not sure if I can get the jacket done before the end of the weekend.

Also, I'm going to be out on vacation for about two weeks, so it will be a little while before I can start working on outfits for everyone.

I'm probably want as detailed as possible (the jacket I have now is passible but not accurate). Another option might be to make a 'basic' and 'deluxe' version? You can add the pockets/beltloops/etc to the deluxe one.

Great news, Billy! Thanks for the update. I'm also interested in the most screen-accurate set of jacket and pants possible, and have no problem waiting for as long as it takes to make one.

It might be helpful to know in advance which figure body (or bodies) the costumes will be made to fit. Fit will be important, so if you can let us know which body to use, then people hopefully won't be asking you to be make different sized costumes.

As EVILFACE mentioned, Dragon would be a good base body, availability and height-wise, especially the latest version. The elbow joints aren't quite as obvious as the HT True-type and they have great articulation, too. I already planned to use a new Dragon body for my figure, but how does everyone else feel about sticking to only one type of body, in order to make the costume fabrication issue easier for Billy? Any thoughts on that?

Thanks for the update Billy ! Much appreciated .

Mudshark, the new body you mentioned, would that be the Neo 3 ? Or just the newer standard Dragon base body ?

Great news, Billy! Thanks for the update. I'm also interested in the most screen-accurate set of jacket and pants possible, and have no problem waiting for as long as it takes to make one.

It might be helpful to know in advance which figure body (or bodies) the costumes will be made to fit. Fit will be important, so if you can let us know which body to use, then people hopefully won't be asking you to be make different sized costumes.

As EVILFACE mentioned, Dragon would be a good base body, availability and height-wise, especially the latest version. The elbow joints aren't quite as obvious as the HT True-type and they have great articulation, too. I already planned to use a new Dragon body for my figure, but how does everyone else feel about sticking to only one type of body, in order to make the costume fabrication issue easier for Billy? Any thoughts on that?

My vote would be for a Dragon base body, as I've always felt it has the best build to represent Max. The HT and BBi G3.5 bodies are a little too bulky.

Anyone have anything to show so far ? Bodies? Accessories, painted heads ?

Found these, thought they might help ?

maxface.jpg

mightywez.jpg

Last edited:

Nice pics.

I say make the suit detailed as you can. The pockets and such can just be for looks I think, they don't need to be functional.

Excellent pics, Paul! Max is so hard to find, as is good ref for Wez.

I really hope Spenser reconsiders doing a Wez sculpt.

And that Max close-up is perfect ref for his Max sculpt. That's how I want my Max to look.

spenser - sorry - didn't hear from you - could you please just send me a short message if/when the head has gone/will go out - thanks a lot !!

Thanks for the update Billy ! Much appreciated .

Mudshark, the new body you mentioned, would that be the Neo 3 ? Or just the newer standard Dragon base body ?

Yes, I did mean the Neo 3. They don't seem as easy to come by as the older bodies yet, but quite a few of their newer releases have them and can be swapped out with the older ones. That was my plan, anyways.

Thanks for all the excellent pics! Btw, are those lobby stills or screen grabs? Anyway, they're great reference material for detailing our figures. Any more pics like that of Wez and the Lord Humungus you may happen to have would be most welcome! :D

all the rest of the heads will be out next week. Sorry for the delay.

Yes, I did mean the Neo 3. They don't seem as easy to come by as the older bodies yet, but quite a few of their newer releases have them and can be swapped out with the older ones. That was my plan, anyways.

Thanks for all the excellent pics! Btw, are those lobby stills or screen grabs? Anyway, they're great reference material for detailing our figures. Any more pics like that of Wez and the Lord Humungus you may happen to have would be most welcome! :D

I'll see what I can do ! ;)

Don't suppose anyone has a spare football shoulder pad spare ? I've made the piece that goes underneath and I don't have the pad for the top :(

Back