MAD MAX/ROAD WARRIOR Customs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: MAD MAX/ROAD WARRIOR Thread

Don't like the head or the hair, but the rest is hands down the best Road Warrior custom I've seen.

Yeah, the face and hair seem Tonnerish, but the rest is pretty amazing. I'm gonna use this as a guide when making mine. Seems like this guy's got every buckle and stud just right.

Nice EF!!!

Also, I stumbled on this today. Never seen it before, a custom MAX by Fu Dog...

FuDogcustomMAX2.jpg

Great clothing and gear.

Looks good, what type of body is it on ? Are there any more larger pics out there of this ? I'm sorely tempted to kick-start my Max now.

I have indeed received Wor-Gar's, and let me say, BRAVO!
You did an amazing job on this one Steven. I literally cannot wait to paint him.
I even bought the entire DVD Max trilogy just so I could watch them again, and really study all things Max. Again, bravo my friend! He is super!

The clothing and accessories ar the best I have seen. Not a fan of the head scult / paint though, but still its 1000 times better than what I could do. Thanks for the pics and link Gruff.

What type of body would be the best to use for a figure like this ? I have a couple of ideas but I'd like to get an idea from some of our more creative members !

Also where would I be able to buy a small adjustable spanner ?

What type of body would be the best to use for a figure like this ? I have a couple of ideas but I'd like to get an idea from some of our more creative members !

Also where would I be able to buy a small adjustable spanner ?

You're naturally referring to a 1:6 scale spanner, right? It doesn't actually need to be adjustable, does it? Seriously though, BillyB's Road Warrior accessory kit includes an adjustable spanner (aka "crescent wrench"), along with most of the other pieces you'd need to complete your figure. If you haven't already got one, I highly recommend ordering one from him. It's extremely well done, very reasonably priced, and will save you a lot of time and effort.

Still waiting on news about the leather jacket & pants, but hopefully those will eventually be available, too. If and when some costumes do become available, it might be easier to decide which figure body to use based on how well the costume will fit and look on the various choices of bodies available.

Seriously though, BillyB's Road Warrior accessory kit includes an adjustable spanner (aka "crescent wrench"), along with most of the other pieces you'd need to complete your figure. If you haven't already got one, I highly recommend ordering one from him. It's extremely well done, very reasonably priced, and will save you a lot of time and effort.

hey MS are these still available? the thread seems to have cooled off a bit and i thought people were losing interest.

If and when some costumes do become available, it might be easier to decide which figure body to use based on how well the costume will fit and look on the various choices of bodies available.

I was waiting to buy my head until we know about the FULL suits--any word yet on the IF/WHEN?

I think Dragon's work fine for him. They are cheap and everywhere. They are a bit shorter than the usual 1/6th figures which works better cause Mel isn't a tall guy.

Thanks Guys ! I'll give Billy a call then and see if I can get one. I have a Dragon body as EVILFACE suggested so I'll sit tight and see what happens clothing-wise.

hey MS are these still available? the thread seems to have cooled off a bit and i thought people were losing interest.

I got mine from Billy about 3 weeks ago, very pleased with the quality. He also advised he's been hard at work on the leathers and hopes to have something before long.

This is what I've been thinking, too. Hopefully BillyB will have something for us soon and this thread can start rolling again. I guess a lot of us are stuck on the leather costume, so once we have that covered we'll be able to complete our figures! :rock

Anyone have any in progress shots to show ? What parts they are using etc ? I'm playing catch -up. I have a shotgun, boots, base body and a couple of belts to cut up for the leg brace.

Hey all!
Sorry I haven't posted in a while. Just finished and mailed out a bunch of kits. I didn't want to post just yet, but with everyone asking about the outfits, I thought I'd let you know where I'm at. It took a little longer than expected to get in the material and it took me a little while to track down small enough zippers (check out tinyzippers.com) but I've got all of the supplies and started putting the pants together. The material is really easy to work with and looks great. I just need to size them up a bit and then make a pattern to use for multiples. The jacket won't be hard to do, but putting in the faux zippered pockets might be a little challenging.

Quick question for everyone. How detailed to you want the uniforms?
This is mainly for the pants. I can put in little details like fake pockets and belt loops, jean cut back and such, or I can make them very basic since the jacket and outer belt pretty much cover up everything.
On the jacket, there's not a lot to leave out, but wasn't sure if everyone cares if there are side pockets and zippered sleaves. (only one sleeve)

I'm going to try and get both versions of the pants done and pictures posted, but I'm not sure if I can get the jacket done before the end of the weekend.

Also, I'm going to be out on vacation for about two weeks, so it will be a little while before I can start working on outfits for everyone.

Back