MAD MAX/ROAD WARRIOR Customs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: MAD MAX/ROAD WARRIOR Thread

Don't suppose anyone has a spare football shoulder pad spare ? I've made the piece that goes underneath and I don't have the pad for the top :(

I've got the Dragon football pad set that I won't be using, but the one BillyB made for his Road Warrior kit is MUCH better and more accurate. I'd check in with him.

I'll see what I can do ! ;)

I got the link you sent. Much obliged! :cool:

Btw, BillyB's accessory kit comes with just about everything you need: the pads, the leg brace (excellent piece), belt and holster (also excellent), sawn-off shotgun, as well as the other gear worn on his belt. I believe it was only $30 or so, and already painted! Definitely a bargain there, mate! :D

I've got a few things together for the belts etc, I may see Billy for a few items if he is willing to sell some of the other parts separately.

The binoculars I've seen that are closest to what Max uses are by Dragon, they are the Russian binoculars. They have the correct mottling and the correct longer front lenses. They are virtually identical to the type in the photos.

I got my kit from Billy today. Will do a few tweaks to the parts to make them work better with my figure and post up some pics!!

A few sneak peeks. Still a lot of tweaking and paint matching left, but he is getting there.

DSC_0924.JPG
DSC_0928.JPG
DSC_0927.JPG

DSC_0929.JPG
DSC_0933.JPG
DSC_0932.JPG

DSC_0926.JPG
DSC_0931.JPG

DSC_0934.JPG

Looks good, man! I have the same thing with my original outfit, as far as using that BBi Scorpion vest and then attaching sleeves to it. I've got mine temporarily on hold while I wait to see what BillyB can treat us to :)

hell yea EF.........that max looks cool as hell.......but what kinda color matching are you talking about.......head to body or body to head? or something else?

That's very impressive ! If my figure comes out even half as good as yours I will be very happy !
Do you mind if I ask you how you managed to get the finger less gloves made ? Did you chop fingers and glue them on or is it all purely paint ? Now all you have to do is dirty him up !

BillyB's parts look very impressive too, I'm definately sold on them now ! Lots of talented folk on here !

Yea, I need to match the head to the body. Will change the leg brace buckles to different metal ones and. The fingers are cut and glued one.

Thanks ! Where is the best place to buy small metal buckles etc ?
I'm also going to try that with my gloves / fingers.

For the buckles, I'll have to find the site again, but it was one that did all kinds of stuff for toy horses.

that would be https://www.riorondo.com/

great and friendly people and very helpful. Only they smoke very heavily, every time I open a package from them it nearly knocks me out. I got a chrome sculpting tool that smelled like cigarette smoke for three months.

all heads are out but one...Migwit. I want to get the hair just right, I'm sure it will be off to you this week.

Thanks Guys!

That's a great site for buckles Spencer! I wish this would have come up earlier in the thread when I started up the kits.
Do you know what size buckle would work the best for the holster and leg brace straps?

BillyB

that would be https://www.riorondo.com/

great and friendly people and very helpful. Only they smoke very heavily, every time I open a package from them it nearly knocks me out. I got a chrome sculpting tool that smelled like cigarette smoke for three months.

all heads are out but one...Migwit. I want to get the hair just right, I'm sure it will be off to you this week.

Thanks Guys!

Yeah, thanks for the great link Spenser! I've been looking for a source for horse-related model making supplies just like this. Not too thrilled about the cig smoke part, but I'm sure I'll be sending some business their way soon.

I'll look at what size I use and get back to you guys.

Back