MAD MAX/ROAD WARRIOR Customs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: MAD MAX/ROAD WARRIOR Thread

Just wanted to put my two cents in here and say Im loving this thread. I've been a Max fan since I was 12 when I first watched Mad Max at the movies. The title Road Warrior is pretty much unheard of here in Australia but the movies continue to be popular. I grew up with my friends constantly quoting any Mad Max lines and it still occassionally gets a bashing. I used to go to the annual Mad Max parties that the Australian Z Club (Kawasaki club) used to throw. They would hire a drive-in at one of the towns were Mad Max 1 was filmed and every one would stand around fires getting drunk while watching Mad Max 1 and 2. Pretty wild stuff. Theres plenty of interceptor copies over here too if you look hard enough.
18rear2_m_m.jpg

HR04.jpg

f52c_1.jpg

Catch ya later Goose!

Awesome shot of the cars! Great stuff!
Love that dog. IF...I could find one.....
Anyway, super. Yeah, I am still stoked over my recent viewings. Pretty timely movies indeed!

Anyone else have a near completed or complete figure to show ? I need some inspiration !

sitting here very patiently for kits of clothing and the braces/tools/odds and ends. spenser's headsculpt is just biding his time. :D

Anyone else have a near completed or complete figure to show ? I need some inspiration !

I wish. I'm still waiting to hear from Billy B about the outfit. I have pants, boots and a jacket that will work, but they are sub-par compared to his stuff. I think I'm still several weeks away from even beginning to build him.

On another note, if Spenser's still checking in here, I hope he reconsiders doing that Wez sculpt. I know I'll have a Max before the year is out, and I'd love to get Wez going before then too.

Hope BillyB looks in soon ! I'm waiting for word on prices for a couple of his items , gotta have them !

Here's a quest to keep us going in the meantime. What sculpts are available out there for Max - Mel Gibson lookalikes ? I still don't have a headsculpt that I want to use.

Still waiting to hear an update about the costume, too. I contacted Spenser and it turns out there was a mixup with the mailing address. We worked it out and I expect my RW sculpt to arrive after I get back to the states next week!
:chew

The costume is the biggest hold up for me at the moment, so it looks like I probably won't get to start building my figure until after the summer. :monkey2

Hope BillyB looks in soon ! I'm waiting for word on prices for a couple of his items , gotta have them !

Here's a quest to keep us going in the meantime. What sculpts are available out there for Max - Mel Gibson lookalikes ? I still don't have a headsculpt that I want to use.

I'm using the Frontline/Hero Heads version for mine.

Spenser, any updates on these going out? No rush, just want to stay on top of where this project is. :peace I still need a body and a costume kit, so it'll be a while before I get my figure together! :lol

Ok, sorry about the images. I need to get some better shots, but I finally got the time to put the outfit together.
Still need to add a few details and clean up a few things, but this is basically what it will look like.
I'll add the faux zipper on the left sleeve as well as the snaps on the jacket flaps, and I can add in two faux zipper pockets on the front of the jacket if you want them.
This one is a pretty snug fit, but it is flexable and I can make adjustments depending on the body you are using.
Of course, it will need to be weathered quite a bit as well.
Please let me know what you think.
I'll see if I can get some better pictures up.

BillyB

Excellent, Billy's back!

Outfit looks nice. A couple questions or suggestions: is it possible to get smaller zippers? I think the pants look good on the legs but too tight in the crotch. Of course this may be a limitation of the body used.

Excellent, Billy's back!

Outfit looks nice. A couple questions or suggestions: is it possible to get smaller zippers? I think the pants look good on the legs but too tight in the crotch. Of course this may be a limitation of the body used.

I noticed that as well, it sucks in a lot at the hips. Outside of that, it looks pretty sharp. I think there was a website called tinyzippers.com that had some very small-scale zippers.

Anyway, keep us updated! I know I'm interested in pricing on this one :D

wow, max looks great. cant wait for this outfit.:banana

I originally fit this for a basic Dragon body that has a smaller waist and crotch area. I believe this is a DID body that is slightly larger in that area. It's the one I was using with the head already attached. I can post pictures using the Dragon body if you want to see it, but I can make the necessary adjustments on the pants.
The zipper is the smallest one available from tinyzippers.com in the metal finish. There is a smaller version only available in black that would have to be painted silver. I asked a few on the post before I started and everyone wanted a working metal zipper. Not a problem if you want to see it using the other.

BillyB

I noticed that as well, it sucks in a lot at the hips. Outside of that, it looks pretty sharp. I think there was a website called tinyzippers.com that had some very small-scale zippers.

Anyway, keep us updated! I know I'm interested in pricing on this one :D

I for one would be interested to see the outfit displayed on a Dragon body. I'm also good on the possibility of the smaller black zipper that would need to be painted silver.

Thanks BillyB ! That outfit looks great ! I agree with the comments about the zipper, but I'm sure that it is nothing that you can't overcome.

I'd love to see the outfit on a Dragon body as that is what I'll be using also. Excellent work !

Back