MAD MAX/ROAD WARRIOR Customs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: MAD MAX/ROAD WARRIOR Thread

Posted this in my custom thread, but I thought it might serve as a "little" inspiration...

Here is a 1/18th version I've been working on... Still need to work out the leg brace, but I'm happy with the results so far.

MaxandMisterScary010.jpg

Very nice! I want to make an 18th scale Max too, for my AA Interceptor. Can you give a brief step-by-step?

Anyone heard from BillyB ? I'm just about ready to put this one away in a box as I can't progress any further without the shoulder pad / legbrace kit and leathers. :(

Anyone heard from BillyB ? I'm just about ready to put this one away in a box as I can't progress any further without the shoulder pad / legbrace kit and leathers. :(

i hear ya...........i have a max head & a red skull head just sitting here at my computer desk staring at me...............kinda creepy...:google

the max head is a painted one from spenser
the red skull is a custom i did myself

I finally got the head where I am happy with it. :banana

Thank,
Ryan

max-h.jpg

That's some great work there Ryan ! All it needs now is a body to go on and you're all set ! Have to ask, where did you get that head it looks pretty good ?

Very nice! I want to make an 18th scale Max too, for my AA Interceptor. Can you give a brief step-by-step?

Sure..
Head is from a Crimson Empire Star Wars figure (repainted)

Upper torso, left arm, right shoulder are from an IJ Mutt Williams figure

Right arm from shoulder down is from IJ mUtt w/o jacket

Pelvis legs from Han Solo

Boot bottoms (feet) from Mutt

Hands, pouches, straps from BBI SWAT figures

Had to heat up and glue the jacket down

Slapped him together and dirtied him up

I know there are a lot of new RW heads out there, so here's another one. I recently had a Mad Max Road Warrior battle damaged head commission finished. Chris Howes was the sculptor and I think he did a fantastic job with it. He also added a skin texture to it so it should really make it more lifelike. I hope to have a painted picture up in a week or two.

Last edited:

WOW ! That's the best I've seen ! Wish I had one like that ! ( but without the swollen eye )

Great work Chris !

Sure..
Head is from a Crimson Empire Star Wars figure (repainted)

Upper torso, left arm, right shoulder are from an IJ Mutt Williams figure

Right arm from shoulder down is from IJ mUtt w/o jacket

Pelvis legs from Han Solo

Boot bottoms (feet) from Mutt

Hands, pouches, straps from BBI SWAT figures

Had to heat up and glue the jacket down

Slapped him together and dirtied him up

Thanks Saintsyn! Your recipe is so simple that it's brilliant! You know why? I actually have a BBI SWAT figure from a few years ago and a Mutt Williams and I didn't even consider his outfit! Well, correction, my son has a Mutt Williams, so I wonder how he'd react when it goes missing? :rotfl

What is it with you, Paul? Why don't you like the swollen eye? Even your avatar has the swollen eye. :lol

:lol I'm not saying that I don't like the swollen eye, I just prefer his look pre-car crash ! I'm planning to display him with a dog ( when I find one ) as he was at the beginning of the movie. However if I was lucky enough to get a headsculpt just like this one I wouldn't complain !

As for my avatar , it was the best picture I could find that I liked ! :lol

WOW ! That's the best I've seen ! Wish I had one like that ! ( but without the swollen eye )

Great work Chris !

Thank You very much! I do try, I do try...:D

I've sculpted dozens upon dozens of animals for Safari Ltd., so I'm a pretty good critter sculptor. If anyone does want Max's dog like you mentioned, Paul, let me know and maybe we can work something out. What breed is that anyway? Check out a small sample of my animals in my Portfolio at CHowes.com. Just click on "Animals" on the left.

I know there are a lot of new RW heads out there, so here's another one. I recently had a Mad Max Road Warrior battle damaged head commission finished. Chris Howes was the sculptor and I think he did a fantastic job with it. He also added a skin texture to it so it should really make it more lifelike. I hope to have a painted picture up in a week or two.

Hey, I had a good time working on Max, you were great to work with. Excellent eye! I'm pretty happy with the outcome, too.

Can't wait to see how he paints up! I hope that skin texture enhances things.

I still think this is the one of the best Mel Gibson sculpts out there. It is from a garage kit of Max from the first film, so its a little to young and clean for a Road Warrior custom, but I'm sure those with talent for such things could weather it up and fix the hair to be more like Mel in Road Warrior. I'm trying to pick up two more of these, one for RW and one for a lethal Weapon custom. The other sculpts I have seen posted on this thread look great, but for now this is the one I prefer. I'm anxious to see what kind of outfit becomes available for this.

https://www.thesculptorscorner.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=5241

Your Max looks great Saintsyn! Just "weather" his clothing and gear, and add a touch of gray hair in his hair on the sides. I'd also give him a few nicks and cuts on his arms and face. I'll get mine made someday! I still want a kit from you sometime BillyB! I'm sorry I'm so broke, and can't pay you for it right now. :eek:

Very nice work, Saint! I'm hoping my head turns out that nice when I get around to painting it :) What jacket are you using on Max?

Back