MAD MAX/ROAD WARRIOR Customs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: MAD MAX/ROAD WARRIOR Thread

BillyB , would it be possible to reduce the size of the back part of the collar ? It could be my eyes ( just finished working an 11 hour day its late here in the UK ) but it looks a bit on the big side.

maxcollar.jpg

I'm looking again at your photos as I like your suit a lot ! :)

Yes, keep in mind that this one was really just a test for me to see if the material would work or not. I didn't have a pattern to work off of, just a few various pieces to help me out. Collar does need to come in a bit as well as the sleeve lengthened just a little and the pants can be let out a little so that it doesn't look like he's smugglin plums down there.:lol
I'm going to be out of town for the rest of the week for work, but when I get back, I'll work up a second set with the other zipper and see what everyone likes or wants before ordering more zippers. I'll also work up an estimated price. I want to keep it as low as possible for everyone.

BillyB

BillyB , would it be possible to reduce the size of the back part of the collar ? It could be my eyes ( just finished working an 11 hour day its late here in the UK ) but it looks a bit on the big side.

maxcollar.jpg

I'm looking again at your photos as I like your suit a lot ! :)

Hi BillyB. It's been a long time since we last talked about your Mad Max Road Warrior kit, but I still want one from you. There's just too many cool customs going on on this board that I want now. Shawn's Newt kit, Ghostbusters custom heads and proton packs, and so on. Lots of great stuff happening on this board for sure. Please send me a PM with your price again for the Road Warrior gear set, with Max's shotgun. Are you also making the outfit for sale now too? I'm sorry I've been "out of the loop" on this thread for a while. Please PM me and let me know all the details. Thanks again! :D

Mike Buckley

Yes, keep in mind that this one was really just a test for me to see if the material would work or not. I didn't have a pattern to work off of, just a few various pieces to help me out. Collar does need to come in a bit as well as the sleeve lengthened just a little and the pants can be let out a little so that it doesn't look like he's smugglin plums down there.:lol
I'm going to be out of town for the rest of the week for work, but when I get back, I'll work up a second set with the other zipper and see what everyone likes or wants before ordering more zippers. I'll also work up an estimated price. I want to keep it as low as possible for everyone.

BillyB

Thanks Billy, I didn't mean to make it sound like a criticism , I certainly don't have the talent for things like that.

Well, watched this again today, just wondering where everyone is with their figure ?

EVILFACE, did you manage to get any pictures of your brass hook for the binoculars ? I'd love to know how you did it too please? :)

Spenser, Spenser, Spenser.... My 'real hair' Max head came in the mail today... All I could keep saying was "Wow! Wow!! Wow!!!" :horror :banana Superlative work!!!! My husband's out of town with the digital camera, just my luck, but when he gets back I'll take pics and try to post them.

And again I say: Wow. :clap

Thank you!! :peace

No worries at all. Without constructive criticism, there's no room to learn or improve on anything.

Thanks Billy, I didn't mean to make it sound like a criticism , I certainly don't have the talent for things like that.

Hi BillyB. It's been a long time since we last talked about your Mad Max Road Warrior kit, but I still want one from you. There's just too many cool customs going on on this board that I want now. Shawn's Newt kit, Ghostbusters custom heads and proton packs, and so on. Lots of great stuff happening on this board for sure. Please send me a PM with your price again for the Road Warrior gear set, with Max's shotgun. Are you also making the outfit for sale now too? I'm sorry I've been "out of the loop" on this thread for a while. Please PM me and let me know all the details. Thanks again! :D

I'm def interested in the kit too--and with so many great projects going on here--it's hard to keep up. :duh

Anyone any more progress ? I've hit a wall with mine ( not literally ! ) and need some inspiration !

The current excitement with the Joker seems to have stolen Max's recent thunder here...

My sculpt should be painted soon and then I'll be ready to really get moving on this project.

I'm still curious how the new Billy B outfit is coming along and when Billy will be offering them up, if he will.

If not, I may have to go with the Saturday Toyz Biker outfit if I can find one. Most people got it for their Terminator but I think it could work for Max.

In any event, I definitely need a Billy B kit.

Also, anyone making accessories like the big wrench, the can of dog food and the spoon?

Thanks Greg. I hope BillyB does offer the suits up for sale. I couldn't sew if my life depended on it . I'm hoping to get his accessories and a full leather outfit all together.

Posted this in my custom thread, but I thought it might serve as a "little" inspiration...

Here is a 1/18th version I've been working on... Still need to work out the leg brace, but I'm happy with the results so far.

MaxandMisterScary010.jpg

MaxandMisterScary011.jpg

MaxandMisterScary012.jpg

MaxandMisterScary020.jpg

Looking Good ! 1/18 ... makes me think that you've got a nice set of wheels for him too ? I'm sure that EVILFACE willl appreciate these too, he made some great figures in this scale also.

Nicely done, thanks for sharing ! :) And it was certainly inspiring, I've modded a pair of boots today and made a nice little brass hook for a new belt I've made. I've re-done my gloved hands to reduce the size of the gloves . I'm about to start work on a head for my Max as I haven't seen one I like that is available . just made some more screengrabs and have noticed that Mel's noggin is a bit on the big side too !

I finally got motivated to get back to working on my Max custom is started a while back. Here he is at like 75% or. Next step finished painting the head, then weather th hell out of him :)

Thanks,
Ryan

max.jpg

Hmm I didn't know Max was played by Frank Stallone :rotfl

Back