Maisto's Custom Accessories and Private Commissions

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Maisto's -Joel Last Of Us -Leather Holster,Wood Bow/Arrows,Pipe, Flamethrower-

It's a different bow actually, the rear section behind the curve of the bow isn't that dark color it's actually all uniform to the curve wood color.

I'll look into it. Thanks...

Re: Maisto's -Joel Last Of Us -Leather Holster,Wood Bow/Arrows,Pipe, Flamethrower-

Ellie's bow is similar to Joels but it does vary in color and size a bit. Her arrows are different also. I will work on getting her bow made if there is any interest. Anyone interested in Ellie's Bow.

If I could make a suggestion. Both bows don't really come to a V shape and are more shaped like this.

x6bcw4.jpg

If I could make a suggestion. Both bows don't really come to a V shape and are more shaped like this.

Yeah I made a prototype early on straight like that but it didn't look natural when placed in the hands of the figure. I made the bow appear slightly pulled back to make it more natural in the hand. Maybe I should make 2 different ones, one relaxed to fit better in the backpack and one pulled back for the hand. I see what you mean though.

Maybe I didn't understand the V shape thing Tony. The bows in the Last of Us are a bit odd. What part on my bow is the V shape?

Bowl.jpg

DSC04787.JPG

What I mean is the Arch section that the draw string is attached to. It doesn't hook backward much at all, and is more like the shape of the photo I posted. It's more straight from top to bottom with a slight curve. I've noticed this when it's on Joel's backpack since it's not thicker than the backpack since the arch doesn't protrude beyond it.

Hopefully you can see what I mean in this vid after Joel picks it up and it goes on his backpack.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhND1ksKY9I[/ame]

Yeah I think I got what you mean. It would fit in the backpack better if it were straight up and down. Like I said below I would have to make 2 separate bows one for the backpack and one for the hand. I'll have to look into it more. Thanks for the suggestion.

I can pretty easily make a bow straight for the backpack along with the original tensioned one. If anyone wants the bow let me know which you would like.

I'd like the backpack version. :duff

Ok I got you down. It's funny you bring that up. As I said before the first prototype I made was straight but when I would pose the figure with it in shooting position it didn't look tensioned, so I arched it a bit on the final version. I should have made both to begin with.:slap

Yeah that's the thing. I'd like to have it in his hand but not in a drawn position :lol

With this version I can have it that way, and displayed on his backpack.

Yeah that's the thing. I'd like to have it in his hand but not in a drawn position :lol

With this version I can have it that way, and displayed on his backpack.

Yeah that makes sense. I'll make that up with the others.

Same price for the backpack version as the previous version?

It would be nice if it could be less expensive but it is the same size as the other bow and takes the same amount of time to make. So yes it will be the same price.

UPDATE: Ok I'll admit it, sawing wood bows by hand really does suck! The replacement part to my scroll saw cannot come quick enough! I'm going to need to take a break from these bows for a while. Well maybe not!;)

:hi5:Saw is back in business. I should have the Bow sets finished this week! That includes the untensioned bow...:clap:clap:clap

Is there any chance you might exchange a tensioned bow for an untensioned one? :) If not, is anyone interested in trading? :pray:

Is there any chance you might exchange a tensioned bow for an untensioned one? :) If not, is anyone interested in trading? :pray:

I've been thinking that I might be able to offer a discounted price on the untensioned bow for those who have already purchased the first bow and those who purchase them together.:)

Back