Man of Steel (SPOILERS)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Man of Steel

hey there are more details on supes!

Spoiler Spoiler:

:wink1:

Extras are just background people that exist only to create ambience. "Featured extras" are people in the foreground, meant to be noticed and who may even interact with the "actors", but without any lines of actual dialogue.

Calling an actor a "featured extra" instead of "actor without dialogue" allows the studio to pay them less money. :)

Here we go again, enjoy!

attachment.php

attachment.php

Spoiler Spoiler:

Kinda sux that the cape is so long and will be dragging on the floor behind him

When I ask please don't take this personal. Why the dislike on the S in the back. I'm fine with it either way.

i find it unnecessary

Much has been made of the fact that the "Superman Returns" costume doesn't have an "S" on the cape. The fact is that this hasn't always been a feature of the costume.There was no "S" on the cape in the original comics drawn by Joe Shuster, nor in the Fleischer Superman cartoons, nor in "Superman: The Animated Series", and not in "Justice League" or "Justice League Unlimited" cartoons.

i find it unnecessary

Much has been made of the fact that the "Superman Returns" costume doesn't have an "S" on the cape. The fact is that this hasn't always been a feature of the costume.There was no "S" on the cape in the original comics drawn by Joe Shuster, nor in the Fleischer Superman cartoons, nor in "Superman: The Animated Series", and not in "Justice League" or "Justice League Unlimited" cartoons.

I see your point. What I do like about the S on the back of the cape. It finishes it off nicely. The cape that is. It's not just a red cape. I'm fine with it either way. I can't wait for this movie. Thanks for the reply.

That long of a cape is more dramatic but not functional. Bruce uses the cape as an intimidation tactic, to hide, to create a presence. For Superman it's the equivalent of a spoiler on the back of a car. Just like a huge spoiler on the back of a car looks stupid, a long cape on Superman has that same effect but it's not ultimately the biggest deal breaker in terms of watching a Superhero flick. I'm sure it'll be CGI'd smaller when it needs be.

I dunno, I kinda like the extra long cape. It suggests more royalty, power, and weight than a shorter one. But it does scream impractical. However given that he is Superman, I doubt a long cape would bother him much.

That long of a cape is more dramatic but not functional. Bruce uses the cape as an intimidation tactic, to hide, to create a presence. For Superman it's the equivalent of a spoiler on the back of a car. Just like a huge spoiler on the back of a car looks stupid, a long cape on Superman has that same effect but it's not ultimately the biggest deal breaker in terms of watching a Superhero flick. I'm sure it'll be CGI'd smaller when it needs be.

The whole concept of a cape on Supes could be boiled down to what you said. It's useless, but it's an aesthetic choice. Whether it's long or short is redundant, as the fact that he's a bulletproof super-powered demigod means that his need for a cape at all is to be compared to that of a spoiler on a car.

The 300 style is absolutely, unequivocally, 100% ____ing wrong for Superman. Watchmen, from a stylistic perspective, didn't do much for me good or bad. It mimicked the comic well enough. And that's probably fine for Superman, but I wouldn't say he is "just right" for any Superman that I am really familiar with based on the films I've seen of his.

with both 300 and watchmen, snyder was very faithful to the source material. i think he'll do the same with this one.

Had a dream last night that Snyder was fired off the film half way through filming. Studio execs weren't happy with the footage.:horror

I want the "S" on the cape, otherwise it's just another cape IMO.

Back