Man of Steel (SPOILERS)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Man of Steel

Supes looked pretty interesting to me. I will be making an appearance in the theater for sure.

Supes looked pretty interesting to me. I will be making an appearance in the theater for sure.

Looks good so far, though all i've seen are pics & posters :lol

That's WAY too different!:rolleyes2 Now that's what I call the "untold story" :lol

While they may have cut alot of the untold stuff, it's no where near a carbon copy if the raimi one.

A brief synopsis of the trailer.

Superman returned to San Diego Comic-Con on Saturday when Warner Bros. gave the Hall H crowd their first look at Man of Steel. The reboot is directed by Zack Snyder, executive produced by Christopher Nolan, scripted by David Goyer and features an all-star cast, including Immortals' Henry Cavill as Kal-El/Clark Kent. Snyder and Cavill were there to promote the film.

Snyder showed the new trailer, which debuts with next week's release of The Dark Knight Rises. The trailer has a sort of Batman Begins vibe to it, a heightened sense of reality that allows the fantastical elements to really stand out.

The trailer began with an almost Tree of Life-style series of shots: grass, an overturned toy wagon, a farmhouse. We see Clark with a bag over his shoulder walking towards the wilderness (it had a First Blood feel to it). There's dialogue from Cavill's Clark Kent, Russell Crowe's Jor-El, and Kevin Costner's Pa Kent that recall the fear of human beings to what they don't understand. We see how the world would really react to a superhuman alien revealing himself to the world. There's a quick series of shots of Jor-El, Amy Adams' Lois Lane kissing Superman, and Michael Shannon's General Zod (not that Snyder would confirm that).

The stirring music was particularly effective in selling the solemnity and majesty of the piece. We see young Clark playing in his backyard with a red towel around his neck as a cape and later saving classmates in a school bus accident. We also see him finding the Kryptonian space ship in his parents' barn. We see Clark "meeting" Jor-El in the Fortress of Solitude, and even a glimpse of The Daily Planet as Clark gets into an elevator and puts on his glasses. And, obviously, some cool aerial stuff of Superman in battle, soaring through the sky and walking across the clouds like, well, Jesus across water. There's a very Alex Ross feel to the whole thing. The trailer ends with Clark saying something along the lines of "My father always said people would reject me if they found out who I really was. We find out now if they will."

Cavill said he looked at comics like the Death of Superman, the Return of Superman and Red Son for his inspiration. Oddly enough, no mention was made of Birthright, which seems to be the biggest influence on the movie. Snyder was asked if he thought that with Man of Steel if this would lead to a JLA or Batman vs. Superman movie and he replied that once Superman, which he called DC's crown jewel, gets his house in order "anything is possible."

The teaser poster featuring Cavill in shadow was also revealed at SDCC. Man of Steel opens June 14, 2013.

https://www.ign.com/articles/2012/07/14/comic-con-man-of-steel-soars-into-hall-h

I'm okay with Hans Zimmer taking over. He'll at least give the score some emotion.

So this will be the first unique piece among his library of drab? :lol

You've heard wrong :lecture

Given you're a superfan, I'll take that with a grain of salt (i.e. calling BS). ASM already has a major blemish against it due to the fact that Uncle Ben never utters the single most important line in Spider-Man lore and arguably one of the most important lines in superherodom. :monkey1

I enjoyed The Dark Knights Score, I thought it was a step up from Batman Begins.

Granted, but it sounds like a bunch of other soundtracks and hardly screams "BATMAN THEME!" That's one thing I like about Elfman's score from the Burton films. It screamed Batman so much that the animated series didn't even need titles in the intro. You heard the music and knew it was Batman.

Really, no. Your post was what made no sense...

You're a master at ignoring the parts of an argument that you have no comeback for. I can't wait to see what you do with this post.

Was it? I thought he acted just like Superman/Clark, from being Clark at the office, to stuttering when saying "hello" to Lois on the plane after rescuing her. :dunno

Superman the stocker? Superman the drinker? Right.

I think you're mixing this up with Spider-Man 2. His powers were all perfectly intact. He saves the shuttle, catches the plane, looks through Lois to see her lungs, etc.

So he's able to lift that whole island, which is made of Kryptonite, while he still has a small piece of Kryptonite inside of him? Right.

Because he had a piece of kryptonite inside of him.

Same as above.

Lois pulled it out on the plane and tossed it into the ocean. Did you miss/forget that part?

In your hast to point out another person's flaw you've once again missed a major detail. Yes, she pulled out most of it, but the doctor removed a small shard in the hospital. It's right there clear as day. I guess you should pay better attention to detail. Maybe some glasses would help your poor eye sight.

Because at the end of Superman II, Clark erased her memory, hence, she'd have zero idea she boinked him. Or did you miss/forget that part too?

Which is even more idiotic then her not being able to figure out who the kid's father is because that's not one of Superman powers. So again, his powers are out of whack.

Happens all the time when mobs/gangs have witnesses murdered. You do realize this, right?

Mobs and gangs or a super villain who tried to sink half of California in the ocean? Some how I don't think that's on an even keel. They would have locked him up forever.

To people who know what they're talking about, yes, absolutely. :huh

Which woudn't be you because you can't even remember important details about the film.

Last edited:

That's WAY too different!:rolleyes2 Now that's what I call the "untold story" :lol

Actually it is quite different and it was done better. TASM is not the best Spiderman film, but it improved on a great many things and got me interested in Spidey again.

Uncle Ben picks up a loaded gun from a guy who had no intention of using it.

Yeah. That solidified what kind of movie this was.

- Spider-man opens with peter going on a bus to a field trip.

AMS opens with peters parents leaving, and in present time him going to school

- Spider-man has him get bitten at the field trip and discovering his powers at school

ASM has him discover his fathers research and then sneak into oscorp to meet Dr connors and gets bitten

- Spider-man has Norman Osborn test a strength formula on himself

ASM has him discover his powers On the subway and then at home

- Spider-man has him become a wrestler to earn money

ASM has him work in a lab with Dr. Connors

COMPLETELY DIFFERENT SCENES & STRUCTURE

The only thing even remotely similar is the company Oscorp, the Spider bite snd that theres a high school.

Sans the opening scene....

-Peter goes to school, gets bullied.

Peter goes to school, and gets bullied.

-Peter goes home to his aunt and uncle, working on ____, and bickering like old people.

Peter goes home to his aunt and uncle, working on ____, and bickering like old people. But he finds a suitcase and cries.

-Peter meets the villain when he's nice.

Peter meets the villain when he's nice.

-Peter goes to a science building.

Peter goes to a science building.

-Peter gets bitten in that science building by accident.

Peter gets bit because he's nosy.

-Peter sleeps, and now has powers.

Peter sleeps, and now has powers...on a train.

-Peter discovers his powers in ally ways, and his room.

Peter discovers his powers in ally ways and his room.

-Conners is going to get fired if he doesn't test the serum.

Osborne is going to get fired if he doesn't test the serum.

-Uncle Ben and Peter have an argument.

Uncle Ben and Peter have an argument.

-Peter goes to get milk.

Peter goes to Rassal' for money.

-Clerk pisses off Peter, and won't let him use the money he has.

Douchy wrestler guy pisses off Pete and won't give him money.

-Robber steals money from the register in a very casual, and non threatening way.

Robber steals the money with a gun to the guy's face.

-Robber helps Pete by giving him milk. So Pete lets him go. Cuz the guy stiffed him for 2 cents.

Robber doesn't help Pete, but he lets him go, cuz the guy stiffed him for 2,900 bucks.

-Robber tripped, and lost his gun (Big difference here!!), and Uncle Ben picks it up, and fights someone with a loaded pistol. He gets shot, and dies on the spot. But he knows who he is.

Robber at some point kills Uncle Ben, and Spider-Man doesn't know who.

-He hunts for the Robber.

He hunts for the Robber.

-He doesn't find the Robber.

He finds the Robber.

-He becomes Spider-Man to be a vigilante.

He becomes Spider-Man because he now knows what it means to be a hero.

-Connors tests the serum on himself.

Osborne tests the serum on himself (happened earlier...but whatever)

Spider-Man saves people from burning things.

-Conners has two personalities and talks to himself.

Osborn has two personalities and talks to himself.

-Connors finds out who Peter Parker is.

Osborne finds out who Peter Parker is.

-Connors wants to turn people into Lizards.

Osborne wants to ____ with Spidey, because he's a ____. Different character motivations now.

Anyhoo, the final battle isn't much like the Raimi first film. Except towards the end....kinda

-New Yorkers help Spidey in a time of dire need.

New Yorkers help Spidey in a time of need.

I would say, the end is more like Spidey 2....so we're going there for a second.

-Connors plan is thwarted, and reverts back to his self due to the serum hitting him.

Doc Ock's plan is thwarted, and reverts back to his-self due to getting electrocuted. And getting talked too.

Connors gets talked too earlier.

Anyway, back to Spidey 1.

-Peter Parker's best friend's dad dies, and they have a funeral for him.

Peter Parker's -Peter Parker's best friend's dad dies, and they have a funeral for him.

-Gwen Stacy wanted Peter to be there, so she could tell him she loves him.

Mary Jane wanted to tell Peter she loved him. She was there. \

-Gwen confronts Peter, and Peter says "No, it's a bad idea. I made a promise to your dead dad, even though you know i'm Spidey".

Mary Jane confronts Peter, and Peter says "No, it's a bad idea. I made a promise to myself. You saw the ____ that happened, even though you don't know i'm Spidey."

-Peter says yes at the end.

Peter says no at the end.

-Who am I? I'm Spider-Man.

Who am I? I'm Spider-Man

-Swing till the credits.

Swing till the credits.

Same ____ing movie. I don't care what anyone says. :lol

Celtic, don't forget that Spidey took his mask of in pretty much the same scenes too.

So he's able to lift that whole island, which is made of Kryptonite, while he still has a small piece of Kryptonite inside of him? Right.

Like a hero, Superman gave his all and then fell to Earth. :dunno

The teaser sounds to be really cool! :D

Celtic, I knew you absolutely loved ASM. But do you really feel the need to bring that love up in completely off topic, different threads?

:lol

winter-is-coming-meme-generator-brace-yourself-wall-of-text-is-coming-0b44c5.jpg

I love it so much, I want the world to know how much I love it, and then I want to force my love onto their faces. :lol

Sans the opening scene....

-Peter goes to school, gets bullied.

Peter goes to school, and gets bullied.

-Peter goes home to his aunt and uncle, working on ____, and bickering like old people.

Peter goes home to his aunt and uncle, working on ____, and bickering like old people. But he finds a suitcase and cries.

-Peter meets the villain when he's nice.

Peter meets the villain when he's nice.

-Peter goes to a science building.

Peter goes to a science building.

-Peter gets bitten in that science building by accident.

Peter gets bit because he's nosy.

-Peter sleeps, and now has powers.

Peter sleeps, and now has powers...on a train.

-Peter discovers his powers in ally ways, and his room.

Peter discovers his powers in ally ways and his room.

-Conners is going to get fired if he doesn't test the serum.

Osborne is going to get fired if he doesn't test the serum.

-Uncle Ben and Peter have an argument.

Uncle Ben and Peter have an argument.

-Peter goes to get milk.

Peter goes to Rassal' for money.

-Clerk pisses off Peter, and won't let him use the money he has.

Douchy wrestler guy pisses off Pete and won't give him money.

-Robber steals money from the register in a very casual, and non threatening way.

Robber steals the money with a gun to the guy's face.

-Robber helps Pete by giving him milk. So Pete lets him go. Cuz the guy stiffed him for 2 cents.

Robber doesn't help Pete, but he lets him go, cuz the guy stiffed him for 2,900 bucks.

-Robber tripped, and lost his gun (Big difference here!!), and Uncle Ben picks it up, and fights someone with a loaded pistol. He gets shot, and dies on the spot. But he knows who he is.

Robber at some point kills Uncle Ben, and Spider-Man doesn't know who.

-He hunts for the Robber.

He hunts for the Robber.

-He doesn't find the Robber.

He finds the Robber.

-He becomes Spider-Man to be a vigilante.

He becomes Spider-Man because he now knows what it means to be a hero.

-Connors tests the serum on himself.

Osborne tests the serum on himself (happened earlier...but whatever)

-Conners has two personalities and talks to himself.

Osborn has two personalities and talks to himself.

-Connors finds out who Peter Parker is.

Osborne finds out who Peter Parker is.

-Connors wants to turn people into Lizards.

Osborne wants to ____ with Spidey, because he's a ____. Different character motivations now.

Anyhoo, the final battle isn't much like the Raimi first film. Except towards the end....kinda

-New Yorkers help Spidey in a time of dire need.

New Yorkers help Spidey in a time of need.

I would say, the end is more like Spidey 2....so we're going there for a second.

-Connors plan is thwarted, and reverts back to his self due to the serum hitting him.

Doc Ock's plan is thwarted, and reverts back to his-self due to getting electrocuted. And getting talked too.

Connors gets talked too earlier.

Anyway, back to Spidey 1.

-Peter Parker's best friend's dad dies, and they have a funeral for him.

Peter Parker's -Peter Parker's best friend's dad dies, and they have a funeral for him.

-Gwen Stacy wanted Peter to be there, so she could tell him she loves him.

Mary Jane wanted to tell Peter she loved him. She was there. \

-Gwen confronts Peter, and Peter says "No, it's a bad idea. I made a promise to your dead dad, even though you know i'm Spidey".

Mary Jane confronts Peter, and Peter says "No, it's a bad idea. I made a promise to myself. You saw the ____ that happened, even though you don't know i'm Spidey."

-Peter says yes at the end.

Peter says no at the end.

-Who am I? I'm Spider-Man.

Who am I? I'm Spider-Man

-Swing till the credits.

Swing till the credits.

Same ____ing movie. I don't care what anyone says. :lol

Celtic you should seek help bud
dont be ashamed, there is nothing to be afraid of, there is help available for people like yyour condition :1-1:

It's called _____ing about useless stuff on the internet. It's what it was created for brah.

:D

damn man here to. Celtic will you shut up about asm. lol. its batman time now.

Back