Man of Steel (SPOILERS)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Man of Steel

The Plane scene in "Returns" was cool.

Despite SR to be a bad movie, the plane rescue should be one of the most iconic and cool rescues in CBM ever! right behind 1978 Supes Lois rescue!

Despite SR to be a bad movie, the plane rescue should be one of the most iconic and cool rescues in CBM ever! right behind 1978 Supes Lois rescue!

That scene in Imax 3D was incredible, first time seeing Superman flying with modern special effects (teased by WB with Neo in the Matrix movies).

Then there was the rest of the movie. :lol

Routh was just too wimpy of a man as Superman.

Last edited:

not gonna watch it not gonna watch it not gonna watch it not gonna watch it not gonna watch it not gonna watch it not gonna watch it not gonna watch it not gonna watch it not gonna watch it not gonna watch it not gonna watch it not gonna watch it not gonna watch it not gonna watch it not gonna watch it untill I see Batman this weeken.

Sounds like Zimmer alright. I like his work, still need to see the film before I decide if I like it for Superman though.

Thank you for posting that! This looks absolutely amazing!!! The soundtrack sounds brilliant. :clap Is that the same trailer that will be shown before the Dark Knight Rises?

Snyder said it's different to what is attached to TDKR.

But other sources claim it is the same Teaser as the one attached to TDKR, but just extended a bit (extra 30-40 seconds).

Sounds like Zimmer alright. I like his work, still need to see the film before I decide if I like it for Superman though.

Everyone keeps missing this:

The music attached to the footage shown at SDCC was Hans Zimmer's track from the 'The Thin Red Line', called 'Journey to the End of The Line'.

I imagine he's very early the scoring process for MoS at the moment.

The chosen track was perfect though and i'd love for Zimmer's MoS score to take on that sort of tone.

:exactly: Couldn't agree more. :lecture

I truly thought Parker Posey was wasted - she would've made an excellent Lois for my money. She's a great character actor, & has that great mix of quirk & focus, that somewhat mirrors Margot Kidder's portrayal - which also keeps in context with Singer's intent to make the connection to the earlier films. I'm a fan of SR - but as mentioned, certain key elements & the execution were lacking..

I just watched that 3-parter on the previous page - thanks for that nintenjoe! :hi5:

:goodpost: Parker Posey would have been great as Lois. One of my first thoughts after seeing the movie.

:lol

he wasn't the man of steel, he was more like man of cute tight undies to make Bryan Singer very happy. :lol
Just when you thought your franchise was immune to the Schumacher effect...

I bet the actual Superman theme doesn't sound much different from 'the thin red line' considering Zimmer's nack for ripping himself off.

Hopefully we hear the same motif's Zimmer used with Mufasa and Simba from the Lion King for Jor El and Clark Kent.

I bet the actual Superman theme doesn't sound much different from 'the thin red line' considering Zimmer's nack for ripping himself off.

Hopefully we hear the same motif's Zimmer used with Mufasa and Simba from the Lion King for Jor El and Clark Kent.

:exactly::exactly::exactly:

God damn, that trailer gave me chills, and I could barely see what was going on.

Was waiting all Comic Con to see this and it didn't disappoint - I wonder what the girl I'm taking will think of me as a tear up during the previews during TDK and this comes on!

Won't ever have it.

exactly.gif

I know this. But it still needs it!

But it aint happening, so...........

(looking forward to seeing the footage at TDKR)

Back