Man of Steel (SPOILERS)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Man of Steel

I'm as big a fan of Williams as there is here, probably the biggest.

But I feel Superman needs some fresh blood. I mean, before Elfman, no one could imagine a Batman without that 60's da-da da-da da-da duh... then it became hard to imagine a Batman without the big Elfman score. I find the Nolan scores utterly forgettable, and time will prove me right, but that's another story.

:horror:horror:horror

*runs to tell void

I think it would be cool to use JW just for the opening credits. Leave the rest of it alone i guess.

But whatever eff it. Not happening so don't care anymore.

I'm as big a fan of Williams as there is here, probably the biggest.

But I feel Superman needs some fresh blood. I mean, before Elfman, no one could imagine a Batman without that 60's da-da da-da da-da duh... then it became hard to imagine a Batman without the big Elfman score. I find the Nolan scores utterly forgettable, and time will prove me right, but that's another story.

How can you find music like this forgettable?
[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZst_2xJHAI[/ame]

Elfman's is good, but for me this is more Epic.

I think it would be cool to use JW just for the opening credits. Leave the rest of it alone i guess.

Or have Zimmer put his own take on it like Ottman did with Returns.

How can you find music like this forgettable?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZst_2xJHAI

Elfman's is good, but for me this is more Epic.

It's not "forgettable," but it's pretty generic (eveny within the context of Zimmer's own work) and pales in comparison to Elfman's theme.

The Williams music is perfect - if that's possible. :)

I was watching the 'making of' JAWS the other night, & it really is remarkable how the man knows just what to compose to compliment the subject matter. Spielberg said that half the success of JAWS should be attributed to the score. Wow..

The original Star Wars score is absolutely magnificent - Lucas even said that it was the only thing about the film that went beyond his expectations! :cool:

Getting back to MOS though.. I have reservations about Russell Crowe playing Jor-El. I guess I should give him a chance..

Last edited:

The Williams music is perfect - if that's possible. :)

I was watching the 'making of' JAWS the other night, & it really is remarkable how the man knows just what to compose to compliment the subject matter. Spielberg said that half the success of JAWS should be attributed to the score. Wow..

The original Star Wars score is absolutely magnificent - Lucas even said that it was the only thing about the film that went beyond his expectations! :cool:

Getting back to MOS though.. I have reservations about Russell Crowe playing Jor-El. I guess I should give him a chance..

I actually thought that was brilliant casting. :dunno

I agree with Void in the sense that Lois is supposed to be really smart and driven/ambitious, and those characteristics should outweigh the fact that Lois is a looker, which seems to be the biggest thing that Adams brings to the table. But we'll see. Say what you will about Margot Kidder, she came off as a realistic career-oriented newswoman.

I agree with Void in the sense that Lois is supposed to be really smart and driven/ambitious, and those characteristics should outweigh the fact that Lois is a looker, which seems to be the biggest thing that Adams brings to the table. But we'll see. Say what you will about Margot Kidder, she came off as a realistic career-oriented newswoman.

While looking like a Cave Troll. :dunno

Back