Man of Steel (SPOILERS)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Man of Steel

didnt njoy erica as lois in smallville, but then the series was really poor after once clark finished high school, i just wished theyd stop the series there and not moved to metropolis.just draggin it and spoiling the show with infinite number of bloopers and continuity blunders

Or have Zimmer put his own take on it like Ottman did with Returns.

It's not "forgettable," but it's pretty generic (eveny within the context of Zimmer's own work) and pales in comparison to Elfman's theme.

Suggesting it's generic means it could go with anything and would not remind you of Batman, to which I totally disagree.

Smallville had its ups and downs. There are some really good episodes in there ... and there are some really bad ones. I actually thought it got better in the last few seasons, though.

Durance is the best on screen Lois Lane, though. Kidder was obnoxious ... never could figure why Superman liked her when she was such a twit to Clark. Bosworth was out of her league. Hatcher was alright, I guess. The lady from the Reeves show was good, if a bit screechy. But, I thought Durance hit all the right notes -- pretty, feisty, but not obnoxious.

Really looking forward to Amy Adams. She seems like a good fit.

SnakeDoc

Is Lois Lane supposed to be an intellectual? She's a reporter ... not a professor.

She's supposed to be good at her job -- feisty, pushy, clever -- but I never got the feeling she was supposed to be a MENSA member. Were Hatcher or Kidder supposed to be geniuses? If they were, they didn't come off that way.

SnakeDoc

Is Lois Lane supposed to be an intellectual? She's a reporter ... not a professor.

She's supposed to be good at her job -- feisty, pushy, clever -- but I never got the feeling she was supposed to be a MENSA member. Were Hatcher or Kidder supposed to be geniuses? If they were, they didn't come off that way.

SnakeDoc

She's supposed to be smart. Not a ditz. But, as usual, thanks for drama queening. :wave

Amy Adams is more than up to the task. Surely you people watched Fighter and that's not even her best performance.

Seen The Fighter and a bunch of her films, she's a really good actress, but that doesn't necessarily make it a good casting.

I'm not worried, just think if I were to choose one cast member that I was unsure about, it would be her.

I'd rank her performances as Junebug, The Fighter, Sunshine Cleaning, Doubt, Julie & Julia, Ms. Petigrew Lives For a Day, all the rest.

She'll rock this role out.

Back