Man of Steel (SPOILERS)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Man of Steel

My problem is they so easily could have made a really good Superman in the Donner mould (and thus using the Williams theme) if they had simply not recycled another ****ing Lex Luthor plot and cast a crappy Lois among other things. What were people crying out for? A supervillain. Thats the most significant change they needed to make, not necessarily taking an entirely different approach or whatever it is they're doing. I mean now its looking like we have to watch the ****ing origin story again!! Did anyone want that?? I'm really concerned that taking away Williams Superman theme is like making a Bond film with no use whatsoever for the Bond theme. Goldeneye initially tried it before they came to their senses and got John Barry to retrofit it into Eric Serra's score.

I agree with them needing to use a different villain in Superman Returns. I was burnt out on lex luther. Though I am glad we are going to see his origin story again in Man of Steel. They need to tell the story again, It's been 34 years since they told it. And the more serious and dark tone will be very fitting for superman, instead of him being excessively corny and magoo 24/7.

319447_415078365204791_1858406867_n.jpg

While looking like a Cave Troll. :dunno

I thought she looked alright in the first one. The second one she seemed like she might have been on a crash diet or a bender of some kind. In some of those Lester shots she looks strung out.

She did get the stuck up career _____ part so well that upon subsequent viewings makes Supes look like a total tool putting up with her arrogant bs.

The Williams music is perfect - if that's possible. :)

I was watching the 'making of' JAWS the other night, & it really is remarkable how the man knows just what to compose to compliment the subject matter. Spielberg said that half the success of JAWS should be attributed to the score. Wow..

The original Star Wars score is absolutely magnificent - Lucas even said that it was the only thing about the film that went beyond his expectations! :cool:

Getting back to MOS though.. I have reservations about Russell Crowe playing Jor-El. I guess I should give him a chance..

Here's the thing about Hans though: he should never allow himself to score a film with Crowe in it! From what I heard in the footage I saw of the teaser trailer, it sounded like the Gladiator theme was just itching to get out. Especially during Russell's voiceover.

Nice

Irish - do you know if MoS teaser will be attached to UK/European screenings of TDKR?

Unsure. As far as Legendary is concerned, yes. But it's actually up to WB International and they're kinda funky. So I'd say it's 50/50 :(

:lol at Nam

Unsure. As far as Legendary is concerned, yes. But it's actually up to WB International and they're kinda funky. So I'd say it's 50/50 :(

:lol at Nam

Well, i'm gonna go in not expecting to see it... so if it shows up, GREAT.

Hope it will be online after the weekend in any case.

Yeah, I believe the plan is to put it online shortly after. So you should see it fairly soon regardless. Hopefully on the big screen :lecture

I just hope its the same footage that was shown at the Con.

I actually thought that was brilliant casting. :dunno
Yeah - to be fair, the man is a seasoned thespian, no doubt. I've just never been a fan, & I actually wouldn't have thought of him to be honest.

That said - it's perhaps one reason why they did cast him.. because he wasn't necessarily an obvious choice..

Here's the thing about Hans though: he should never allow himself to score a film with Crowe in it! From what I heard in the footage I saw of the teaser trailer, it sounded like the Gladiator theme was just itching to get out. Especially during Russell's voiceover.
Hmm.. I haven't seen that film in a long time, so I'll take your word for it.

for the 466477th time, the score on the teaser is a placeholder, it's Hans' work the thin red line

:lol

for the 466477th time, the score on the teaser is a placeholder, it's Hans' work the thin red line

:lol

Still sounds like Gladiator! :nana: I hope he goes all out with this soundtrack. It's got to be distinctive!

Back