Man of Steel (SPOILERS)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Man of Steel

I love Superman Returns. I used to hate it, but after rewatching it, it's a great movie.

There are some nice parts in it.
It wouldve been viewed more favorably had Donner never done the first one but as it is its to similar.
Hated the bastard child plot thread.
Liked the art deco style of the Daily Planet.
Liked Supermans flying scenes and action scenes.
Didnt like him being such a puss with out his powers.

Always hated What singer did to the costume in returns color wise. The maroon bad supes color from Supes 3. ugh!

That's not terribly bad, I think it looks like something out of a video game. It also reminds me of the suit from Superman: Red Son. Just change the emblem back to S and darken the colors.

All these movie's coming out in 2012, Im starting to think people really believe in the myan profecy. Seriously we have so many awesome movie's coming out in 2012.

^ Lol as a huge Superman fan, i hope we make it till 2012 haha.

Im Really hype about Zach Snyder directing it, out of everyone on that list he was the best choice IMO. 300 is such a badass movie, loved it. And Watchmen is, probly in my top 10 of all time, i love how long/epic/action packed it is! Such a great comic and a great movie. I hope he can do somthing big With SUPERMAN!

Returns was a good movie, but it had alot wrong with it and sadly thats why i didnt get the amount of success it could have
Hated the Kid
Hated Lois
Routh was good, but hes no Tom Welling or Reeve.
Great flying scenes, needed alot more action though.
It was visually stunning but the story was ehhhh
An hour through the movie i was waiting for A) him to throw a punch, and B) Lex actually do somthing evil. It was a great movie, ill give it that, but a Superman movie can be so much bigger.

I think Tom Welling should be in Zach Snyders MAN OF STEEL.

Tom Welling is great for Smallville but I don't think his acting style is mature enough for a big budget full feature Superman film.

But I really don't like the idea of Zach Snyder... ugh

Re: The Man of Steel/Nolan's Superman

Seems Snyder was NOT WB's first choice, but a choice of expediency...

from Slashfilm via Vulture...

Vulture also reports some troubling news: the reason Warner Bros. supposedly picked Snyder for Man of Steel is that David Goyer’s script is a bit of a mess as it was rushed, and Snyder is looked at a man who can get the movie completed for 2012. You see, the studio doesn’t have time to go through extensive rewrites as they need to get a new Superman movie in production by 2011 or they’ll lose the rights to make said film.

Warner Bros. needs someone who won’t spend months or even years trying to get it just right (i.e. Aronofsky), because time is the one thing they don’t have … We’re told that Snyder was not really Warner’s first choice to direct Superman, but that a director needed to be hired imminently. Privately, even Snyder has confided to agency sources that the current Superman script needs work, but clearly Warner Bros. believes he can get it done faster than Aronofsky

There's a little more to this news blurb:

New York Magazine’s Vulture has learned that the story will follow Clark Kent, a journalist traveling the world “trying to decide if he should, in fact, even become Superman.” Sounds like an interesting take on the material, right?

And it certainly speaks to some of Goyer’s previously spoken concerns over the character. But it does sound like another dramaticly centered character storyline, and the main criticism of Bryan Singer’s Superman Returns was that it didn’t have enough action. And why hire Zack Snyder if it isn’t going to be the complete opposite of Singer’s Superman, really? Who kows, that logline might just be the starting point.

The pitch isn’t too far off from a twelve-issue comic book limited series called Superman: Birthright DC Comics released in 2003 and 2004. Written by Mark Waid and drawn by Leinil Francis Yu, the story attempted to retell the Superman origin story for the 21st century. In the story. Clark Kent is a freelance reporter in his early twenties, traveling the world to cover news stories. While covering an ethnic conflict between the fictional Ghuri and Turaaba clans in West Africa, he is forced to use his super powers to attain a fleeing assassin. This results in Kent returning to Smallville to learn more about his alien heritage and make the decision to become Superman.

Vulture also reports some troubling news: the reason Warner Bros. supposedly picked Snyder for Man of Steel is that David Goyer’s script is a bit of a mess as it was rushed, and Snyder is looked at a man who can get the movie completed for 2012. You see, the studio doesn’t have time to go through extensive rewrites as they need to get a new Superman movie in production by 2011 or they’ll lose the rights to make said film.

Interesting...

It has to be said, that is terrible news to my ears.

If we have a rushed script and Snyder in the hot seat trying to get the film done quickly due to the time issues, things don't look too good.

The only positive thing about this whole thing is that Nolan is still 'involved' but who knows what 'godfathering the production' really means.

Surely after all these years and advances in film-making, they can give us a little less Clark and a little more Superman beating on super-powered bad guys.

Re: The Man of Steel/Nolan's Superman

There's a little more to this news blurb:

Interesting...

Yes, I read that but didn't want to post it because it was Spoiler-ish. But now you Guys know, and I wasn't thrilled by it anyway. :lol

Every Rumor we get about the new movie contradicts a previous one, im not believeing anything to WB releases is officially.

And i love the birthright comic, but i like it because its based off of elements of Smallville, and The media has scene SO MANY origins for superman, it worked in batman begins cause it was never done before!

After 10 great years of smallville, i just want a superman movie, not a different clark kent wondering if he should put on the suit, even if it is for the first 1 1/2 hours of the film.

Not wild about this potential version.
But then I never really liked Smallville either,they crammed too much into his youth.

The only thing i would like to see of Origin is the krypton stuff, mabey the film open in the midst of the planet falling apart and ready to combust. Other than that, i want a full on SUperman Movie, to think that in May, Smallvilles Clark Kent will don the iconic suit in an epic sendoff, and then a year or so later a whole new guy will be back to square one. But time will tell what the real story is.

Back