Man of Steel (SPOILERS)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Man of Steel

Josh Hamm is 39.

Money is on him.

Josh Hamm?

joshprofile4.jpg

Had no idea he was in the running. I could get on board with that.

From SHH:

https://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/109241-what-kind-of-superman-are-they-looking-for

Vulture got a chance to talk to The Social Network star Armie Hammer, who may have revealed what age they are looking at for title role in the Zack Snyder-directed Superman movie:

You've made a lot of people's Superman fantasy-casting lists. Did you have your people put in a call to Zack Snyder, who's directing the reboot?
[Laughs.] You know what's funny? I did talk to my people recently about that for the first time, and I think they're going a little older with Superman. I hear they're going 35, 40.

Really? Wow, Jon Hamm will be excited.
Yeah, I don't know what that might mean.

Hammer also talks a lot about being cast as Batman in George Miller's Justice League movie that never happened.

I wouldn't read too much into that. All it means is WB is considering casting choices, so the age span is a bit wider. In any script, the age of the Character can be changed with 2 keystrokes. Like any Casting Grid, it accommodates several actors with different ages.

Just bring back Routh (we know he can be Supes and Clark) and concentrate all this energy on a kick A$$ story!!

I'm not a massive Supes fan but reading all the possible choices so far on here I'd be most happy with bringing Routh back I think.

No on Routh because it will confuse alot of people when there will be a new Lois, Jimmy, and Perry. Age of the actor of Superman doesn't matter because the movie universe will not coincide with Nolan's Batman, or Green Lantern movie.
If done right, this could be a billion dollar franchise, so give us a good story and action...please

35-40? Interesting....usually actors are chosen young so they can carry a franchise. Let's assume 40, if it takes an average of three years between films by a third film you are looking at a 46 year old actor...would be interesting considering the ages of Green Lantern and Batman's movie counterparts....

I'd still be fine with it. Something different.

Anyone watch Criminal Minds? I think the lead FBI guy Hotchner (sp) would make a good older Superman if he beefed up.

35-40? Interesting....usually actors are chosen young so they can carry a franchise. Let's assume 40, if it takes an average of three years between films by a third film you are looking at a 46 year old actor...would be interesting considering the ages of Green Lantern and Batman's movie counterparts....

it's not so odd to think of someone in their 40's carrying a newfranchise
Iron-Man-Robert-Downey-Jr-Cowboys-and-Aliens.jpg

I'm sure I can think of an example

it's not so odd to think of someone in their 40's carrying a new franchise. I'm sure I can think of an example

No its not it actually makes sense now that I look for it.

The Marvel thing started with RDJ who was 42 at the time Iron Man was filming. It was followed by Edward Norton who was 39 at the time of filming. So the status was set up for older actors for Marvel films already. One could argue that with Don Cheadle as War Machine, 45 at Iron Man 2 filming, that is still there especially with Samuel L Jackson being the glue at 62. Chris Hemsworth is only 27 and Chris Evans is only 29 but Thor is a god and could theoretically look younger compared to human ages and Captain America was in Suspended Animation so aging wouldn't have occurred.

In the DC world you had Christian Bale kicking off the new DC trend. Bale was 31 at Batman Begins. Routh was 27 at Superman Returns. Reynolds is 34 as the Green Lantern. Let's say for argument's sake that we use Bradley Cooper's age at a barometer even though his involvement is countered so that puts us at 35 for that character of The Flash. Now while Hamm isn't ancient at 40, it still puts him older than the rest of the cast of characters which is odd unless you look at Barry and Hal who are supposed to be younger than Bruce and Clark both and Bale at the filming of Batman 3 that takes place at the same time as Superman will be around 38. So a 39/40 year old Superman makes the most sense.

Last edited:

Another article but with fanart...

Many of us geeks would love to see Jon Hamm take on the role of The Man of Steal in Zack Snyder's new Superman movie. We've heard the film will be an origin story that follows the early days of Clark Kent as a journalist traveling the world “trying to decide if he should, in fact, even become Superman.” It was also recently revealed that the powers at be are possibly looking for someone in the age range of 35 to 40 to be cast as Superman.

Now Snyder did in fact work with Hamm in his upcoming film Sucker Punch, so there is a connection, and a strong possibility that this casting could actually happen. It would be great if it did! I can't wait to find out who they end up casting in the role, but in the mean time here's an image of what Hamm would look like as Superman, minus the old school costume.

What do you think?

jon20hamm20superman.jpg

Back