Man of Steel (SPOILERS)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Man of Steel

I cannot fathom why Routh isn't the slam-dunk pick for Superman. Whether you loved or hated Superman Returns, virtually everybody agrees that the casting of Routh was the best thing to come from that movie.

If they're worried that people would be "confused" because of continuity or some nonsense, they shouldn't be. The average movie-goer doesn't give a ____, nor does the average movie-goer remember who played Superman in a movie they may or may not have seen.

Seriously, it's Routh or bust.

I cannot fathom why Routh isn't the slam-dunk pick for Superman. Whether you loved or hated Superman Returns, virtually everybody agrees that the casting of Routh was the best thing to come from that movie.

If they're worried that people would be "confused" because of continuity or some nonsense, they shouldn't be. The average movie-goer doesn't give a ____, nor does the average movie-goer remember who played Superman in a movie they may or may not have seen.

Seriously, it's Routh or bust.

:clap:goodpost::exactly:

I Really hope routh is seriously considered!!

Atleast Superman looks like an actual man this time, and not a teenager. Go Jon Hamm!

Last edited:

I don´t know, I kinda like this one:

superman_rebooted.jpg

Just found it over google.
Little classic in there, but also kryptionian.
Would be great for an origin story of the Eradicator, or parts of it as explanation when (!!!!!) the death of Superman should be adapted and the 4 Supermen would be given a chance in a script.
Could be made as an awesome trilogy, just as Batman´s origin and duration, like what Nolan´s doing.

I mean, imagine:
1. would be a Movie of the origin for Superman, with parts refering to Smallville (maybe...reboot goes conform with the Series that fueled the rewritten story from him in the comics) and first enemy´s Lex Luthor creating the first Bizarro, which is also the first superenemy (like the start of John Byrne´s run) and some imagery on the eradicator-birthmatrix-like-piece that begins to hack into the fortress as bridge.

Second movie Eradicator trying to convert Earth and Supes in this costume, going into Doomsday origin, crashing on earth and rising.

Third Movie: Battling Doomsday, dying, parts of the fortress, resurrection of the Eradicator, initating Superboy, Steel and Cyborg plot and then return of Superman.

I could see it well made in a gritty style...

There was several things that were done well in Superman Returns... But the best thing was they almost made it into a Bond franchise... eg: The classic theme and the smirk in space before the credits... They can keep that in ever single Superman film forever in my opinion!

There was several things that were done well in Superman Returns... But the best thing was they almost made it into a Bond franchise... eg: The classic theme and the smirk in space before the credits... They can keep that in ever single Superman film forever in my opinion!

Word.

And THIS is the costume they should finally go for in the actual film.
No experiments anymore:

Actually, I was just thinking that the other day. I liked a LOT of the background work for SR. Routh was good. I liked the costume ... it could be slightly modified to make it better (brightened a bit), but it certainly doesn't need to be overhauled. The look of Metropolis was great ... a slight mix of 1940's/50's fashion and architecture, and modern elements. The technical work on the physics of flying was excellent. Except for Lois Lane, the casting was really good (Luthor, White, Jimmy, etc. were all good). It even works as a reasonable end to the trilogy of The Movie, II Donner Cut and Returns.

The overall storyline was weak, though. Singer left a lot of stuff worth building on.

I'm indifferent on the Tom Welling debate ... I could go either way. But, as far as I'm concerned there is no debate about Erica Durance ... she is the best Lois Lane that has ever graced the screen. She has struck a good personality balance between fiesty and still endearing. Kidder (and, to some extent, Bosworth) were just too obnoxious to Clark ... to the point that it left me wondering why Superman would fall in love with someone that was such a jerk when he put glasses on.

SnakeDoc

The Returns suit had some nice elements to it, but Id put the yellow "S" back on the cape and make the chest "S" a tad bigger.
Keep the suit texture and contour lines as they make it look less like a Ma Kent halloween spandex special.
Maybe amp the colors up and not the 1978 aqua color.

Heres Jim Lee's reimagined look

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Last edited:

Why all the hate for Jon Hamm. I think its refreshing that they are going with someone a bit older and more manlike instead of a kid in thier mid-20s.
(and before anyone says anything, yes I know that Christopher Reeve was 26 when he played the part, but he also looked alot older)

Jim Lee is a great artist but that Superman is a mess and the same goes with his Wonder Woman :lecture

Yeah, I dont like his redesigns either I was just throwing it out there.
Supermans design is classic and seems to transcend time and modern sensibilities.
But If it had to, I'd keep it to a minimal change, lose the red briefs and make it a full blue body suit but keep some kind of yellow belt at the waist.

Back