Man of Steel (SPOILERS)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Man of Steel

Would it have been that hard to bring back Routh? I don't like the look of this. This is Superman we're talking about. They can ____ up Green Lantern all they want, no one cares, but Superman is a national icon. Why get someone who needs a CGI suit, when there are other better choices out there? For the first time, I would actually prefer Gerard Butler. Shudder...

Is this the new Superman? And what about CGI-Green Lanterish Supes? I don't like it...

https://www.movienewz.com/matthew-goode-frontrunner-for-superman-reboot/

What.gif

They better cast an american actor for Supes just like how they cast every non american as James Bond. Also someone who is semi built so they dont need to cgi the suit.

I don't trust Snyder much. He makes a slick movie, but he never struck me as being very innovative or having a lot of good sense. I kind of wish he would stick to the flashy CGI-infused fare like 300 and Sucker Punch (based on what I gather from the trailer), and stay away from the major comic characters that deserve a director with a bit more. . .substance.

He was good as Ozy but no way for Superman.

Snyder may have a fav but it looks like they'll look at other options as well.
There always seems to be rumors when these types of movies start up on who's in the lead and later down the road the stars say they never knew anything about it.
Its a net thing.

Superman Casting Begins
Don't hold your breath, Jon Hamm fans.
November 18, 2010

by Scott Collura

Christopher Nolan and Zack Snyder have thrown their glowing green Kryptonian crystal, and now it's only a matter of time before we see where it lands. Which is a very awkward way of saying that casting is getting underway for the Superman reboot.

Deadline reports that the producer and director (and Warner Bros., of course) have begun to cast a "wide net" to find the next Kal-El. Their contacts tell them that the studio is "open to creating a star" for the film, meaning that the actor who gets the gig will probably either be fresh off the bus or from TV, but in all likelihood someone who isn't terribly famous yet. The age range will be 28 to 32, which means that everyone hoping for a Don Draper Superman is out of luck.

Deadline mentions Armie Hammer (The Social Network), Joe Manganiello (True Blood) and Ian Somerhalder (The Vampire Diaries) -- though the site oddly avoids specifically saying they're up for the job.

"The studio expects to look at hundreds of young actors before making a decision," says the site. "Agents who are readying candidates note that hiring an established [TV] series regular might not even be possible. The film will likely begin production around next June, and that shooting schedule could wreak havoc with fall prime time schedules. The studio has to meet that production start date because some of the rights are in jeopardy in 2013."

Speaking of which, The Hollywood Reporter has the latest on the lawsuit between Warner Bros. and the families of Superman creators Joe Shuster and Jerry Siegel over the rights to the character. A federal judge has ended the most recent delay in the litigation, which means that the studio can move forward with depositions of the family members immediately. So stay tuned for more legalese on that front...

Anyway Matthew Goode would make an excellent Superman. IMO he has the right look, he was easily the tallest actor in Watchman (He was also great in it too), and he would have no problem buffing up for the role. Goode was one of my picks way back in this thread, before Snyder was on board, so I would 100% happy if he does get the part
As for the CGI suit, I say that's BS

I wish Hollywood would stay out of the comic book movies. They are ruining it for me. A CGI Superman suit. God I freaking hope not. Why does everything now have to be CGI. I HATE CGI!!!!!!

he was easily the tallest actor in Watchman (He was also great in it too),
Are you serious? He was by far the worst in watchmen. In fact he pretty much ruined the movie by reinterpreting his character in a way that completly missed the entire point, making the twist obvious from the beginning.

Goode isnt Superman material, I'd rather see Welling take the role before him, and I'm no fan of Welling.

I'm really hoping all of this is bull____. Especially the casting. It feels like a bunch of Internet Rumor all combined into one story. Armie Hammer still gets attached to everything DC since Justice League: Mortal and Joe Manganiello has had online petitions asking for him to play Superman for a while now.

Back