Man of Steel (SPOILERS)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Man of Steel

I lIke matthew goode in watchmen but he already played a DC character!! And he is way to skinny, and the whole CGI Superman just turns my stomach to be honest, i dont care if they enhance some things like in Returns but cmon, HES SUPERMAN!!! HE DOESNT NEED FAKE CG MUSCLES! Donner and Reeve didnt need them!

I still stick by my first and only choice, TOM WELLING!

I lIke matthew goode in watchmen but he already played a DC character!! And he is way to skinny, and the whole CGI Superman just turns my stomach to be honest, i dont care if they enhance some things like in Returns but cmon, HES SUPERMAN!!! HE DOESNT NEED FAKE CG MUSCLES! Donner and Reeve didnt need them!

W.O.R.D.

:hi5:

Reeve nearly missed the part of Superman, because he was too skinny during casting

This is wild speculation on my part but I wouldn't be surprised if Nicholas Braun were cast as the man of steel. I know, he's very young, but his star is rising, the guy has the look and he is 6' 5".

Anyway, may be a long shot, but if he's cast you heard it here first.

He is dorky looking . .

So was Routh when they first spied him, have you seen his first screen test? Totally dorky, skinny, etc. Come to think of it Reeve was skinny too, but not dorky. It's amazing what a nutritionist, weight trainer and some coaching can do.

Just sayin, I wouldn't be surprised.

But you can't fix face.

Knowing Zach Snyder though, he'll probably just end up with a completely CG Superman, making all of this a moot issue.

Kevin Smith just cast him in a Hockey comedy called "Hit Somebody"

Here's a blurb...

https://www.slashfilm.com/kevin-smith-casts-nicholas-braun-hit-somebody/

It will be interesting if he's called in to read. I know there are prolly three or four older (late 20s,early 30s) guys in serious contention...

Knowing Zach Snyder though, he'll probably just end up with a completely CG Superman, making all of this a moot issue.

My guess is GL will serve as a test, if the auds don't dig it, Chris will nix/limit CGI Supes stuff...

Last edited:

The thing is that they aren't direct correlations. GL is all about constructs and places where CGI makes sense even if the audience doesn't dig it. I guarantee you that even if the complaint is about the costuming or the constructs from GL, it'll still get used because its the only logical way to do it. Superman doesn't have that, its all pretty much in real-time save a few of the powers.

What people ARE complaining about already is that they took an already fit and trim Reynolds and when they put in him the CGI GL suit, made him slimmer and thinner to almost an inhuman proportion when in the suit to make him look "more super"....if they do that with Superman we might get something that looks more like this:

tumblr_ksyb5l6JUY1qzvw5po1_500.jpg

than this:
alex_ross_superman_batman_posters.jpg

This is wild speculation on my part but I wouldn't be surprised if Nicholas Braun were cast as the man of steel. I know, he's very young, but his star is rising, the guy has the look and he is 6' 5".

Anyway, may be a long shot, but if he's cast you heard it here first.

You know they aren't casting for SuperBoy right?

i don't know.... i'm starting to see it now. supes throwing off an elbow pad from the top of the daily planet building, running from side to side and then delivering the highest people's elbow of all time onto lex lying on the street below. could be the most electrifying move in all of film entertainment.

Hans Zimmer scoring Man of Steel!!!

From AICN:

You knew this was coming, but now it's official: Zack Snyder's SUPERMAN will not be carrying over John Williams's iconic main theme, first heard in Richard Donner's 1978 film and resurrected for Bryan Singer's 2005 continuation. Snyder has instead enlisted Hans Zimmer to score his top-down reinvention of the DC Comics superhero.

Zimmer let the cat out of the bag at a DVD release party for INCEPTION this week, and discussed the challenge of following up Williams's unforgettable score with NBC San Diego's Scott Huver...

“It's a hard one,” mused Zimmer, “but I followed one of the most iconic things on 'Batman' with Chris as well, and it's the same thing. You are allowed to reinvent, but you have to try to be as good or at least as iconic and it has to resonate and it has to become a part of the zeitgeist. That's the job. On 'Gladiator' I remember people always talking about 'Spartacus' and I kept telling them, 'When you saw "Spartacus" and how it affected it you, that's how I want a modern audience to be affected by what we do now.' So I think ultimately you're supposed to reinvent.”

:rock :rock

Well even if the movie sucks (and I'm not saying it will or won't), the score should be phenomenal.

If they use Marlon Brando as Jor-El again, I will go up and kick the projector.
They need to start from scratch, change the suit up a little for modern times and get rid of the damn red undies.

Back