Man of Steel (SPOILERS)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There was nothing. I've seen that movie twice. I just see scenes that have the look, and idea of being emotional. But there's nothing there, because we don't know a thing about the characters.

Don't start show your main hero 33 years later, emotionless, speechless on a boat for some reason. You get nothing from that, and you ruined your introduction.

Krypton in MOS could've been so much better.

Doesn't have to be like S1 but at least make it interesting.

For me it was bland, a few towers sticking up.

Once again, MOS Krypton will be forgotten.

S1 Krypton is its own character with the opening dome, simple, elegant, memorable.

The reason why it was bland was because you didn't care. You've never met this Jor El before, so why does it matter if he dies?

There was nothing. I've seen that movie twice. I just see scenes that have the look, and idea of being emotional. But there's nothing there, because we don't know a thing about the characters.

Don't start show your main hero 33 years later, emotionless, speechless on a boat for some reason. You get nothing from that, and you ruined your introduction.

So a non-linear narrative is apparently so convoluted you can't follow the story.

You still don't give explanation, MoS has tons more heart than S1 IMO and it's blatantly clear.

I can't believe he fell for Amy Adams as fast as he did.

Forced relationship.

In Superman 1, she was as much his antagonist as Lex was.

They earned that relationship.

With MOS, she didn't tell his story, boom, they love each other, wut.

Really? Let's see.

in S1, Supes and Clark are a different person for Lois, she never met Supes before until she saves her from the falling chopper, they share a few words, they arrange an interview and she literally started throwing her panties at him, and they didn't even share more than 10 words.

At least in MoS Lois knew Clark was Supes, she knew his motives, his story, he saved her 3 times, they actually had a relationship at that point :dunno

You know, convolution isn't that good. I don't know why everyone is obsessed over it. It doesn't make a film smarter if the plot can't focus on one single point.

This is all your doing. You had to do the whole "Old movies suck, new movies are better" thing.

You know, convolution isn't that good. I don't know why everyone is obsessed over it. It doesn't make a film smarter if the plot can't focus on one single point.

This is all your doing. You had to do the whole "Old movies suck, new movies are better" thing.

I meant to sound a little sarcastic, there's nothing wrong with a non linear narrative, and it works great for this movie.

Not really, I only like THIS movie better than the old ones, I'm focusing on this franchise only.

The same could be said about you, you have your classics up so high that you don't realize how much you're idealizing them.

You know what I hated? How the camera zoomed 2 or 3 times to a focal point during crazy action sequences. On Krypton this happened, when Kal-El's is flying to Earth it happened, the big battles it happened, Superman flying it happened.

Seemed like a lame technique to constantly use. I was literally at the point where I knew where and when it was going to happen in each scene.

And don't get me started on Krypton, that hole Krypton scene in S1 was hurting my eyes more than the shaky camera.

Memorable

sup1.jpg

Bland

MOS-FP-0047.jpg

I meant to sound a little sarcastic, there's nothing wrong with a non linear narrative, and it works great for this movie.

Not really, I only like THIS movie better than the old ones, I'm focusing on this franchise only.

The same could be said about you, you have your classics up so high that you don't realize how much you're idealizing them.

I was born in 1991. I don't hold these classics up that high. I watched them. They held up. Simple as that.

There's a reason why films are classics. There's a reason why people still find Star Wars endearing, there's a reason why people still find The Exorcist scary, there's a reason why people find Citizen Kane compelling.

It's because these movies hit us emotionally in the right places, and have a lasting impact on us. That's it.

There's a reason why people still love the old Superman films. Because they still resonate. For the 50th time.

I was born in 1991. I don't hold these classics up that high. I watched them. They held up. Simple as that.

There's a reason why films are classics. There's a reason why people still find Star Wars endearing, there's a reason why people still find The Exorcist scary, there's a reason why people find Citizen Kane compelling.

It's because these movies hit us emotionally in the right places, and have a lasting impact on us. That's it.

There's a reason why people still love the old Superman films. Because they still resonate. For the 50th time.

Exorcist is still over the freaking top for todays standards. :lol

Not even Rob Zombie has a preteen girl stabbing her gina with a crucifix then telling her own mother to lick it afterwards. :horror

It's never scared me....but I understand why it's scary. I think the movie is ****ing amazing though.

Only alien grey's scare me. :(

I was actually thinking about that today. Comic geeks PLEADED for Superman to get a reboot, but could you imagine if they decided to straight up remake RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK, STAR WARS: A NEW HOPE, THE GODFATHER or THE EXORCIST? I would seriously rank Donner's SUPERMAN among those contemporaries for where it stands as a comic book movie.

So, is the Exorcist as scary as it was back then? That's what I mean by timeless classic, when I watch the godfather I still get the same emotions as when I 1st saw it, Supes 1&2 doesn't hold up the test of time.

The reason people love the old Superman movies so much is because mainly, they grew up with them.

You're actually not giving me anything, just "tha peeplez says these are classics, so take them and shudup".

If you like what everybody like fine by me, but don't shove it down my throat.

Back