Man of Steel (SPOILERS)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It all boils down to taste. I showed SUPERMAN today to a buddy of mine who had NEVER seen it before, and he enjoyed it. Saw MOS afterwards, and he said it was depressing and not as good as THE DARK KNIGHT movies.

Classics are classics for a reason.

The first time I saw Superman The Motion Picture was after I saw Superman Returns.

And I realized why Superman Returns blew. So no. I did not grow up with those movies. I've seen then only a handful of times.

The first time I saw Superman The Motion Picture was after I saw Superman Returns.

And I realized why Superman Returns blew. So no. I did not grow up with those movies. I've seen then only a handful of times.

That doesn't really add anything to the discussion does it?

I don't remember much of S returns, I don't even remember if I liked it.

But I did remember S1&2 when I saw MoS and I liked MoS better, in almost every way.

Some might say that STM is remembered not because of quality, but because it has the luck of being the first large budget Superman movie.

I vote because of quality.

It all boils down to taste. I showed SUPERMAN today to a buddy of mine who had NEVER seen it before, and he enjoyed it. Saw MOS afterwards, and he said it was depressing and not as good as THE DARK KNIGHT movies.

Classics are classics for a reason.

Almost everybody that has seen MoS with me, 2 of them comic book fans said that they liked MoS better, my gf didn't like it cause she hates explosions and cgi altogether, she's a hipster :lol

Yes, classics are classics for a reason, but if I don't like a movie I couldn't care less what that reason is, when in this case IMO is nothing but nostalgia.

Some might say that STM is remembered not because of quality, but because it has the luck of being the first large budget Superman movie.

I vote because of quality.

Sure it has quality for it's time, and like I said the Clark parts are nothing but gold and I sure hope in MoS2 Cavill can bring half of the charm Reeve had as Clark.

But it's also because it was the 1st.

Jye, what's with the sudden flip-flopping? I'm off the board for a day and now you're one of our MOS haters. Did Celtic put rohypnol in your drink or something? :lol

Don't get me wrong, i'm all for new Superman movies.

But give Cavill more scenes like the interrogation room scene, that was well done.

I agree, I'd like to see more adult Clark, hopefully in MoS2 will have more, but for some reason I doubt it will be a dorky Clark, not even in the comics Clark is dorky anymore, which is a shame.

I agree, I'd like to see more adult Clark, hopefully in MoS2 will have more, but for some reason I doubt it will be a dorky Clark, not even in the comics Clark is dorky anymore, which is a shame.

George Reeves never played Clark as a dork.

images

5151652920_c4fa44f180_z.jpg

Jye, what's with the sudden flip-flopping? I'm off the board for a day and now you're one of our MOS haters. Did Celtic put rohypnol in your drink or something? :lol

I've seen it 5 x (i'm done), I'm happy to have contributed to one of your collectibles. :lol

Yeah, i'm flipping my pancake.

I was clouded by the flying, beautiful blowing cape, Faora's eyes, accent and destruction.

It usually takes 3-5 viewings for movies i'm on a fence with for me to figure out my true feelings for it.

BB/TDK/IM1/Thor/Avengers first viewings, loved them for how it immediately moved me, no explanations or confirmations from a forum was required.

Back