Man of Steel (SPOILERS)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any reason why they didn't call Nam-Ek Non in this film? He's a massive, mute Kryptonian, and the third most prominent in the action scenes after Zod and Faora. In fact, I just assumed he was Non until I read some behind the scenes stuff.

I get Farora not being called Ursa, since Faora was the prominent Phantom Zone villain who inspired Ursa in the first place. But for all intents and purposes, she fills the same the role. The fact that Nam-Ek is prominently paired up with Faora to level a small, middle American town was no mistake on Snyder's part.

General Zod and his short-haired main ***** are already the villains, so why not commit to it and call Nam-Ek "Non"?

At least his name is cool.

Go ahead, say Non backwards. :lol

Non... oh you little rascal you, I fell for it.

05d.jpg

:lol

Any reason why they didn't call Nam-Ek Non in this film? He's a massive, mute Kryptonian, and the third most prominent in the action scenes after Zod and Faora. In fact, I just assumed he was Non until I read some behind the scenes stuff.

I get Farora not being called Ursa, since Faora was the prominent Phantom Zone villain who inspired Ursa in the first place. But for all intents and purposes, she fills the same the role. The fact that Nam-Ek is prominently paired up with Faora to level a small, middle American town was no mistake on Snyder's part.

General Zod and his shory-haired main ***** are already the villains, so why not commit to it and call Nam-Ek "Non"?

Because Nolan said no.

General Zod and his shory-haired main ***** are already the villains, so why not commit to it and call Nam-Ek "Non"?

I have no idea, I think maybe cause Nam-ek was an actual comic book character, and Non only was after S2, I have no issue with it but Non does sound cooler.

As a Mexican I can tell you I don't know who the hell came up with the whole crispy tortilla thing :dunno it wasn't us that's for sure :lol

It was Glen Bell, the founder of Taco Bell, who made them popular. He started the chain in Southern California, inspired by the fast food of McDonald's, which was founded around the same time.

Bell, in search of the taco version of the McDonald's hamburger, invented the preformed taco shell. It was so popular, Tex-Mex restaurants began frying their own taco shells, clipping tortillas to a bent coffee can and frying them in oil. And from there, the crispy yellow shell swept the nation.

https://www.thekitchn.com/100-american-how-the-crispy-ta-154273

I have no idea, I think maybe cause Nam-ek was an actual comic book character, and Non only was after S2, I have no issue with it but Non does sound cooler.

I looked up the comic Nam-Ek after reading his name and he's got almost nothing to do with the MOS character. Technically Non was introduced in the modern comics during Richard Donner's LAST SON arc, which seemed to have some influence on the film.

It was Glen Bell, the founder of Taco Bell, who made them popular. He started the chain in Southern California, inspired by the fast food of McDonald's, which was founded around the same time.

Bell, in search of the taco version of the McDonald's hamburger, invented the preformed taco shell. It was so popular, Tex-Mex restaurants began frying their own taco shells, clipping tortillas to a bent coffee can and frying them in oil. And from there, the crispy yellow shell swept the nation.

https://www.thekitchn.com/100-american-how-the-crispy-ta-154273

The more you know :lol

Well I actually never tried the crispy tortilla, so I don't know if it's good.

I looked up the comic Nam-Ek after reading his name and he's got almost nothing to do with the MOS character. Technically Non was introduced in the modern comics during Richard Donner's LAST SON arc, which seemed to have some influence on the film.

Nam-Ek did become huge after an experiment of I don't know what, but what can I tell you, if they can turn Jimmy into Jenny, I don't care if they borrow Nam-Ek's name for another character.

You'll lose serious cinema nerd points if you're gonna claim MOS is "the same level of bad" as PROMETHEUS.

Both have their flaws, but the latter is already infamous in that regard, and is handicapped by a script that is as dumb as they come. The only huge movie this Summer that's comparable is STID.

Holy crap, is STID really that bad?!!

I was planning on renting that later, maybe but I keep hearing really bad stuff about it....

Back