Man of Steel (SPOILERS)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In the Under The Red Hood animated movie, jason Todd blames Batman for the state of Gotham and all the lives the Joker and other villians have taken over the years because Batman never ended the cycle by killing the villians.

If Zod was sent to the Phantom Zone again, he'd escape again and attack Earth again and kill more people again.

Superman ended the cycle by ending Zod. Its not a "Superhero" thing to do, but Zod isn't coming back to kill people and be locked away where he can break out and kill again.

Granted he didn't do it for that reason but it works out better for potential future victims of Zod.

He's never had a no kill policy. He has killed when the situation called for it. Batman is the one who does not kill ever. Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, Flash, Green Arrow, have all killed before. Bruce is about the only one and he killed Darkseid. But he has done loads of other morally questionable things. So I don't get all the Superman does not kill people. Anyone who says that has not been keeping up with comics. And none of the people he's killed have happened in the new 52.

I know. I'm just pointing out that the act of killing Zod in MAN OF STEEL can provide very interesting internal motivations for Superman in future movies.

Somebody forgot to inform Mr Burton that batman doesn't kill. Also he did kill raz by blowing up the bridge and letting him die in the train. In fact that scene mirrors the scene in MoS where the hero is left with no choice but to kill. Yes he didn't break his neck but he blew his *** up.

Burton and Nolan had Batman kill. Nolan's version was driving over cop cars or causing them to just total. If those cops survived, they are not living full normal lives anymore. In the comics, he has done some questionable things: Grant Morrison had him torment Joe Chill as Batman. Then when Chill reaches his breaking point, Batman shows up and gives him a gun to kill himself, the same gun he used to kill the Waynes. It had one bullet left in it. It's assisted suicide at best, and it could be rightfully argued that he pushed him to kill himself, making him responsible.

I have stated this before. I don't think that the haters are filled with that much hate.... disappointment yes. Lots of disappointment. But if not being 100% in love with a film and finding flaws with it means you hate it then I don't know where the discussion can go from there.

But I didn't say that they hate it, even if they do or not that their choice, I meant that the general opinion about this movie is that is good, that's true, and it's also true that it has very loud opinions against it.

I know. I'm just pointing out that the act of killing Zod in MAN OF STEEL can provide very interesting internal motivations for Superman in future movies.

:exactly: I agree with you. It gives an interesting point for the next adventure. I think the way it was handled plays into who he is at his core. He didn't want to do it, but he is prepared to do it if it means less suffering for innocents.

Oh man, that Uncharted main theme is a killer, it has that adventure feel going on.

As for Zimmer's MoS score, I think it's masterful, I like it a whole lot better than JW score, it's just more emotional, more epic, the melodic tunes are just amazing for me.

It has everything from tender tunes to inspiring ones to epic battle songs, love it.

Although I don't like scores like TDK trilogy for the most part, I don't find them very memorable, it sounds a lot like Inception's score... at least the main themes.

Somebody forgot to inform Mr Burton that batman doesn't kill. Also he did kill raz by blowing up the bridge and letting him die in the train. In fact that scene mirrors the scene in MoS where the hero is left with no choice but to kill. Yes he didn't break his neck but he blew his *** up.

Yeah, I honestly don't get all the complaining about Superman Killing Zod. Unless you were very vocal about the Batman film, nobody should be that bothered.

It's sort of funny. Hollywood tends to be very liberal... But they are the biggest proponent of capital punishment around :lol.

Very rarely does the bad guy get taken to jail. They always got to grab that gun first or do one last desperate act to have themselves killed off.

As for Zimmer's MoS score, I think it's masterful, I like it a whole lot better than JW score, it's just more emotional, more epic, the melodic tunes are just amazing for me.

It has everything from tender tunes to inspiring ones to epic battle songs, love it.

Bizzaro.JPG

Like having the whole world question why he should be trusted, and to be prepared if he kills again. Batman is a dark character that by design is made to strike fear in people because that is his biggest weapon. Superman, in contrast knows that with his great power it is very easy for him to kill so he does not do it. All I'm saying is that he should not of been forced to kill in the first movie. It sets a negative tone going forward and has nothing for his character to contrast his actions to.

Yeah, I honestly don't get all the complaining about Superman Killing Zod. Unless you were very vocal about the Batman film, nobody should be that bothered.

It's sort of funny. Hollywood tends to be very liberal... But they are the biggest proponent of capital punishment around :lol.

Very rarely does the bad guy get taken to jail. They always got to grab that gun first or do one last desperate act to have themselves killed off.

I loved MOS. But, there's a bit of difference between letting a villain die in a crash (Batman Begins), or pushing a villain off a roof while saving a kid from which the villain incidentally dies (The Dark Knight) ... and intentionally snapping a villain's neck with your bare hands (MOS).

Maybe the "I don't have to save you" thing is a technicality, but Nolan's Batman never intentionally killed a man with his own hands.

SnakeDoc

I don't like the idea of characters who historically and intentionally don't kill in the comics doing it on the screen. That goes for Burton Batman, Daredevil, and this new Superman. Captain America is different. He killed in war, etc. So I'm not going to say that these guys killing sets them down an irredeemable path to moral decay. But that's just something that those characters--in the incarnations I know and care about--didn't generally do.

Superman doing what he did makes sense on its surface. But Goyer didn't have to put Superman in that position. Like blacca says, it sets the franchise off on the wrong foot in my eyes. If they use this as a way of helping to develop a no-kill policy later, then at least it will serve some purpose in moving the story forward, so that would be the best way to handle it from here on. Though I'm not sure how they can spin it so that he looks back and says, "You know what? I should have let that innocent family including children die. It's just not worth the guilt I feel."

But ultimately this is just not a Superman story that I need to see explored. Better to just not have him encounter it at all if this is the end result because it flies against one of the aspects of Superman that makes him special. But I also realize that this Superman isn't, and won't be the same character that exists in my mind as an ideal "Superman," so considering that I say go ***** out and do a Justice Lords type storyline where Superman and pals become dictators of the earth. Nolan could have Batman wage an insurgent war against Supes, Wonder Woman, Manhunter, etc. with lesser powered guys like Green Arrow and Blue Beetle. Could be very dark and morally ambiguous. But. . .not the Superman I care for.

Gee calm down Riddick, don't get too flustered, it's the very 1st time that I use the word epic, and I used it in full understanding of it's meaning....

Back