Man of Steel (SPOILERS)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, what an evil twat he is for putting the key to his existence... that he's been carrying around with him since childhood... into the first hole that fits it. That was clearly an unquestionable act of pure malice. :lol

He should've became Captain Hindsight instead. :lecture

:exactly:

Opinions are opinions, but some people just twist **** to tro... for sake of discussion. :lol

Sure...they're just trying to "discuss" it.

Actually, we are. I'm pretty sure 99% of the people in the "he didn't save people" camp are talking about AFTER everything gets sucked up into The Phantom Zone.

Where they take the fight to a crowded street, with people....

Actually, we are. I'm pretty sure 99% of the people in the "he didn't save people" camp are talking about AFTER everything gets sucked up into The Phantom Zone.

... And maybe 1% of the total destruction in the film happens after that point.

It never even bothered me with all the destruction. Just didn't give a damn since I was more into the whole world getting mucked up.

They level 3 buildings in that fight. Personally, that's way too many buildings to level during a fight scene.

Blow up Metropolis all you want when Superman isn't around, but when he's right there, that's where it really, really bothers me. Even if it's just 1 building, that still bothers me.

And it always will. Nothing you can do about it.

There were what? 4, maybe 5 buildings damaged after this? How many people did you see killed during this part of the movie? how exactly was Superman to move the fight when he was no stronger than Zod and Zod was happy just staying in town trying to kill people?

Zod actually tried to fly away from Superman to just go off and kill people, something that peoiple just seem to "forget" that want to complain, its not like Superman could just say hey dude, follow me if you want to fight, thats not what this was about after the crash, but this has been gone over repeatedly, as Khev said, people just being obtuse. In a discussion, you really need gto know what you're talking about or read up and talk with some sense.

:lecture

I think the destruction and Kryptonian fights in this movie just gave some people PTSD. :lol Their perception is way worse than reality.

No. He clearly goes after Superman right after his speech. He said he was going to kill people....but he never actually tried. He kept fighting Superman, chasing him around, and attacking him.

I think the destruction and Kryptonian fights in this movie just gave some people PTSD. :lol Their perception is way worse than reality.

Hey, if the movie wasn't so serious, I wouldn't take something like this so seriously. That's the problem. You have a dead serious movie, with a deadly serious event, and seemingly no consequence.

I can't stress it to you how much that bothered me. I don't understand why you can't understand it.

I can totally understand how someone can not be bothered by it. See? I see you. I get you. Now get me, so we can stop this stupid debate. :lol

More perception and relativity. It's really not all that "deadly serious", either. Some people are making it sound like this is SE7EN or something. :lol

Why doesn't that stuff bother you with the TRANSFORMERS movies? Because they also include dumb racial jokes?

No. He clearly goes after Superman right after his speech. He said he was going to kill people....but he never actually tried. He kept fighting Superman, chasing him around, and attacking him.

Must have been while you were sleeping through this movie you obviously can't stand, but devote so much of your time to.

Zod, ***** slaps Superman to the ground. Superman flies full tilt into Zod and what happens? Superman bounces off so hard he goes through a building in the background. They come back out after Zod's heat vision appears, Zod first, then Superman in chase, Zod thanks him by kicking a semi trailer his way which Superman easily manuevers over, theres an exchange which Zod wins hands down, when Superman connects, Zod shrugs it off, but everytime Zod connects Superman eats pavement.

Again, how was Superman going to control this fight?

The minute Superman starts getting heavy shots in (once the battle takes to the air and hes punching Zod with the flying haymakers) as soon as Zod orients, he looks back and sees Superman bearing down on him, he turns and flees. Superman had to fly miles to find him and thats when Zod was hiding in those offices and ambushed him.

Again, Zod turning his back to Superman and flying miles away means he was going after him? :lol

Ok, Celtic. :cuckoo:

:lecture

What a shame that some could not enjoy this. I was sitting there trying not to drop my jaw, thinking "YESSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

The 1940s and the 1970s are over. We don't do things like that anymore, and I say "Thank God for that."

Its like this stuff actually happened, in some people's minds. "THINK OF THE PEOPLE!!!!!!11!!!!!" Geez Louise, this is not reality.

More perception and relativity. It's really not all that "deadly serious", either. Some people are making it sound like this is SE7EN or something. :lol

Why doesn't that stuff bother you with the TRANSFORMERS movies? Because they also include dumb racial jokes?

And didn't the Autobots in Dark of the Moon deliberately hide and allow the Decepticons to take over an innocent city of civilians just to say "F you" to the people of Earth for wanting to send them away? Talk about d-bags.

Actually, yes. Transformers is retarded from the get go. If those movies were meant to be taken seriously, then I missed that...:lol, clearly.

Since they are so dumb, and so tonally inconsistant, there is literally nothing in that world I care about. It's all bull****. Everything. All, though i'd argue the first movie has the most "heart" with Bumblebee and all that.....but that's about it.

But for Superman, with all the imagery, and the music, the tone, and look, it was all subconsciously telling me that this movie is no joke. This is something you shouldn't laugh at. This is serious business.

So when I saw people dying, and all that 9/11 imagery pop up, I couldn't have any fun watching the buildings explode, because the film didn't want me too.

But for Superman, with all the imagery, and the music, the tone, and look, it was all subconsciously telling me that this movie is no joke. This is something you shouldn't laugh at. This is serious business.

So when I saw people dying, and all that 9/11 imagery pop up, I couldn't have any fun watching the buildings explode, because the film didn't want me too.

Sorry for your loss. :monkey1

Blahblah blah blah bull**** bull**** bull**** blah blah balha blahjjrjuayadyaydaydyaydyayd

Cool post dawg. :rotfl

See? I can play the aggressive super fan angle too.

This movie is fascinating. I don't care if I loved it or, hated it. It's got so many things to discuss. Even though I get frustrated and sad when I think about it, I still find it just so much fun to read and talk about. Hence why, i'm having fun re-writing the ending. I can't wait to show it you guys because it's literally just another way of getting everything you enjoyed about it, while giving me those little character moments.

Do I think it's better? I don't know. Probably not. I'm not a great writer. But I like a few things I did. So we'll see.

Really 9/11? Also, heard people bring up Tornado crap. I live in Tornado alley and have seen what that can do. None of that crap bothered me.

Last edited:
Back