Man of Steel (SPOILERS)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
More perception and relativity. It's really not all that "deadly serious", either. Some people are making it sound like this is SE7EN or something. :lol

Why doesn't that stuff bother you with the TRANSFORMERS movies? Because they also include dumb racial jokes?

I've seen this three times Irish, did anyone actually die onscreen besides main characters? (Zod, Pa (both), etc..) Was there supposed to alot of death going on that we don't see when the terraformer is smashing cars and buildings?

My wife and I can't decide, but everytime I see this, I'm a little more sure that the pilot that Nam-ek attacked ejected. She thinks I'm seeing a smoke plume from the cockpit.

How many people did we see die in this movie?

You got at least the 40 people who got smashed down by the World Engine. But that was never my problem. See, or not see, I know what happens when a building falls.

Just wish that damn superhero saved a few people during that scene, instead of getting fighting a maniac. And I boil it all down to the writing of the scene. I don't care about the logic of "What was he supposed to do!".

That's on the writers. Not the film. The film doesn't just happen like a sports event. Someone carefully plotted all those points.

Well I totally agree with Celtic on this one. I can't be arsed arguing it myself but you're not alone Celtic! These guys in here could be a great people and they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way...or something.

Really 9/11? Also, heard people bring up Tornado crap. I love in Tornado alley and have seen what that can do. None of that crap bothered me.

Goddamnit, yes. That scene where people are running away from the collapse building is straight out of 9/11 footage. That doesn't make it bad, it just evokes a certain feeling. And nothing about that feeling is fun. And that's perfectly fine if that's what the filmmakers intended you to feel.

Well I totally agree with Celtic on this one. I can't be arsed arguing it myself but you're not alone Celtic! These guys in here could be a great people and they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way...or something.

nota;one.png

I feel like Kal-El meeting Zod right now.

Hopefully you don't go cray and make me have to break your neck.

Cool post dawg. :rotfl

See? I can play the aggressive super fan angle too.

This movie is fascinating. I don't care if I loved it or, hated it. It's got so many things to discuss. Even though I get frustrated and sad when I think about it, I still find it just so much fun to read and talk about. Hence why, i'm having fun re-writing the ending. I can't wait to show it you guys because it's literally just another way of getting everything you enjoyed about it, while giving me those little character moments.

Do I think it's better? I don't know. Probably not. I'm not a great writer. But I like a few things I did. So we'll see.

SO discuss it. You said Zod didn't run, he did, clearly. Thats why Superman flew through the town trying to find him.

Sorry, I don't give a crap about some kids sloppy Superman fantasies. I mean have fun with it if thats what you're into. :dunno

I've seen the movie several times and can only recall 1 or 2 people getting killed overtly onscreen (outside of the deaths of/by main characters).

Lots of falling buildings and property destruction, though. That's true. But... No more than in any random episode of Superman: The Animated Series or Justice League Unlimited.

I guess it's okay for kids cartoons, but put this same exact stuff in a PG-13 movie and the **** hits the fan. :lol

Goddamnit, yes. That scene where people are running away from the collapse building is straight out of 9/11 footage. That doesn't make it bad, it just evokes a certain feeling. And nothing about that feeling is fun. And that's perfectly fine if that's what the filmmakers intended you to feel.

I know what I felt watching what happened with some other college students as the building fell and what I've felt seeing Tornado damage. None of those feelings came up.

I have been discussing it you fanboy. :lol

I've been discussing it for 3 ****ing weeks. You just feel the need to be an insulting prick about it, and completely dismiss every thing people are saying about it. Not just you, but the fans in general. It's retarded. Absolutely retarded.

I'm not saying my opinion is fact, but the fact is, people were bothered by some of the things in this movie. That's a fact. Critics were, film fans were, regular people were. And another fact is, some were very pleased with this film. They loved it, and wouldn't change a thing! GREAT!

But you guys don't need to be so goddamn ****ing PETTY about it. :lol

I've seen the movie several times and can only recall 1 or 2 people getting killed overtly onscreen (outside of the deaths of/by main characters).

Lots of falling buildings and property destruction, though. That's true. But... No more than in any random episode of Superman: The Animated Series or Justice League Unlimited.

I guess it's okay for kids cartoons, but put this same exact stuff in a PG-13 movie and the **** hits the fan. :lol

I've never seen those films. But yes, actually, you're right. Live action and cartoons do evoke a different set of feelings. You can show someone falling to their death, and exploding in a cartoon (for the sake of the argument, like a really detailed cartoon, maybe an Anime or something), and it won't have the same affect on me as it would if it was in live action, with practical visceral effects.

I know what I felt watching what happened with some other college students as the building fell and what I've felt seeing Tornado damage. None of those feelings came up.

That's great for you. But that doesn't mean I didn't feel that way. So I don't really see what your point is. I'm not speaking for the universe here, aside from my comment that people do dislike the film/like the film.....

I've seen this three times Irish, did anyone actually die onscreen besides main characters? (Zod, Pa (both), etc..) Was there supposed to alot of death going on that we don't see when the terraformer is smashing cars and buildings?

My wife and I can't decide, but everytime I see this, I'm a little more sure that the pilot that Nam-ek attacked ejected. She thinks I'm seeing a smoke plume from the cockpit.

Nam-Ek definately killed the Hog pilot, squished him while attempting to eject.

2-4 Rangers were killed for sure when Faora pushed an overturned tanker towards them. The Rangers Faora whooped on like rag dolls looked like fatal blows, but those could go either way.

I have been discussing it you fanboy. :lol

I've been discussing it for 3 ****ing weeks. You just feel the need to be an insulting prick about it, and completely dismiss every thing people are saying about it. Not just you, but the fans in general. It's retarded. Absolutely retarded.

I'm not saying my opinion is fact, but the fact is, people were bothered by some of the things in this movie. That's a fact. Critics were, film fans were, regular people were. And another fact is, some were very pleased with this film. They loved it, and wouldn't change a thing! GREAT!

But you guys don't need to be so goddamn ****ing PETTY about it. :lol

I didn't insult you, I just pointed out you were wrong about him running, which isn't an opinion it happened in the movie. Did I say anything about peoples feelings evoked? Nope. Go on with your ******** :slap

What else was I supposed to say? Oooh, I'm so excited to see your fanfiction dude. I guess since its the internet you wouldn't know I wasn't saying it with a straight face. :lol

Not sure how to take this, since the wave gif is usually reserved for being condescending.

Like this?

Shouldn't you be getting your crayons and toilet paper out and working on your great American rewrite of the Man of Steel ending? :wave

OoOoO I just usually use it to say howdy in a post, but you're right, it somehow fits. :lol

Back