Man of Steel (SPOILERS)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would have been sad if that happened after the credits. Nolan Batman doesn't seem to fit in the same world as this movie for me personally.

Can't get anymore cheap than Bane/Talia. :monkey4

Although GL is a close second. :lol

I guess hes just universally loved, but I was watching TDKR on TV the other night and everytime JGL opened his mouth I had the urge to mute the TV. Between the delivery and just some of the asinine lines he had, it gets harder to watch every viewing. :monkey4

GL is like SM3.

A poor movie but has the potential with it's cast for a great movie (SM2)

Imo they shouldn't reboot but instead do a sequel with better writers and a better villain.

It can be good with the current cast.

I guess hes just universally loved, but I was watching TDKR on TV the other night and everytime JGL opened his mouth I had the urge to mute the TV. Between the delivery and just some of the asinine lines he had, it gets harder to watch every viewing. :monkey4

GL is like SM3.

A poor movie but has the potential with it's cast for a great movie (SM2)

Imo they shouldn't reboot but instead do a sequel with better writers and a better villain.

It can be good with the current cast.

WB/DC have really cornered themselves into a cinematic conundrum.

A week in the office at WB/DC:

Monday: Bale is Batman
Tuesday: Bale is not Batman
Wednesday: Bale is Batman
Thursday: Bale is not Batman
Friday: Bale is Batman

Last edited:
I would have been sad if that happened after the credits. Nolan Batman doesn't seem to fit in the same world as this movie for me personally.
It really doesn't. It's got touches of Nolan/Goyer of course, but despite quibbles folks have about Dark Knight Rises (myself included) it had a genuine emotional core. Man of Steel is bombastic and shallow in the same way that Green Lantern was, so they make more sense together.

It really doesn't. It's got touches of Nolan/Goyer of course, but despite quibbles folks have about Dark Knight Rises (myself included) it had a genuine emotional core. Man of Steel is bombastic and shallow in the same way that Green Lantern was, so they make more sense together.

Really? TDKR had an emotional core? I don't think so. Honestly, the only Nolam Batman film that can stand quality wise with MoS is TDK IMO.

WB/DC have really cornered themselves into a cinematic conundrum.

A week in the office at WB/DC:

Monday: Bale is Batman
Tuesday: Bale is not Batman
Wednesday: Bale is Batman
Thursday: Bale is not Batman
Friday: Bale is Batman

Yeah, probably going to look like that at Marvel someday if RDJ washes his hands with them. :lol

Really? TDKR had an emotional core? I don't think so. Honestly, the only Nolam Batman film that can stand quality wise with MoS is TDK IMO.

GTFO. TDK is a genuinely good movie. MOS is a noisy, fun if you like that sort of thing, video game flick, played completely straight so people think it's high art.

hatersc.jpg

MOS was fun and frenetic actionfest at the end, the rest of the movie was emotion-fuelled storytelling

In your severely limited opinion. :lol
People love it, great!

But it doesn't match TDK on any level. TDK was tremendous with critics, audiences, and actually had legs. People either love or hate MOS, and it's doing fine at the box office, but not getting anywhere near TDK's word of mouth.

There's a reason for that.

I loved Man of Steel. I enjoyed the Nolan Batman movies. Begins was the best of the three in my opinion. I just don't think the two characters as they were presented would mesh very well. I usually hate when they reboot a franchise over and over, but I really think if they're going to do the Justice League build up like Avengers, a rebooted Batman that's a little less grounded in gritty reality would fit better.

People love it, great!

But it doesn't match TDK on any level. TDK was tremendous with critics, audiences, and actually had legs. People either love or hate MOS, and it's doing fine at the box office, but not getting anywhere near TDK's word of mouth.

That is your opinion. Many others feel the exact opposite, and what makes their opinion any less valid that yours? See what I'm saying?

People love it, great!

That's a fair point, but doesn't make MOS any less good. There are lots of examples of great movies that do not light up the box office or get universal acclaim but are underated gems.

Back